JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WT Study edition June 2023

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 419 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It was nice to see the life story article about Reino Kesk in that issue. It's not the first time I've mentioned this on the forums, but I met him back in the mid 1970s when I was studying. From the timing he mentions in the article, it looks like he may have been just starting in the circuit work at that time. I was living near Toronto in those days, and the brother who was studying with me brought Brother Kesk with him to my study, since he and I both have a background in radio broadcasting. Of course, we 'talled shop' for a good part of the time, since we had that in common. Then, many years after that, I began working in the same radio station where he had worked in Oshawa, Ontario! And then, many years after that, when I was in Montreal, he was our District Overseer for a time! By then, he didn't even recognize me anymore. But he was happy I had progressed since that one time we had met.

Clarification on the previous post: I guess I should have read the article before posting about it. I had only seen the photo and it's caption when I wrote about it.  It looks like he wasn't in the circuit work yet when I first met him. I started studying in the spring of 1974, so it may have been later the same year, or maybe early 1975, that I met him.

There, is that better?

I remember when Reino and Lesli served Vancouver (BC) as well, around the mid-80‘s. I was a young girl studying. But I remember my first meetings listening to one of his talks. He talked about when walking down a path, you might see an obstacle, but before you trip and stumble over it, you avoid it or go around to avoid it. He really emphasized the part of avoiding stumbling beforehand. I‘ll never forget the illustration. Their younger picture brings back to mind them sitting at the KH. She often laughed and was a delightful sister. He was charismatic while giving talks. I learned a lot from them. 

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

Great article for elders! To imitate Gideon

This istucked in my mind:

During the great tribulation, elders will need courage to obey instructions they will receive—regardless of the dangers involved. The instructions may relate to delivering a symbolic hailstone message and to surviving the attack of Gog of Magog.

I drove to the local park and read the article keep ready for Jehovah’s day. I really enjoyed it. There were so many gems and new things I learned, including things I didn’t notice in 1 Thessalonians chapter 5 😊

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 3/23/2023 at 2:39 AM, jayrtom said:

Great article for elders! To imitate Gideon

This istucked in my mind:

I also enjoyed this article.  Especially the part of elders reaction to criticism.  Many take criticism personally and if it comes from a sister they see it as an overstepping of headship.