JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hi

I'm trying to find a away to share a link to a specific file on JW Stram (Circuit Assembly in this case), but when I copy the link to each session it will ask for the login information

If I send the link to the page where all the files are visible it doesn't ask the login information

Any one know how to share the JW stream for a specific event and not all the events available?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, pholmes38 said:

Are you using the "Invitation" feature?

This is a key thing to do. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

In your "1" field specify which exact program you would like for them to view. 

"2" the name and email address of publisher you are sending it to. 

"3" specify the meeting. Either assemblies, convention( when they are available), and language. 

All these fields needs to be confirmed with the "add" field. When you are ready then you can tap or click the arrow or send. 

It will let you know if you have an error in any of  the fields. 

I tested it by sending myself a link to my email and it worked out well. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, jayrtom said:

Yes, at first I didn't use this feature.... Still it only is available the "Assemblies" event but there are 2 assemblies at the same time on JW Stream

It isn't available to specify which one?

I don't know of a way to isolate or specify just one of the Assemblies in the invitation. One option is for you to download the assembly and send your own link, but it is easier just to use JW-Stream the way brothers have set it up.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Hi

I'm trying to find a away to share a link to a specific file on JW Stram (Circuit Assembly in this case), but when I copy the link to each session it will ask for the login information

If I send the link to the page where all the files are visible it doesn't ask the login information

Any one know how to share the JW stream for a specific event and not all the events available?

Thanks

As several have described, there is a series of steps necessary.  I have included 9 screen shots to help

Each Assemble is broken down into a Morning and an Afternoon session. So you will have to duplicate these steps twice (once for each Assemble session).

In the example, I have blacked out some of my email (to meet the forum requirements).

I am sorry, the pictures are out of order.  The first time just one was out. then it was the last three came first and now they are all mixed up.  IO did number them in sequence so maybe you can figure it out.

pic7.png

pic9.png

pic2.png

pic1.png

pic8.png

pic6.png

pic5.png

pic4.png

pic3.png

Edited by jwhess

12 hours ago, jwhess said:

As several have described, there is a series of steps necessary.  I have included 9 screen shots to help

Thanks John, for your detailed explanation!

Unfortunately it's not possible to isolate one specific program out of the type of programs

This is true Bro Joao. 

I would just hope and trust that the one who the email was intended for could select the proper meeting to download. 

And maybe include in the invitation email an offer to assist if they have any problems with getting the right program could help. 

10 minutes ago, AH173 said:

This is true Bro Joao. 

I would just hope and trust that the one who the email was intended for could select the proper meeting to download. 

And maybe include in the invitation email an offer to assist if they have any problems with getting the right program could help. 

Yes, that's what I'll do

The worst it can happen is that they see both assemblies :)

3 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Thanks John, for your detailed explanation!

Unfortunately it's not possible to isolate one specific program out of the type of programs

I am not sure I understand the problem.  I just used the sample invitation to invite myself (as the designated publisher) to just one morning session out of two sessions of just one assemble out of two assemblies.  I can't get just one talk out of the morning as an invitation.

3 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I am not sure I understand the problem.  I just used the sample invitation to invite myself (as the designated publisher) to just one morning session out of two sessions of just one assemble out of two assemblies.  I can't get just one talk out of the morning as an invitation.

I can't understand how you did that :D

On your picture #4 step 3 you have the option to select the program. There is only "Assemblies", how do you chose the morning session?

On picture #1 you mention to copy the specific name of a session, but all I can do with it is fill the tile of the invitation, as in your picture #5, step 1

I'm confused how you did that

2 hours ago, jayrtom said:

I can't understand how you did that :D

On your picture #4 step 3 you have the option to select the program. There is only "Assemblies", how do you chose the morning session?

On picture #1 you mention to copy the specific name of a session, but all I can do with it is fill the tile of the invitation, as in your picture #5, step 1

I'm confused how you did that

When I log into JW Stream, this is the page thatg opens up to me.  I don't do anything to it, it just appears this way.  make sure you are on the "PRORAMS" selection tab at the top.  That is my first picture below.  If I click on the arrow next to the assembly session selection, it just gives me a choice of download or play., (second picture).

jw1.JPG

jw2.JPG

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

If I click on the arrow next to the assembly session selection, it just gives me a choice of download or play., (second picture).

