JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

End of an Era: [emoji112] Goodbye Boeing 747 [emoji574]

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 507 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Boeing's iconic 747 will leave the assembly line for the last time this year. See one of last jumbo jets the planemaker will ever build.

By the end of 2022, the last three 747 aircraft to ever be produced will roll out of Boeing's factory in Everett, Washington.

All three planes, which are 747-8 freighters, are scheduled to go to US cargo carrier Atlas Air. The deliveries will mark the end of an era and a close to one of the most incredible aviation programs in history.

Read more:

https://www.businessinsider.com/see-one-last-boeing-747-jets-built-everett-factory-tour-2022-6

ByeJumbo.png

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

That is so sad. Excuse me while I cry over this for a bit. I'm a «flight fan» for the longest time, and I've always been amazed whenever I saw a 747, either at the airport, or in the air. To me it's a beautiful sight. (Of course, not as beautiful as a robin, which causes a lot less damage if it crashes...) I remember the first time I saw one on the ground at Pearson International Airport in Toronto, and thought, "Nah. It's too big. It'll never get off the ground!" I never flew in one, but I'll miss them.

TOROGAGM.thumb.JPG.a70fa051d77205d9b2f48ad5f8385039.JPG

I used to fly on the "Queen" many times. 

It's a bit noisy plane, but hey... safety over noise right? :whistling:

Somehow I felt more secure with 4 engine planes. 

I don't like how industry is switching to 2 engine and smaller bodies planes (feels less secure) 

But, that's just me. 

Landing Taking Off GIF

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

I used to fly on the "Queen" many times. 

It's a bit noisy plane, but hey... safety over noise right? :whistling:

Somehow I felt more secure with 4 engine planes. 

I don't like how industry is switching to 2 engine and smaller bodies planes (feels less secure) 

But, that's just me. 

Landing Taking Off GIF

I wonder what is worse? Being in this plane or OD on chocolate?

• 3 months later...