JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Aussie songs

2 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

What about the other Aussie classic song called: "My boomerang won't come back". 🪃

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

Good one 🤣

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

4 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

You want Aussie Culture music, look up anything by 'John Williamson'.

A Safeway's lol. Give me a home.  The old Burke's backyard show. 

Thanks for sharing. Cheers!!!

2 hours ago, Stee said:

Who remembers the song: Redback on the toilet seat! 🤣 🕷

Or a redback in the hose reel. Crikey mate!!!. Long story. But yep the bite hurts.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

On 3/21/2022 at 10:10 PM, surfergirl said:

I used to like this song when I watched Humpty Dumpty. lol

Oh my! A good bit of Austrayliana right there! I hadn’t seen the film clip since Countdown days 🤣

I think the 80s was when Australian music was coming into its own. Midnight Oil, Hoodo Gurus, Cold Chisel, INXS, Men At Work, LRB, Icehouse, Sunnyboys, Hunters and Collectors, and of course Australian Crawl. Wow! Memory lane right there!😜

3 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

Great update. Nice seeing the red dirt again and Uluru. Been there couple of yrs back. So big and spacious is the outback. 

1 hour ago, surfergirl said:

seeing the red dirt

I remember reading 'A town like Alice' and marveling how the male lead had been reluctant to leave this hot and stifling region in Queensland and his love for the beauty of the red landscape. Didn't know the soil there was red in colour. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1adc687a1ed43554f9b0d5d261254733.png

country's all red, and the mountains are red.
And then, in the evenings sometimes,
it all goes kind of purple, and...
...'course, after the wet it's green.

Edited by happiness IS

1 hour ago, happiness IS said:

I remember reading 'A town like Alice' and marveling how the male lead had been reluctant to leave this hot and stifling region in Queensland and his love for the beauty of the red landscape. Didn't know the soil there was red in colour. 

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.1adc687a1ed43554f9b0d5d261254733.png

country's all red, and the mountains are red.
And then, in the evenings sometimes,
it all goes kind of purple, and...
...'course, after the wet it's green.

I've heard of that story . I know there's a tv series.

It's very red from Too of Queensland. Northern territory to Western Australia and some parts of Sth Australia. There's a place we checked out Birdsville track. Very red. The 4WD we have now . Even though we've cleaned it. Places hard to get to still traces of the red dirt.

I guess it's a souvenir now. LoL

Your right about shades of purple. Especially at dusk. The shades go deeper. Thanks for the mentioned. 

1 hour ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

They even call the sand dunes red. Here is the Big Red in Birdsville

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

Yes for sure. We did the Big Red Bash. When the kids were smaller.

Loads and loads of red sand as far as the eye could see.

Traveling along to the Birds. Andrew coped a lot of stones

Getting in the rims between the rubber. He not long before that bought the Max tracks.

I could see the Frustration in him trying to change the tyre on the soft dirt. So I said why not put the jack on the max tracks for grip.stability.  He did it worked.

Some are past Broken Hill

The rest are Birdsville 2015

20150705_140245.jpg

20150706_103737.jpg

20150704_113239.jpg

20150706_113401.jpg

20150704_112555.jpg

20150706_161540.jpg

20150706_104723.jpg

• 2 months later...