JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Examining The Scriptures 2023

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 579 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 10/3/2022 at 10:43 PM, YACO said:

Examining The Scriptures 2023....Available

Thank you brother Yeyo.

Did you notice …

We will cover these Bible Books in the 2023 Bible Reading Schedule:
1 Chronicles (Awaiting new Introduction Video)

2 Chronicles (Awaiting new Introduction Video)

Ezra

Nehemiah

Esther

Job (to chapter 31)

We will complete the Bible set of “Introduction to” videos

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

5 hours ago, Chris7 said:

Thank you brother Yeyo.

Did you notice …

Ezra

Nehemiah

Esther

Job (to chapter 31)

Unfortunately, we do not have the videos of all of these "Intro" videos in our Bible.,  We only go up to Joshua.  I look forward to being able to have these in the digital edition soon. 

josh1.JPG

Judg1.JPG

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Unfortunately, we do not have the videos of all of these "Intro" videos in our Bible.,  We only go up to Joshua.  I look forward to being able to have these in the digital edition soon. 

True, but we do have 64 of the 66 “Introduction to” the Bible Book of…videos

These are in available under Library > Videos > The Bible.

Perhaps our digital Study Bible will be updated in February or March 2023 when the complete 66 are available.

Who knows, we may also get a substantial number of study notes added next year to complete the Christian Greek Scriptures.

This will assist us in Examining The Scriptures Daily (and keep to topic).

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

38 minutes ago, Chris7 said:

Who knows, we may also get a substantial number of study notes added next year to complete the Christian Greek Scriptures.

Hope so too. I believe the The Good News According to Jesus project will help the GB to understand the gospels at a much deeper level. Which could mean a lot of new study notes, if research notes from this project is added to the study Bible.

On 10/11/2022 at 12:21 AM, Chris7 said:

Thank you brother Yeyo.

Did you notice …

Ezra

Nehemiah

Esther

Job (to chapter 31)

The think I like is that we are taking it slow. We are getting more out of the Bible reading , we are learning more.

In 2016 we went from 2 Chron 29 to Isa 23. In 2023 We are going from 2 Kings 22 to Job 31. For 2018 the brothers decided to take it slow, in that year we went from Matt 1 to Acts 20. Back in 2013 We Went from Matt 1 to Rev 22. Since 2018 we are only doing 2 or 3 Chapters a week, prior to that we were dong 5 or more chapters a week. 

Edited by Luigi62

On 10/11/2022 at 12:21 AM, Chris7 said:

On the week of June 26 2023 will we watch the introduction video to EZRA at the hall? Will we watch the intro videos at the hall ever again after the week of march 20 2023?

Edited by Luigi62

2 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

On the week of June 26 2023 will we watch the introduction video to EZRA at the hall? Will we watch the intro videos at the hall ever again after the week of march 20 2023?

I can’t be sure of course, but I have a feeling that, yes, we will watch them. Interestingly, the S-38 document specifically has the following direction:

*** S-38 pp. 1-2 par. 3 Instructions for Our Christian Life and Ministry Meeting ***
3. Talk: Ten minutes. The theme and an outline of two or three main points are provided in the Life and Ministry Meeting Workbook. This talk is to be assigned to an elder or a qualified ministerial servant. When a new Bible book is scheduled in the weekly Bible reading, a video will be played to introduce it. The speaker may draw parallels between the video and the theme. However, he should be certain to cover the points outlined in the workbook. Also, as time allows, he should utilize the accompanying artwork, which is designed to complement the material to be covered. He may include other reference material as long as it contributes to the development of the points in the outline.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1201038&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=33

So unless the above line is changed, I think it’s safe to assume we will continue using these videos in our meetings.

Now what I wonder is if some of these older introductory videos will be updated or be revised. For example, the Ezra video only has two “main points” illustrated on the video thumbnail, rather than three points which have been the case in all other videos.

Edited by Hinata

we started these videos in the first meeting in January of 2018. Just think of all of those who came into God's organization in the last few years since we started these videos.  And young ones who went from toddlers to school age and so on.  It will all be new to them. A half-million or a million, it has been 5 years?

2 hours ago, jscotchie said:

Actually I believe it was January 2016—almost seven years! 

“Jehovah Keeps His Promises”: (10 min.) [Play the video entitled Introduction to Ezra.] (from the January 2016 Meeting Workbook)

Thank you.  I forgot we started with Ezra in January 2016.  Matthew was in January 2018.  My fault.

So at the end of this year and beginning of next year 2023, it will be 7 years since we started the intro videos.  The new ones might be 1 1/2 million...❤️

Thanks again.