JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

10 hours ago, JennyM said:

There are 27,000 nuclear weapons as of 2010. 

Not more than that? 🙃 It's ridiculous that they exist anyways. 

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short. If you, Sister, are "a nice one", feel welcome to hit the PM button and drop me a line. (See topic; Single again)

20 hours ago, JennyM said:

There are 27,000 nuclear weapons as of 2010. 

Even less now - though don't feel too comfortable about it.

There were approximately 12,500 nuclear warheads worldwide as of January 2023 and almost 90 percent of them belong to two countries: the United States and Russia. Even though the number of nuclear weapons worldwide has been decreasing since the Cold War, still the same two countries possess the majority of them.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/264435/number-of-nuclear-warheads-worldwide/

In total, the global nuclear stockpile is close to 13,000 weapons.

While that number is lower than it was during the Cold War ..... it does not alter the fundamental threat to humanity these weapons represent.

.... the warheads on just one US nuclear-armed submarine have seven times the destructive power of all the bombs dropped during World War II, including the two atomic bombs dropped on Japan. And the United States usually has ten of those submarines at sea.

Moreover, nearly all the major nuclear powers—including the United States, Russia, and China—are now significantly increasing their nuclear arsenals in size, capability, or both. This growing new arms race is raising the risk of nuclear war.

https://www.ucsusa.org/nuclear-weapons/worldwide

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

42 minutes ago, JennyM said:

That was in 2007 - 16 years ago and the brothers shared it 13 years ago.

I know it's from the WT, but it doesn't mean they are the latest figures available.

My post gave information how things stood as of January this year.

Edited by GeordieGirl

12 minutes ago, JennyM said:

image.png.f889c048881226be79c1a7e125b53c66.pngfrom the bulletin, 3708

Sorry Jenny, I can barely see that and of what I can see I am not sure the point you are making,

or the connection between the 27,000 you mentioned earlier and the 3,708 you are pointing to now. 

I have tried to enlarge it but that isn't possible.

Perhaps you could share the link where you got this from.

Edited by GeordieGirl

1 hour ago, JennyM said:

The chart you shared with 3,708 is the number in the US only.

Russia has 4,489 as of this year, China 410 and France 290.

All the other countries recorded with nuclear warheads haven't been updated for 2023

The links I shared earlier of nearly 13,000 are the number across the whole world.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Anyway, let's move on from nuclear weapons - we have something much better to look forward to. 

It doesn't matter how many weapons the world has, Jehovah has more power than all of them and He

gives us something much better to think about. ❤️

5 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Anyway, let's move on from nuclear weapons - we have something much better to look forward to. 

It doesn't matter how many weapons the world has, Jehovah has more power than all of them and He

gives us something much better to think about. ❤️

I agree, best to stick to the "weapon" we have in our pocket, the Bible.

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short. If you, Sister, are "a nice one", feel welcome to hit the PM button and drop me a line. (See topic; Single again)

35 minutes ago, Loyal said:

Please 

Is there any article that mentions that Jehovah will likely directly care for the elderly and infirm during the great tribulation?

Try this article: *** w18 setembro p. 27 par. 16 Um Deus todo-poderoso e que mostra consideração pelos outros ***
16 Hoje, Jeová também cuida de seu povo como grupo, tanto em sentido espiritual como físico. E ele vai continuar fazendo isso na grande tribulação, que está bem perto. (Apo. 7:9, 10) Não importa se são jovens ou idosos, saudáveis ou deficientes, os servos de Jeová não vão entrar em pânico durante a grande tribulação.b Na verdade, farão o contrário. Eles vão se lembrar do que Jesus falou: “Ponham-se de pé e levantem a cabeça, porque o seu livramento está se aproximando.” (Luc. 21:28) Mesmo quando sofrer o ataque de Gogue (uma coalizão de nações muito mais poderosa do que aquele Faraó), o povo de Deus vai continuar confiando em Jeová. (Eze. 38:2, 14-16) Por quê? Porque sabemos que Jeová não muda. Ele novamente vai mostrar que é um Salvador poderoso e amoroso. — Isa. 26:3, 20.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=T&docid=2018570&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=26

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

56 minutes ago, Loyal said:

Please 

Is there any article that mentions that Jehovah will likely directly care for the elderly and infirm during the great tribulation?

Look closely into this video:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/music-songs/original-songs/peace-at-last-2022-convention-song/
check this scene:

IMG_4898.jpeg

IMG_4897.jpeg

Now compare that woman with blond hair with this:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/2022Convention/pub-jwbcov22_17_VIDEO

minute 15

IMG_4901.jpeg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

As we can all see GB shows us that Jehovah will not only take care of elderly and ill people but He will restore IMEDIATLY their health after Armagedom 

Edited by Sofia

3 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Look closely into this video:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/music-songs/original-songs/peace-at-last-2022-convention-song/
check this scene:

IMG_4898.jpeg

IMG_4897.jpeg

Now compare that woman with blond hair with this:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/2022Convention/pub-jwbcov22_17_VIDEO

minute 15

IMG_4901.jpeg

This made me think, perhaps some limited “healing” and fixing of medical issues will actually be done during GT. Many will not have access to the medications etc…etc. She is coming out from GT without any “medical support” and it appears that Jehovah done some work. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, New World Explorer said:

This made me think, perhaps some limited “healing” and fixing of medical issues will actually be done during GT. Many will not have access to the medications etc…etc. She is coming out from GT without any “medical support” and it appears that Jehovah done some work. 

Exactly my opinion too

If Jehovah doesn’t perform that miracle it will be impossible for severely ill or too elderly to survive.

I recall several experiences of wonderful evacuations during the war in Ukraine last year. 
if GT lasts many days some wonderful protection must take place as well to

keep them all alive.

it makes no sense otherwise

During the Deluge Noah also survived 

he was far much older than his sons

on 66 EC Christians survived older and young

Jesus said “beware of pregnant “ not “beware old and ill “

my opinion only.

Foot note :

“It is reasonable to conclude that some Armageddon survivors will be disabled. When on earth, Jesus cured people with “every sort of infirmity,” thus giving us a preview of what he will do, not for resurrected ones, but for Armageddon survivors. (Matt. 9:35) Resurrected ones will no doubt have whole, sound bodies.”

source: https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2018570&srcid=share

Please keep in mind, videos, pictures, and artists’ renditions of the NewWorld are NOT divinely inspired.

Even if we die during The Great Tribulation, we have the hope of the resurrection. Some matter what happens to us, Jehovah will take care of us.

Unfortunately, there is no scripture reference that indicates we will receive divine protection during the GT. Some of us WILL die. Only during Armageddon will we be divinely protected.

But you are correct about those that do survive, will be healed physically right away after Armageddon.

Edited by zoebarry

4 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Please keep in mind, videos, pictures, and artists’ renditions of the NewWorld are NOT divinely inspired.

Even if we die during The Great Tribulation, we have the hope of the resurrection. Some matter what happens to us, Jehovah will take care of us.

Unfortunately, there is no scripture reference that indicates we will receive divine protection during the GT. Some of us WILL die. Only during Armageddon will we be divinely protected.

But you are correct about those that do survive, will be healed physically right away after Armageddon.

Some things are just logical expectations. Personally it does not make sense to me at all, that brother with diabetes or other medical condition who enters GT, dies shortly after due to lack of Jehovah’s care and protection or lack of medicine, and has to be resurrected shortly after. I trust that Jehovah will take care of us all when we enter GT. (Just stated my opinion) Jehovah knows what we need. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)