JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zorbing - From the Guys Who Brought Us Bungee Jumping

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

So I bring this back to the top because I saw this in the news today...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/01/man-dies-when-zorbing-thrill-ride-goes-wrong/

How horrifying!

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

We did that when we went to NZ... I must say, it was the BEST FUN IVE EVER HAD....and Im OLD!! ITs safe and fun. We did it with our kids 14, 12, 10. It was really expensive though, but the "extra" dollars we all had to spend, went on more goes of that. That picture was my kids in a Zorb, just before they got out

141152=7767-44.jpg

Sorry, BOB, I dont know what I did wrong.

what do you mean?

you know, when I posted this 3 years ago it looks like that it would be a lot of fun to me too. Of course, I wouldn't go down a mountain side in one :-)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

It's amazing the various ways people find to kill themselves! An accident is one ting, but to put yourself in such a dangerous situation is certainly not respecting the gift of life!

Thats being a little judgmental, IMHO, isnt it Chuck?...I mean, here you are, wrapped in a bubble of air, gently bouncing around...

Almost like being in the womb.....

Your perceptions are not the same as mine. I would do that 'zorb' thing in a hot second, and laugh the whole way...You may feel thats disrespecting life, I feel its just enjoying it...

Far more people are killed in cars than by any other means...would you have us not go out in service because its too dangerous and we are dissing the gift of life?.....It is our own personal judgment call on how much risk we accept in our own lives.

You are a long time Brother, many years of faithful service and people here look up to you and respect your opinions, as do I. Making the blunt statement that you did could be construed as judgmental and critical of other persons legitimate actions....

and this is just one mans opinion, offered freely, and worth what you paid for it....

Love you Brother Chuck, hope we can go zorbing some day--right after we're done skydiving----:thumbsup:

Fiona that looks insanely fun.

Is it anything like the Cheese Run that the Europeans do?

Yesterday we stopped at a playground for the kids they had

This ride it looked like the Stargate ring. Lol. Kids lay back on it.

Inside the ring & get whirled around..

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

It looks like the thing we used to put our pet hamster in! We did this because if we didn't he would scuttle behind the piano and get in the back of it and we could never find him in there among all the strings and hammers. However, he got weak and poorly after a couple of weeks of being in the ball each evening. We took him to the vet and the vet gave us chips of vitamin B tablets for him and told us not to use the ball any more. Apparently, when the ball went at speed it didn't take in oxygen, despite the air-holes in it's sides and the animal was asphyxiating and heading for a blackout or stroke as the ball went round for 10 to 15 minutes. Wonder if they thought of that, let alone it going easily out of control and being too fast and heavy to stop at speed on the wrong type of slope.

We have a similar thing comes to our town with the fair every year where kids get into big transparent balls and roll them over large paddling pools at our harbour in the summer, but I still think of our hamster when I see them and worry about them being oxygen starved after a few minutes.