JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Diets (advice)

Hi BRO. Hope you going ok.

When I was pregnant I had the gestational diabetes. and now I have to be careful to watch my sugars and blood pressure etc.

one advice to control is to have four smaller meals a day , I tried that I did help and i didn't have to take injections

another was some type of exercise whatever you enjoy do it. for me I like the gym and anything to with the ocean.

I hate cereals they don't feel you up. I find having a smoothie in the morning is a great start to the day.

get some powder diet shakes add it to some cold milk or soy milk and some fruit like banana or some frozen berries whizz it up

then I say to my kids I don't know what the cost of living is like where you are

but here fruit and veges are the same as junk food. so I'd rather buy the fruits and vegies and My kids have been hard to deal with

some foods. but i will by enough fruit I think for the week and come wednesday its mostly all gone.

you can trick your mind too. get it to do things like some people don't like healthy foods or vegies but maybe you can hide in some sauce but keep the salt and the sugars low. I also find having yogurt is a great handee healthy snack,

If you like gravies swap your sauces for a stocked based flavored sauce instead of flour and butters.

I have found cause I always struggle with weight myself. If you cut out on to much bread and the flours and butters and oils

swap jams too for ones made with the natural juice not the sugary ones It does help. I like a french brand of Jam its a dalfour.

and they are more fruity than the others and not to sweet.

I have also found when you have the urge for something sweet have a flavored coffee or herbal flavored tea.

and also cut done your meat intake swap it for more lentily stuff these work for myself. hope some might help you. Agape`

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Gaby wise mind.

Im dietitian was on about that last week. I am getting weighed tomorrow at the doctors,

I deffo dont like soyo milk, i have tried it. Horrible stuff. I take the half fat milk. I bought a steamer for my Vegetables,

they taste different, A lot better.

Never heard of powered diet shakes, dont get them hear in good old Belfast.

Will a Burger king shake do?

Some good ideas to work on.

Don't you just hate people who have the metabolism of a ferret on caffine? :popcorn: I have a DIL who is like that...30 years old, three kids....and the flattest stomach around. Eats anything and everything....all healthy foods, but lots of it. I hate to travel with them cause their days are planned around which new foods they're gonna try next. A Pox On Her!! :tongue: And my mother was like that too. Unfortunately, the skinny gene skipped right past me....

The cheat day totally works, provided you don't go completely beserk. So you are craving something during the week...just think, "I won't have that right now, but I CAN have it on Saturday!" YAY! And when Saturday comes, if you still want it, eat it! That way it's not like you are feeling like you can never ever again have X food, you'll just have it a little later! Also, for me eating a big breakfast is not the thing to do. I drink coffee, then have a light meal about 10 or 11...and it's usually not typical breakfast foods. Leftovers or regular food does better. I'm not hungry again until late afternoon and I eat another light meal. In the evening, I have a drink and a light snack. In between, I may snack on raisins or fruit or crackers. And I have to have some protein...a few pieces of really good cheese or nuts. And I LOVE tuna and crackers.

Beware of processed foods and fast foods and some of the sugar substitutes. The chemicals in them really mess you up if you are trying to diet (MSG is really bad). You know, it's when you go chow down a huge McD burger and fries and are completely stuffed....but not really SATISFIED. An hour later you're wanting "just a little something else"...or at least that's the way it is for me. But I can eat the same type of food (i.e. burger/potatoes) that I make from scratch...and I'm stuffed AND satisfied for the rest of the day.

Many thanks.

I like the sound of chair exercises.

:laugh:

Remember that

the handle in your recliner does not qualify for exercise machine
:laugh:

:crying:

Oh, please, do not cry!

I didn't mean to offend you, I'm laughing about myself not about you. I too have similar problems and like the sound of the "chair exercises".

Do not take my words personally, this is me who must cry not you.

Sorry again.:cry:

Ron,

As far as diets go, there are tons out there and it seems as though there is one that will work for everyone. The problem is who wants to try all of the different ones to find the right one? Here are a few suggestions that I have heard work well in addition to the ones already mentioned

1) Look into doing full body cleanse. With some of the bad foods we like to eat, builds up various toxins in our system, because our poor bodies just aren't meant to process some of the chemicals in some of the foods which causes weight gain or makes loss harder.

