JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

how many make lunches for their hubbies

ok I'M CURRIOUS, maybe a little old fashioned.

I've been making lunches for my dear to take to work since we been going out,

he complains many times even though they are gourmet style most the time. and I'm pushed

for time getting kids sorted for school. I make em out of love, and already make kids so what's

a few more.

so he complained again. how many vote to say i should stop. please

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

For years I made hubby lunch every a.m. many times he wouldn't stop to eat and I would get irritated with it but continued. He'd tell I didn't have to but still I did. then, almost 3 years ago, our son was born. I was just to tired to get up and do it or stay up later and I feel bad for it. I still do from time to time and really need to get back in the habit. What he does himself is never healthy. :) What does your hubby complain about? Maybe ask him what he wants in his lunches, have him make a list and just stick to those things????

My husbands on a "diet" so I just make sure there is enough left over from dinner (some sort of grilled or baked meat and grilled or. Steamed veggie) and then that's what he packs for,his lunch the next day. I did buy him a little monogrammed lunch tote to show my support for his diet and bringing lunch to work and he laughed at me. We have two toddlers so he in no way expects me to pack him a lunch and used to prefer to eat out so it was never an issue. Hence the diet, eating out all the time paid its toll on him. Haha!

For years I made hubby lunch every a.m. many times he wouldn't stop to eat and I would get irritated with it but continued. He'd tell I didn't have to but still I did. then, almost 3 years ago, our son was born. I was just to tired to get up and do it or stay up later and I feel bad for it. I still do from time to time and really need to get back in the habit. What he does himself is never healthy. :) What does your hubby complain about? Maybe ask him what he wants in his lunches, have him make a list and just stick to those things????

they are a little like Italian flavors. the meats and salads with a mayo or mustard or a harrissa i make

maybe on bread roll. depends on how much i can spend each week. then its maybe peanut butter or slice cheese some weeks are like that . he works for himself and we get paid monthly so it depends each week too.

but 99% of the time i will make them nice. most the time its eight a day then he gets hungary so he will have to go to the shop.

or i will make it and take it to him if he is close buy. with a coffee. but he likes to fuss.

I have found he has not eaten. he says he forgot or not hungry. or whatever excuse. after I give him what he wants and my effort wasted...

It makes my life hard most of the time.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

My wife used to fix me a breakfast sandwich,etc. when I used to go to work 4-6am. One morning I opened my sandwich & 'Nothing' was between the breads. I got the hint...I think it Was too early for her. Now she sets the coffeemaker the night before. But I usually wait until she's up to make breakfast; as I no longer have to leave for work.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's lack of appreciation for your meals. If it were me, I would probably give up and not make anything, but I guess that's not the right thing to do. But if your husband doesn't want to eat the nice meals you made he's just being bad, or neglectful. Maybe he really does forget. You can say, "I feel that all my hard work and money are wasted when you don't eat the food I prepare for you." I guess that is all you can do, let him know how you feel.

As for me, this is a good, and hard, question. My dad always ate cereal and my mom made him a sandwich for lunch. Or he ate at the school cafeteria. I have the same eating habits, cereal and a sandwich, snacks and dinner.

But I married a Mexican brother, who is very flexible and patient with me and my lack of culinary interest, but I always feel bad that I don't get up at 6am and make some tacos to send to work with him. I have done it but it is really hard to keep up with. So he eats "almuerzo" or brunch at the school he works at and I try (yes, try) to have the main meal ready at 3 when he gets home. But then he is hungry again by 7pm. Many mexicans eat cereal at night, or quesadillas but he usually wants something stronger. So it's a constant battle, because after eating the main meal at 3pm I don't want to make or eat another main meal, or even another meal. I feel like that was dinner and that's it!

But I'm working on it, it was one of the recent points in the Theocratic Ministry School taken from the Reasoning book under Marriage:

What can help to improve a marriage?

(5) Being industrious and dependable in caring for the family’s dwelling place and clothing, also in preparing wholesome meals.—Titus 2:4, 5; Prov. 31:10-31.

So today I made lentils. :drool:

I make his lunches some times. Often in the cooler months, I will make things in the slow cooker like Chili or something else. I put the food in several small containers, that way each day he can take one out for lunch.

I don't have time to do it every day.

What's interesting is when I do make him food, the guys he works with always tell him how nice it is of me to go out of my way to make him food. They all say their wives never do that.

I do make breakfast for him on Saturday before our meeting and Sunday before field service. He works about 50 hrs a week, and this is my little way of showing him I appreciate all he does for me and the kids.

I don't know whether I am allowed this in this post..........

as a husband, I too prepare lunch and meals whenever my wife is out in the field

and I am at home due to some congregation work....

:D

Agape

It is always best I not cook.

Deaf hubby in back garden can hear the smoke detector going off and his first thought is not for my safety. . . he asks ' dinner ready now dear' :raspberry:

I do make the best scrambled eggs or Benedict though. . that's when he stands back and lets me do my thing. :eat:

I don't often make my husband lunch because he's fussy, he's made it more often for me because I could care less what's in it, so long as there is food. He's also like some of your husbands, too busy to stop for lunch.

There have been times though when I've hopped in the truck, and brought him lunch from one of his favorite coffee shops (Tim Horton's) and have also bought coffee for some of his work mates because they were envious that I had brought him a coffee.

They're about 10-15 mins away and only get a half hour lunch because they work from 7-3 p.m. My husband has been a real peach lately though (I say this sarcastically) and so he hasn't been getting such attention. I know all about not feeling appreciated.

If it were my situation, I wouldn't keep doing it. I would do other things, like bake stuff that he can access when he's hungry or in want of a snack.. (he was surprised by rice krispie squares and he was like a little kid, I had to hide them so he wouldn't eat them all LOL)

Sadly yesterday I attempted to make peanut butter cookies and something went horribly wrong, they all managed to flow into one another and form one huge cookie......yeah, some days are better for cooking than others. I was rushing trying to do several other things and I forgot an ingredient. He's been laughing at them since.......I say :bringiton:

My daddy was a factory worker who took his lunch every day for 40 years (in the typical metal lunchbox with the thermos). Mama packed his lunch. His preference was a thermos of coffee, a piece of bologna with white bread and a can of pork & beans. Can opener was in the lunchbox and he ate the beans straight out of the can. Mama would try to give him other things like pork chop or egg sandwiches or soups...and he'd complain. All he wanted was bologna and beans! Such an easy guy to please! :heart: