JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Car Crashes Into Kingdom Hall

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 823 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Disaster relief and LDC isn’t keeping our brothers busy enough. This has to be dealt with too now.

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/news/local/car-crashes-into-kingdom-hall-greensboro-wednesday/83-ac7b2c8a-7d0c-4e72-bc2a-edcde69144d7

GREENSBORO, N.C. — A man crashed a car into the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses building in Greensboro Wednesday afternoon.

Greensboro police said the driver of the car, John Sandlin, 39, is facing a charge of a DWI. 

Officers said a person was taken to a local hospital after this incident to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries. 

A witness who saw the accident said two women and a baby were in the car. After the crash, the witness ran to help them. They said they got the two women and the baby safely out of the car. 

A committee member at Kingdom Hall said Duke Energy turned off the power because of the crash so they could get a generator. Kingdom Hall personnel said they are working to cover the hole as best they can before the winter storm arrives. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Wow, I hadn't heard about this!  My uncle, aunt, and cousin go to that Hall in Greensboro.  I will hopefully hear more details about this story later.  

It's interesting because about 10 years ago something similar happened at our Hall.  It was just a few months after the renovation was completed.  It was a cold and rainy Sunday afternoon.  A driver had a medical emergency and somehow managed to drive off the road, through the neighbor's yard, shed, and wooden fence and hit the side of our brick building.  It was about 30 minutes after our meeting had ended and another congregation was coming in for their meeting (It was their CO Visit.)  We were at the back of the auditorium at the time it happened.  It literally sounded like a bomb went off when the car came through the wall and landed on the right side of the stage.  Bricks and furniture went flying, but thankfully no one inside was seriously hurt.  Most of the brothers had already left and the rest of us were towards the back of the hall except for two people who were vacuuming nearby.  We were all thankful that it didn't happen during the meeting because it would have been much worse.  It was by far one of the scariest moments of my life that I will never forget!  But repairs were done fairly quickly and now it looks like it never happened.