Yes, that's what happens to me to. But when sending invites you can only send it for the "Assemblies" Program. When the person receives the email and click the button to open it, it goes to the jwstream programs page containing all the assemblies, and respective morning and afternoon parts

I got the idea from your last +pst that you could send an invite so that the publisher could open directly on the specific assembly

5 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Yes, that's what happens to me to. But when sending invites you can only send it for the "Assemblies" Program. When the person receives the email and click the button to open it, it goes to the jwstream programs page containing all the assemblies, and respective morning and afternoon parts

I got the idea from your last +pst that you could send an invite so that the publisher could open directly on the specific assembly

If you can see the names of the various parts or programs in the PROGRAM tab, fin the on you want to invite.  I just highlitgt the entire name with a "right click" (or you could just write down the entire line as given).  Then go to INITATION tab and open it up.  Click on the PLUS key (+) and the form should open like in picture 1 below.  Fill out the form (especially the exact name of the assembly  session you want).  That is the important step one.  You have to fill in the program name or description.  The step 2 is fill in the form with the personal name and the personal email address of the recipient.  Be sure to click ADD.    

Then step 3 is to open the choices at the right hand side of the form.  Choose "assemblies" and then right below that choose English. Be sure to click ADD 

After that it should show your selections below each blank in the form and have them marked with a red "X".   Be sure to choose the ARROW at the top of the form to "SEND".

inv1.JPG

inv2.JPG

Hilighted and copied the specific session name

image.png.072516848966a09e2018bf28600221cf.png

Pasted that on the invitation title. Added a recipient and added the program and language...

image.thumb.png.676503dc71cd158fd3d5f41e1f4c1835.png

Still on the box on the inferior right there is just the name "Assemblies" which relates to all 4 sessions of the 2 assemblies....

image.png.a9073b9f8d2dac0830e537290fb8f32b.png

Show me an image where, after your step 3 you have a different thing than just "assemblies"

Or when you click on the link of the invitation you get a different thing than the 4 sessions...

Or just let it be John... I can't do it :)

10 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Hilighted and copied the specific session name

Pasted that on the invitation title. Added a recipient and added the program and language...

Still on the box on the inferior right there is just the name "Assemblies" which relates to all 4 sessions of the 2 assemblies....

Show me an image where, after your step 3 you have a different thing than just "assemblies"

Or when you click on the link of the invitation you get a different thing than the 4 sessions...

Or just let it be John... I can't do it :)

As requested here are the views.

inv1.JPG.6a30acf22ba10bde83ae0b617a06ef7f.JPG

inv2.JPG

inv3.JPG

inv4.JPG

@jwhess Thanks for your explanations and images but I think we're in the middle of a consfusion here :)

All you're showing is what I do also. BUT that only sends an invitation to the overall category "Assemblies". The recipiente, when receiving the invitation, goes to a page where all the sessions with that category appear.

The all question was how to send an invitation to just a specific session of that category, namely, for the circuit assembly with branch representative, only

On your previous posts you let the idea that you could do that but your images and steps only show what I already do... Sending an invitation to the wole Assemblies category

7 hours ago, jayrtom said:

@jwhess Thanks for your explanations and images but I think we're in the middle of a consfusion here :)

All you're showing is what I do also. BUT that only sends an invitation to the overall category "Assemblies". The recipiente, when receiving the invitation, goes to a page where all the sessions with that category appear.

The all question was how to send an invitation to just a specific session of that category, namely, for the circuit assembly with branch representative, only

On your previous posts you let the idea that you could do that but your images and steps only show what I already do... Sending an invitation to the wole Assemblies category

My apologies to you brother.  I misunderstood the entire request.  You were looking for the results of the invitation being sent and what they (the recipient) would see. The instructions for using the invitation have steps that include sorting out which part of the invitation you want to view as an attendee.

If you only want one part to be sent (with no choice to be made) you can choose the PROGRAMS button, and select DOWNLOAD for just the one part you desire to view.  Then give that downloaded single section to your friend.  You could give it to them by means of burning it to a CD/DVD, putting the video file on a USB flash drive and so on.  Or (my favorite) loading the file into one of my cloud storage locations (like Box, DropBox, OneDrive or similar). and then sending the share link to the friend to open and play just like an invitation.  This way, just the linked file will play, not the whole assembly.

I am sorry I misunderstood your inquiry.

help.JPG

Edited by jwhess