JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Achieving Maximum health, high energy levels and disease reversal:)-D

Last year a bible student went to the hospital. He was admitted to the ER with chest pains. After a battery of heart stress tests, EKG's and cutting his groin open to install a camera to his arteries, it was determined after billing him 40k that he had a serious case of indigestion and heartburn. I mentioned to him that after years of trying different products for digestive problems, everything would seem to go back to normal after eating a green salad, the heartburn, indigestion, ulcer and stomach pains would just disappear. I mentioned to him to please just try to drink a large glass of raw fresh organic green juice slow masticated. After He went to Whole Foods and juiced some greens, he called to say thank you, and that he hadn't felt better for such a long time.

He worked in the yard all day and felt completely energized. Now he juices regularly.

Even Dr. Oz is coming around. He is now recommending that everyone drink fresh raw organic green juice daily. A couple of days ago he juiced with a Omega Vertical slow masticating juicer, and is now adding dandelion greens and cayenne pepper.

For any one wanting to reverse disease Dr. Brian Clement co-founder and director of Hippocrates Health Institute recommends 2 oz. of fresh wheat grass 3 times a day and a large salad once a day, and 2 large glasses of fresh green juice. Here is the recipe: I/2 Cucumber, Celery, and any greens such as kale, broccoli, chard, dandelion greens. etc. The other 1/2 is sunflower and buckwheat sprouts.

For flavor you can add lemon. It's not recommended to mix fruits with vegetables, but some add a little apple for flavor.

For the skeptics people have reversed serious life-threatening disease that allopathic medicine has no cure. Dr. Lodi Recommends juicing at least 2 quarts of green juice per day, along with chlorophyll rich wheat or barley grass, and a live enzyme rich raw food diet. For those that return to their old ways and diet, disease returns with a vengeance.

• 2 weeks later...

You are absolutely correct. Jehovah designed our bodies to heal themselves. However, we need nutrition in order to facilitate this.

The typical heavily processed diets are the root cause of most major diseases - this has been scientifically proven. The closer you can get to "raw" foods the better. Simply eating more vegetables and eliminating processed foods (white flours and sugar) would be at one end of the scale and adding to that, juicing properly, would at the high end of that scale.

If you are not yet at the point of investing in a juicer, at least get a good quality blender - like a Vita-Mix. Make it a goal to drink some fresh juice every day, :drink:even if your daily diet (whatever that is) remains much the same. Greens are the best. One of my favorite combinations is a extra-large handful of fresh spinach leaves, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 apple, about 5 pieces of frozen pineapple and some grated ginger - really delicious!

There are far healthier options as Michael mentioned - but, this is a great start if you are new to juicing or want to start slow.

There is absolutely no doubt that you physically feel better when ingesting juices, it also really controls the appetite because, your body is getting what it needs. If you are suffering from a specific disease, take heart - this could very well cure your ailment. (More later)

I have a morning meeting so I have to run, but this is one of my MOST favorite topics - thanks for bringing it up Michael, and I'll be back!

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

I need to try juicing again. Last time I did it was 10 years ago and my body started releasing so many toxins I got horribly sick and quit. I need to try it again. Any good juicing books you guys recommend?

I need to get back into juicing, too. A recipe book came with my juicer, but there are a lot of good ideas online.

Also, a good resource for info is foodmatters.tv ...and if you have never seen the film Food Matters, it is worth watching. You can get it from Netflix, I know. Shows how screwed up the earth and our health is...and it is very obvious that only Jehovah will be able to fix our out-of-balance systems.

• 3 weeks later...

There is even a movie about an Australian man who used juice to get healthy.

It is called "Reboot". reboot yourself.

He loses allot of weight and then finds an American man to also lose a bunch of weight.

He then can get off his medications all due to the juicing. :sunshine:

Mean Green

Kale bunch

3 Green Apple

Ginger root (Thumb size)

2 cucumber

zinger of a drink!

Hi , I have never had a juicer, and very rarely drink juice. I am very interested in trying this. I was in a terrible car accident last summer and am not able to exercise as much as I would like to. I feel bad all the time, absolutely no energy at all. I have high blood pressure, am a bit overweight, and suffer depression. I wonder if the juice would help me to feel a bit better.

• 3 weeks later...

When you add the greens to the juicer, do you add anything else? Water apple juce? Or is just the ingredients? If so isnt it thick and lumpy?

I'd like to try it, I've never done it before. Can I use an ordinary blender?

Thank you for the tips. I have very low energy levels and am willing to try anything!

When you add the greens to the juicer, do you add anything else? Water apple juce? Or is just the ingredients? If so isnt it thick and lumpy?

Thank you for the tips. I have very low energy levels and am willing to try anything!

Most of the blenders now do a good job if you don't want to invest in a juicer. One of my favorites is: a couple of handfuls of fresh spinach, 1/2 apple - unpeeled, 1/2 cucumber unpeeled (and cut into small chunks if using a blender) and some fresh grated ginger to taste. I add about a cup of so of water and a few ice cubes, then blend away, using the pulse button if you have one. Make sure that you drink it right away to get all the good enzymes.:drink:

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

Most of the blenders now do a good job if you don't want to invest in a juicer. One of my favorites is: a couple of handfuls of fresh spinach, 1/2 apple - unpeeled, 1/2 cucumber unpeeled (and cut into small chunks if using a blender) and some fresh grated ginger to taste. I add about a cup of so of water and a few ice cubes, then blend away, using the pulse button if you have one. Make sure that you drink it right away to get all the good enzymes.:drink:

Ah thank you. I'm definitely going to try it and if I get on with it and keep it up, I'll invest in a juicer. But I know me, it could just end up in the back of my cupboard if I rush out and buy one lol

Ah thank you. I'm definitely going to try it and if I get on with it and keep it up, I'll invest in a juicer. But I know me, it could just end up in the back of my cupboard if I rush out and buy one lol

My family refers to our basement as the "appliance junkyard." I sure know how it goes with small appliances! The blender should be fine for awhile. Another option is a Vita-mix machine, which I also have on my counter. More powerful than most blenders. You can juice virtually anything but many of the juices are a bit potent if you're not used to them. I really love this one because it's so easy, doesn't require a juicer and really makes you feel like you're on the right track. The blender does produce a thicker product because of the pulp but, I just thin it down with more water.

Another one I love is "Lemonade" using whole lemons. I used to make this in a juicer so I'm not sure if it would work as well in a blender. Basically, put in the entire lemon (in chunks) - skin and seeds included. Add enough raw apple to naturally sweeten it. Pour over ice with fresh lemon slice garnish. :)-D

I posted in the 'comfort foods' thread, but the post is possibly applicable here too: :surrender:

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?62,112555,112566#msg-112566

'when you want to diet my Dad has alway's quoted the Daniel diet.....dan1:8 & 12 for ten days they drank water & ate vegies & fruit...

he makes me laugh. but It works:eat:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."