2)Eat a medium to high amount of protein..... I personallly don't like a ton of meat, so I resort to things like chia or hemp seeds

3) Eat a ton and I mean ton of veggies. You can literally eat them all day long. Most veggies are acceptable but limit starchy ones like carrots, potatoes and corn.

4) As mentioned earlier Limit processed foods to bare minimum. Cheat days only

5) Limit breads, pasta, grains, cereal and other grainy foods to cheat days. By doing this you will in a sense be doing what is called cycling switching around what you eat. There is more to diet cycling you can look up if you like.

6) Look into alkaline diet. That helps regulate body PH levels for optimim performance.

7) Most important as mentioned earlier is drink water. The latest recommendation Ive seen is half of your body weight in water. It's hard but it will help keep you full

That all I have. I hope you continue successful on your Journey and I hope some of these suggestions work

eat 6 small meals a day,

eat loads of proteins i,e fish and eggs.

dont skip meals.

Try and eat something spicy as well. this kicks your metabolisim,

dont eat to late. have your last meal no later than 6.30. the later you eat the harder your body has to work to store the calories and nutrients in its required places.

sleep around 7hrs a night. believe it or not, those that miss out on their allocated sleep time for their body put weight on.

mix and match, not one diet is good for another person. its all to do with your biochemistry and activity levels. if you are sedentry than your diet should differ to those that lead a more active lifestyle.

breakfast try and have a healthy and sustaining (slow burning so you dont get hungry quicker) so maybe museli, low fat yoghurt, and some fruit. if you are going to have juice, squeeze it yourself. otherwise water is better

morning tea try a handful of nuts or a trail mix (nuts, seeds and dry fruits) and only around 60grams.

lunch a salad with loads of different things in it. cucumber, lettuce, toms, capsicum..anything really salady. dont use dressings. oil based and it makes it harder to burn. if you want a dressing, try vinegar and lemon. (lemon will also help absorbing some of the nutrients found in these foods)

afternoon tea: piece of fruit or some more trail mix or some wholegrain crackers with tomato and cheese.

dinner: lean cut meat, steamed veges.

after dinner: fruit and ice cream or custard or some fruit on its own.

if you are going to have rice go for BROWN RICE. if you are having wheats go for wholegrains. as these arent as processed and are in more of the natural state and its easier for your body to break down.

dont stop all the "bad" foods. coz as soon as you do...your body will start attacking the good foods and seeing them as a threat.

these are all ideas only.

things high in sugar are transferred into fats because your body cannot handle high dosages of sugar be it glucose, fruictose, lactose etc.

sometimes eating your veges (broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas) are better raw, but sometimes cooking these can release more nutrients.

hope your journey continues well.

hang something to show you of where you want to go. a piece of clothing you want to reach. a visual reminder is always an incentive.

Hi Shari.

Sorry, i missed your post.

A sister in our hall has C.F.S. or chronic fatigue syndrome.

It started off with flu like symptoms, and gradually over time, things became really difficult for her.

There were days when she could not get out of bed it was so severe.

She is really struggling.

I would go to your G.P and get some tests done.

Im sure there is nothing wrong, but better being safe than sorry.

last year My Dietician told me to do lot of waling, at least walk 2 miles everyday to get rid of lot of problems. I was very happy and after bidding "goodbye" to my wife I started walking everyday, sometimes at least 2 miles After one month I reached 200 miles away. Then I phoned the doctor and asked whether I can come back.....

so now I am with my wife. Thanks the doctor timely advised to come back. :D

many thanks verity mai.

You have giving me some good things to think about.

I was out on the minsstry doing some return calls this morning and it was all up hill.

So i got a lot of exercise in there.

I guess if i am being honest exercise is my downfall. I HATE IT.

I like your ideas though as they are different and sound delicious too.

I eat a lot of fruit during the day and have porridge most days for breakfast.

I bought a steamer for my veggies, as i was boiling them way to much.

once again thanks.

I have pasted your post onto my blog and will ponder over it more.