JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/15/unsc-adopts-resolution-calling-for-extended-humanitarian-pauses

It was adopted by 12 votes in favour, zero against and three abstentions – Russia, the United States and the United Kingdom.

“It is binding international law, but we know that there are many Security Council resolutions that are binding international law that Israel does not comply with. But I think it will add added pressure on Israel, particularly as the US allowed this resolution to go through – it could’ve used its veto,” said Al Jazeera’s diplomatic editor James Bays.

59 minutes ago, Grace Howard said:

Does everyone here find that your personal difficulties are escalating big time? Like Satan is being relentless in his pursuit of you?

I can attest to this. SATAN is slapping me left, right and center, more due to the fact that I allowed place for the devil by giving him an opportunity. Now it may seem that he's winning but the onus is on me to prove otherwise. 

2 hours ago, truce said:

I can attest to this. SATAN is slapping me left, right and center, more due to the fact that I allowed place for the devil by giving him an opportunity. Now it may seem that he's winning but the onus is on me to prove otherwise. 

Yep. I can and so can my friend. Life changing trials that you never imagined would be an issue are happening on a life changing, grand scale. Its nuts! 

Jehovah can give us power beyond normal when facing problems to endure trials. As given in Corinthians 10: 13  Jehovah will not allow any temptations to happen to us that are beyond we could bear. So take courage, Jehovah knows us and our limitations and will definitely help and strengthen us to face Great Tribulation.

Edited by SOCHU

35 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

KEEP ON THE WATCH!

Why Can’t People Make Peace?—⁠What Does the Bible Say?

501100089_univ_lsr_lg.thumb.jpg.49640960706b4607d84fd8384e05e7d4.jpg

https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/why-cant-people-make-peace/

And thanks for bringing things back on topic  :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

It will be interesting to see how current conflict between Hamas and Israel will settle, because Gaza is basically not liveable. On top of it Israel said that after the conflict they will no longer look after the Gaza Strip and supply electricity, water and gas. Looks like international solutions are needed. Will UN play a role? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Yes, it is. The world is SO divided and fragmented at the moment. Israel have just said at this point they have no intention of applying the “resolution” from the UNSC. It’s not the first time they have done that but they appear to be going full steam ahead to destroy Hamas. At this point the UN appears to be completely powerless. The pressure is building on the world governments to come up with a solution. That’s the impression I’m getting anyway. 

Germany has floated that the United Nations could take control in Gaza once the Israel-Hamas war is over, according to a document seen by POLITICO. 

However, both the Palestinians and some EU diplomats have serious doubts about the feasibility of the idea, with a senior Palestinian figure in Europe calling it “unacceptable.” (Politico) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Lots more happening in the world than just the conflict in the Middle East. The Russia-Ukraine situation, stuff happening in Sudan (not that I’ve read much about it. Continued natural disasters, persecution of bros n sis, 2 Timothy 3:1-5 being fulfilled, we see it everyday. Probably more stuff too

40 minutes ago, Grace Howard said:

Im not sure if the Hamas issue is big enough for the issue of the GT. When I think of the GT I think the governments coming up with solutions I think of global warming, economies not doing well, wars ceasing, the King of the North and South getting along well. What do you think?

Yes, but one issue can create domino effect and put in focus other problems that need attention. One is certain that soon nations will feel that they have handled some issues by declaring Peace and Security…

4 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

KEEP ON THE WATCH!

Why Can’t People Make Peace?—⁠What Does the Bible Say?

501100089_univ_lsr_lg.thumb.jpg.49640960706b4607d84fd8384e05e7d4.jpg

https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/more-topics/why-cant-people-make-peace/

amazing ‼️

cover has changed twice in one week ☺️🙏

thursday is the usual day 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”