JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Public and Study Watchtowers

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 862 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

When NWT are announced in new languages there is info that printed copies are going to be available in 2022. So I guess, Bibles are going to be focused in 2022

Bibles are always in focus, but they are not printed on the same machines as our magazines, and only a limited number of branches have the equipment and know-how to print Bibles.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 3 weeks later...

A very minor point, but the 4 reprinted public magazines (2 from 2018 & 2 from 2019): will effectively become number 1, 2022 & number 3, 2022 respectively.

These will likely have the new date “2022” even though they are reprinted from previous years which means they would then appear on JW.org twice. (but with different dates), slightly unusual. 🤔

the announcements  from December:

"Delay in Printing Public Magazines: ...... Although delivery of the new issues Awake! No. 3 2021, The Watchtower No. 1 2022, and Awake! No. 1 2022 may be delayed, requests will be filled once printing resumes."

Edited by Chris7

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

48 minutes ago, Chris7 said:

A very minor point, but the 4 reprinted public magazines (2 from 2018 & 2 from 2019): will effectively become number 1, 2022 & number 3, 2022 respectively.

These will likely have the new date “2022” even though they are reprinted from previous years which means they would then appear on JW.org twice. (but with different dates), slightly unusual. 🤔

the announcements  from December:

"Delay in Printing Public Magazines: ...... Although delivery of the new issues Awake! No. 3 2021, The Watchtower No. 1 2022, and Awake! No. 1 2022 may be delayed, requests will be filled once printing resumes."

The 2018 Watchtower we recently received has NO date on the cover.  It still shows 2018 in small print on the inside where the publishers data is posted.

On 9/23/2021 at 3:04 PM, jwhess said:

I know the elders received information about 2022 but i was not aware that it was for public announcement.

There has to be some sort of information sharing going on otherwise we cannot order the magazines appropriately. I would think that knowing there is a reissue as opposed to new will definitely have a direct effect on publisher requirements under current circumstances.

Edited by Eejay

53 minutes ago, jwhess said:

The 2018 Watchtower we recently received has NO date on the cover.  It still shows 2018 in small print on the inside where the publishers data is posted.

Thanks, that’s interesting. So perhaps there will be no need to re-publish these reprints with ‘2022 dates’ in JW Library for instance, which means there will only be one public WT and one public Awake dated 2022 and no “issue no” needed, perhaps.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

3 hours ago, Eejay said:

There has to be some sort of information sharing going on otherwise we cannot order the magazines appropriately. I would think that knowing there is a reissue as opposed to new will definitely have a direct effect on publisher requirements under current circumstances.

I am sure that the information has been passed around long enough that many of our friends are aware of the changes for 2022.  My only point was that the chart listing the issues and dates was part of a letter to the elders and not part of an announcement to the congregation.  I am in no way opposed to the publishers knowing details but I just felt it was wise to wait on the various announcements directed to the congregation to inform them.

We have had a couple of announcements about the delay of the public magazines recently.  If the chart had been intended to be public, there would have been no need to announce the delay.  We have been told (since at least 2018) to expect to reuse the older issues in the future.  We have received new reprints without dates for use in the new year.  Many of the Monthly Literature announcements have shown many languages having just one public Watchtower and one public Awake for the coming year or two. So it is not a secret that we will be using reprints.

3 hours ago, jwhess said:

the chart listing the issues and dates

Oh dear! Did someone publish the chart on here? I didn't see that. Quite agree if so.

We received the cut off dates for ordering so had to notify publishers of arrangements in the absence of a general announcement, otherwise we could not have co-ordinated appropriate order amounts in time to avoid waste.

I suspect a number of Congregations will have a supply of back issues already due to the reduced demand with Covid restrictions and the administrative delay on reduction of orders. The situation will likely differ country to country.

Edited by Eejay

3 hours ago, Eejay said:

Oh dear! Did someone publish the chart on here? I didn't see that. Quite agree if so.

We received the cut off dates for ordering so had to notify publishers of arrangements in the absence of a general announcement, otherwise we could not have co-ordinated appropriate order amounts in time to avoid waste.

I suspect a number of Congregations will have a supply of back issues already due to the reduced demand with Covid restrictions and the administrative delay on reduction of orders. The situation will likely differ country to country.

post #939 in

2021 Annual Meeting speculation and discussion (Warning: Spoilers start on page 19)