JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

37 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Observer le scénario et l’actualité du monde n’est pas une opinion personnelle !

Trump retirera les États-Unis de l'OTAN s'il remporte les élections, prévient un ancien conseiller

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/12/politics/us-out-nato-second-trump-term-former-senior-adviser/index.html

Around here, the threat is taken seriously. Financial blackmail which makes sense given the economic situation of the states. In the end: thank you Jehovah for telling us what will really happen: chaos, but chaos under control. We don't have to be afraid, especially not, even if the threat suggests the worst. Being interested in it should nourish our faith, not weaken it. The text of the year still says something about what can fall on us, we must be ready, but we will not melt with it. Jehovah will provide, He loves us, He is our Father, He will take care of us.

6 hours ago, Mike047 said:

In some lands, I guess the stance taken by the government is more rigid than that taken in other lands. I was thinking of how careful our brothers and sisters have been at different time periods and in different lands. During the periods of WWI and WWII our brothers and many others were classified as Conscientious Objectors. At that time they had to be very careful about comments they made, and sometimes upset others.

One of the problems of being an older person is that you can be over cautious about words. In this day and age, for example we have to be careful about gender words and similar expressions. Whether on a forum or in a more public arena, I have tried to be careful. 

If this is an over-reaction, my humble apologies.

Also language is a barrier, a cause of misunderstanding😅 even though we use the same language we interpret it differently. 

"Peace is a rallying cry".   I heard that the other day but that's great.    Although I like anything with an engine in it or on it (#2), I am pretty sure he is referring to #1 below.  😉

ral·ly·ing
/ˈralēiNG/
noun
noun: rallying
  1. 1.
    the action or process of coming together to support a person or cause or take concerted action.
    "a rallying cry"

2. 2.
    the sport or action of participating in a motor rally.
    "established names in international rallying"

If anyone wants the full context/transcript, here is the link for what @Richie posted. 

Secretary-General's remarks to the General Assembly on Priorities for 2024

https://www.un.org/sg/en/content/sg/speeches/2024-02-07/secretary-generals-remarks-the-general-assembly-priorities-for-2024

Edited by chuck83

6 minutes ago, Desert Dan said:

"Peace is a rallying cry".   I heard that the other day but that's great.    Although I like anything with an engine in it or on it (#2), I am pretty sure he is referring to #1 below.  😉

ral·ly·ing
/ˈralēiNG/

noun
noun: rallying
  1. 1.
    the action or process of coming together to support a person or cause or take concerted action.
    "a rallying cry"

2. 2.
    the sport or action of participating in a motor rally.
    "established names in international rallying"

Words are now become intense...

Though prophecy about KOTN is happening today. Life must go on. 

We need to work. 

Our organization is still planning for more projects. 

Children of Jw still go to college because thats the requirements of many companies. 

Some bro and sis here still go and migrate abroad for greener pastures. 

For me, Im planning to move where the job is because when parents are ageing. In my country, government provides little help for old people. 

Cost of living has risen. 

Even bro and sis who have good privileges like elders and pioneers still looking and migrating for more secure country. 

My point is, though end is near, life must go on. 

16 minutes ago, mjcabz said:

Who saw the interview of Tucker Carlson with Putin? They touch about religion. It shows that Orthodox Church was behind of the banning of JW in Russia.

It was already known long time ago prior to the unfolding of KOTN. The closed relationship of Putin to Russian Orthodox was used to execute the national persecution of all JWs in Russia and some other denominations. According to Russian Orthodox, Russian people is for Orthodoxy. 

8 minutes ago, JennyM said:

We need to work. 

Children of Jw still go to college because thats the requirements of many companies. 

For me, Im planning to move where the job is because when parents are ageing. In my country, government provides little help for old people. 

Even bro and sis who have good privileges like elders and pioneers still looking and migrating for more secure country. 

Yes, life must go on even during GT and a bit challenging for developing countries. Whereever we are always ask Jehovah for guidance

38 minutes ago, Richie said:

Yes, life must go on even during GT and a bit challenging for developing countries. Whereever we are always ask Jehovah for guidance

It is. I showed loyalty to Jehovah many times.. Like job offer that doesn't allow me to attend midweek meeting. 

23 minutes ago, JennyM said:

It is. I showed loyalty to Jehovah many times.. Like job offer that doesn't allow me to attend midweek meeting. 

That's a great thing you had done. We already felt Jehovah's presence when we were in hard times. I am sure Jehovah will never leave us especially in difficult times. 

1 hour ago, JennyM said:

We need to work. 

If moving, please count the cost sis. Throughout the years friends in America have done this and it leads to disaster physically and spiritually too.

3 hours ago, mjcabz said:

Who saw the interview of Tucker Carlson with Putin? They touch about religion. It shows that Orthodox Church was behind of the banning of JW in Russia.

Putin said it’s a sacred war going 

Now it’s a war. Not just a military operation 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

Putin said it’s a sacred war going 

Now it’s a war. Not just a military operation 

Can you please link me to that declaration?

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)