JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Personalized license plates

It takes awhile for a corporation to catch up with copyright violations. We had a brother, a good artist, who drew Snoopy on a sign he had outside his shop. Took a long time, but, in time, it was addressed, by the Snoopy People. Sign was promptly removed. 
I’d hate to be in  a position where I just may get a letter from the Society’s legal department. Wouldn’t be so snazzy then!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

On 4/12/2022 at 7:26 AM, Tortuga said:

The contrasting opinions about this are very interesting.

So some feel a license plate displaying JW.ORG is presumptuous, fanatical, shallow and draws unnecessary attention to the person.

All valid points. It will be interesting to see more opinions on this.

GULP  .    .      :tsk:     :pray:    I tried several times to get a license plate that other JW's would understand.  Tried to get PS 8318.  The DMV form asks what the meaning of your request is, so I answered it's a scripture.  They denied it.

As soon as our broadcast program began I had a light bulb moment.   :idea:    TV JW ORG.   Yep, that's my license plate.  Experiences:  I had a car pull up alongside at 65 miles per hour and hold his position until I looked over at them and they waved!    Made my day!   Another occasion, I was dropping off some material to a customer and the man could tell it was a URL (if that's the right acronym)  and he asked me what it means.  I told him about the broadcast.  Although he was planning to buy more materials, he didn't come back to my business for them!

On 5/5/2022 at 7:22 PM, Pabo said:

As the plates where the property of the State Govt department that issued them, you were not allowed to paint them or alter them at all, as it was a criminal offense. 

To this point,  I was tempted to take some nail polish and put the dots after TV. JW. ORG , but that may have been a violation of law.  Besides, I really am giving a shout out to our brothers.  They would recognize the meaning without the dots  :ok:

Enjoyed all the viewpoints BTW

Can you imagine if someone had such a plate and ended up disfellowshipped? Would they keep the plate? An actual Gov't issued plate is not as easy to stop using as removing a window sticker is.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~