JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Audio Descriptions Make Conventions More Accessible to Blind and Visually Impaired

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 837 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/Audio-Descriptions-Make-Conventions-More-Accessible-to-Blind-and-Visually-Impaired/

You might not have considered the work behind making audio descriptions, or who might benefit from it. Here is a nice article on that.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I just love the photo of the little boy enjoying the convention with his earphones on…

Perhaps he cannot see very well what is happening on the screen, but he can still “see”…

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Bro. Limbo (and his wife who is not blind) is a friend of ours. 😍

Very skilled in using braille. He owns a machine that can type it.

He gives good talks in the congregation.

We got really excited and happy when we see him on the article!!!

By the way, he is the blind brother on the right side of the photo (wearing gray Barong).

Edited by Danni

23 minutes ago, Danni said:

on the right side of the photo (wearing gray Barong)

image.png.ef55244cbafcaa181419e46a47f4b3af.png

Spoiler

image.png.bf5ad903b435e85fdc9e891da5e758df.png

A must-have item of the Filipino men’s wardrobe, the barong, with its classic sheer fabric that's complemented by a tailor-made Camisa de Chino (undershirt that's designed to be worn untucked)

10 hours ago, happiness IS said:

image.png.ef55244cbafcaa181419e46a47f4b3af.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.bf5ad903b435e85fdc9e891da5e758df.png

A must-have item of the Filipino men’s wardrobe, the barong, with its classic sheer fabric that's complemented by a tailor-made Camisa de Chino (undershirt that's designed to be worn untucked)

Yes! 😍😍😍

by the way, did you notice our convention badge card? because the Tagalog word for "Faith" is so long—"Pananampalataya", the photo on the badge card got edited out. 😅

Edited by Danni

18 minutes ago, Danni said:

Yes! 😍😍😍

by the way, did you notice our convention badge card? because the Tagalog word for "Faith" is so long—"Pananampalataya", the photo on the badge card got edited out. 😅

I noticed that. I was wondering what that was would be which year’s badge card, because I don’t remember seeing such card in any recent years. I had to look up that long word on google to find out to presume that it was indeed 2021 badge card.

It's also an excellent way to listen to talks or videos while you're driving or doing something else.  The video descriptions really make up for not being able to see the visuals!

Yes, but could you imagine the efforts put into making these descriptions?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

It’s past midnight. Sleep eludes me. I’ve listened to the talks for the blind and visually impaired in situations such as this. It’s the same material we see, but a rich depth has been given to it. And I love the way the songs are sung. 
Yes, for something so very detailed, such love goes into its production. You can almost feel it. 
Well, head phones set, and off I go to the convention!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!