JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Using a Rebounder (mini trampoline)

My wife and I just started attending a UBound class. She took to it easily but I found it tough as I was afraid of falling. Finally on the 2nd session I managed to finally bounce off the mat of the rebounder.:sweat:

If anyone has tips or experiences on using a rebounder I would appreciate it.

A youtuber mentioned that rebounding is good for the lymphatic system.

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/AyDx3Hrnt8g?t=404

06:44 To give you an idea, your heart has a pump. Sorry. Your blood has a pump which is the heart. That's how your body gets rid of toxicity and whatnot through the blood.

Your lymphatic system, there's no pump. The only way that you cleanse lymph is through movement. Rebounding is one of the best ways to get rid of lymph and the toxicity in your body. It helps get rid of your body of toxins, cancer cells, waste, trapped protein, bacteria, viruses and other waste of the cells cast off. It helps you get rid of all that
toxicity.

I found for me, it also helps with digestion, too, so your whole digestive system improves. When you're rebounding, you're flooding the cells with oxygen.

The lymphatic system is part of our immune system.

Spoiler

"Your lymphatic system, part of your immune system, has many functions. They include protecting your body from illness-causing invaders, maintaining body fluid levels, absorbing digestive tract fats and removing cellular waste. Blockages, diseases or infections can affect your lymphatic system's function"

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/21199-lymphatic-system#:~:text=Your lymphatic system%2C part of,affect your lymphatic system's function.

Edited by WilliamChew

Even though you have fallen off, get back up!  As you mentioned, it helps improve the lymphatic system but SO many more benefits!  You can attach a handle to the rebounder so you can hold on to - I would not be able to do it without it.  Check out - David Hall rebounding exercises on YouTube.  Have fun but be safe!

I've been rebounding off and on for the last 40 years or more, but lately with increasing health problems decided to get  more serious about it. I always used the less expensive trampolines for 20.00 that sometimes can be hard on your back, but recently I bought a better model that's more gentle and 'bouncier'.

I also ordered the handrails, one on each side for safety. But just one would be enough.

It's such a healthy exercise, easy and can be done anywhere by almost everyone. Even if you're not able to jump yourself which some are not at times, you can sit on it with someone else jumping for you, and still get much benefit.

I've loved walking, swimming, et but none of these have the same benefits as the rebounder, especially for the lymphatic system which is so important to our immunity right now.

When I was young I loved skipping rope, one of the few forms of play available to us girls in those days besides hopscotch, and how much it resembles rebounding; healthy even though we didn't know it..many have them in their yards today for their kids..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

At our sunday zoom breakout room, there happened to be 2 sisters who are around 60 who also believe in the health benefits of using a rebounder. They both use the newlife 40 inch metal spring rebounder for US$130.

One has used it for more than 20 years without a handrail. She says it helps the knees. The other uses it for 30-40 minutes everyday despite her leaky heart valve condition.

An 85 year old brother in the US told me he exercises on the rebounder everyday for 5 minutes every morning.

I have rebounders from the days when folks who got into it on a whim finally discarded them either curbside or the "goodwill store".

One set up in my laundry room with a single handed support (looks like an aluminum cane with a rubber hand grip) so I can close my eyes and zone out.  When I make coffee I rebound, when I cook things I rebound if I get bored (NEVER) I would rebound...   I have 2 lb weights to add some arm work in there!  these little things add up without a big commitment and keep the circulatory system going.  I am a health nut as the modern medical system doesn't work for me.  I DID NOT think I would make it THIS far after last foray in the hospital system, My son says I could write a BOOK!  I could...

Do you have a guilty cheat?  I am not allowed the cheat unless I rebound!   My ID pic is a few years old but I was on day three of a dry fast (look it up). I was reminded because I named the pic "Pat in a hat on a fast!".  I have a series of Hat pics   lol   but rebounding is the day to day way especially as I head to 70 this year.

I just bought the OneTwoFit 53" mini trampoline at US$85 during a special sale in Singapore. Amazon sells a similar 48" version .

The 42 bungee cords are very strong (8mm in diameter) and it took us about 2 hours to install with a lot of sweat. Happy with the performance of this rebounder. It doesn't sag with my 95kg weight and I'm able to bounce well on it. ( I heard some cheap ones sag due to weak springs).

Its also very quiet due to the bungee cord springs. (unlike those with metal springs)

On 2/20/2022 at 11:41 AM, Diantha74 said:

Check out - David Hall rebounding exercises on YouTube.  Have fun but be safe!

6 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Its also very quiet due to the bungee cord springs. (unlike those with metal springs)

I decided to try and modified a couple of David Hall moves to add to my frequent bouncing practice and the words "but be safe" are very applicable!   I am good (whew!) but humbled by my limitations these days!   Still, it has added value to my little workout!    I was just thinking recently how quiet my spring version has gotten but after recovering from recent "cold" I discover it might have been the head congestion!   lol   

I also have one with bungee strings. I have the fit bounce pro. It is super well made. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

• 3 weeks later...