JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Business Insider: "CDC data confirms J&J is the worst-performing COVID-19 vaccine in the US...."

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 893 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Not to start any debates or issues but this article popped up that I found interesting.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-jj-vaccine-doesnt-protect-as-well-as-moderna-pfizer-2021-10

I'm questioning why media and others were able to 'sell' this as a "1 and done" vaccine, even with information that the effectiveness was lower compared to other two, but now that seems to not be the case. 😑

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/04/health/covid-vaccine-johnson-and-johnson-rollout.html "....But the early days of its rollout suggest something different: Some people are eager to get it because they want the convenience of a single shot. "

This only confirms what Jehovah says is true at Jer 10:23 - " I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

Business Insider: "CDC data confirms J&J is the worst-performing COVID-19 vaccine in the US...."

Two COVID-19 shots work better than one. 

For the first time, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is sharing data from across the US on COVID-19 cases and deaths, broken down by vaccination status, as well as vaccine brand.

With this more granular data available, clear trends are emerging showing Pfizer and Moderna's two-shot vaccines work best at preventing all kinds of COVID-19 infections.

Still, there's a "split in the potency of the vaccines with J&J and the other two," Moore said. 

Moderna's vaccine (green line) seems to have the edge, while Johnson & Johnson's one-shot vaccine (in orange) isn't holding up as well. 

Mounting evidence J&J should be a 2-shot vaccine

The data comes at a critical time, as an independent advisory committee to the US Food and Drug Administration voted unanimously Friday to support booster doses for everybody who's gotten J&J's vaccine.

At the meeting, Peter Marks, who directs the FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, said "there is some concern" about "the idea of the Janssen [J&J] vaccine as one dose."

"All of the data do not fully align with this being a vaccine that retains excellent activity over time against all forms of disease, or even against severe forms of disease," Marks said.

Edited by Reylyn

6 hours ago, Reylyn said:

Not to start any debates or issues but this article popped up that I found interesting.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-jj-vaccine-doesnt-protect-as-well-as-moderna-pfizer-2021-10

I'm questioning why media and others were able to 'sell' this as a "1 and done" vaccine, even with information that the effectiveness was lower compared to other two, but now that seems to not be the case. 😑

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/04/health/covid-vaccine-johnson-and-johnson-rollout.html "....But the early days of its rollout suggest something different: Some people are eager to get it because they want the convenience of a single shot. "

This only confirms what Jehovah says is true at Jer 10:23 - " I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

Do you want to debate about this?????  :laugh:

At the time, J&J proved that it worked and was safe and effective, albeit not as effective as the mRNA vaccines. In the effort to end the pandemic, we wanted everyone to get vaccinated ASAP. There was no way Pfizer and Moderna alone could keep up with the demand back then.

Vaccines aren't wildly popular, in case you haven't noticed, lol. So "one and done" was certainly appealing to huge amounts of people.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

In Germany they are suggesting a second shot with one of the other vaccines in the news, but then on the other hand, you have the next vaccination expert/scientist/chief medical doctor suggesting that the one shot is fine. Anyway, as of now, it's not mandatory and at least here is still subject to debate. A lot of places here you cannot enter without being fully vaccinated, recovered or have a negative corona test which now costs money for the unvaccinated to take. So much of "the scene of the world is changing." - 1 Cor.7:31

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

2 hours ago, JW2017 said:

Dr Fauci is now saying that it should have been two doses from the beginning because the second booster dose dramatically increases its effectiveness.  

Fauci says FDA data shows J&J vaccine should have been two shots | TheHill

Fauci is a good man. We've all be learning about this new virus shoulder to shoulder with everyone else. The vaccines are all new and we've had to wait for data to come in, and now we can use that data to tweak the reliable vaccination program so it can be even more awesome.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

2 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Fauci is a good man. We've all be learning about this new virus shoulder to shoulder with everyone else. The vaccines are all new and we've had to wait for data to come in, and now we can use that data to tweak the reliable vaccination program so it can be even more awesome.

Yes.

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard that one of the side effects of the JJ shot is an uncontrollable urge to yell DYN-O-MITE!

good times vh1 GIF

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D