JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

We created a new announcement in the info board section. For some reason all previous (older) announcements in NWP also received the star symbol (new/updated).

Screenshot_20230708_082213.thumb.jpg.15aebe42b6720f6e3e7f146ae8a613a4.jpg

Updated a congregation event which should've triggered the star symbol, but it did not. NWS/NWP both on the most current build.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

The title of this thread includes the word "Suggestions." Who is considering these "suggestions"?  

I think it is referring to those who work on or publish the app.  You are probably getting through to the.

Since May 5, your posts have accounted for more than 1/3 of all 200+ posts generated.  just an observation.

10 hours ago, jwhess said:

I think it is referring to those who work on or publish the app.  You are probably getting through to the.

I was just wondering if the developers watch this thread or if I need to send suggestions directly to them. Was it a waste of time for me to post here my observation of the different date format for the CO visit? 

Since May 5, your posts have accounted for more than 1/3 of all 200+ posts generated.  just an observation.

Not a problem. I will stop.

On 7/7/2023 at 12:47 AM, computerwiz said:

Report it to them. Nothing more we can do. 

Hi, all.

After installing build #1290 in the PC version, teh publisher was able to connect with a 8-digit code.

All that was needed was patience (on my end) and skilled work on the other. Almost nothing 😁

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

I was just wondering if the developers watch this thread or if I need to send suggestions directly to them. Was it a waste of time for me to post here my observation of the different date format for the CO visit? 

I believe it was mentioned earlier that there is a developer here, but not sure if they watch this thread or how active they are.

I would recommend sending your observations to them, because even if they are here, I am sure they prefer to get their suggestions/bug reports on their site, because there you have to go through a process & are forced to include important details that are lacking here.  It would be better organized too.

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Not a problem. I will stop.

Keep on posting, someone has to ask the questions.  My apps work OK for me.

Is there an easy way to email a cancellation message like there is in the other program? Needed to send a cancelation notice to a talk coordinator of a different congregation & thought I could generate one easily from within the "public talks" section.

On 7/10/2023 at 8:13 AM, dvdgarofalo said:

Because its a date range instead of a single day event. I'm sure they will pick it up in a bug fix in the future. 

I know its a date range but the month should still be displayed first for consistency. October 17-22, 2023. I guess I shouldn't have asked "why" here because only the developers know why.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

I know its a date range but the month should still be displayed first for consistency. October 17-22, 2023. I guess I shouldn't have asked "why" here because only the developers know why.

As a developer myself, something like that is super easy to miss.  Probably just an oversight that needs to be reported.

15 hours ago, JoshD said:

Is there an easy way to email a cancellation message like there is in the other program? Needed to send a cancelation notice to a talk coordinator of a different congregation & thought I could generate one easily from within the "public talks" section.

Not sure, but you can always build your own template if one doesn't exist.

Is there a way to print the Life and Christian Ministry Chairman's Schedule from NWS? The one that has all the sequential times for comments, talks and parts? I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. 

Yes. Go to Printing > Save, Print & Email Reports > Chose Life and Ministry Meeting under Report > Chose Chairman Outline > Select the right Date > Select the Name Format you want > Chose the File Type you want (Document if you want to adjust some things afterwards.) Click Save and store the Report on your PC/Laptop. Then you are asked if you want to Open now. Click Yes. And Voilá. 

2 hours ago, JwSam said:

Is there a way to print the Life and Christian Ministry Chairman's Schedule from NWS? The one that has all the sequential times for comments, talks and parts? I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. 

If all you need is to see the sequential times, instead of printing, you can enable "Show CLM Timing on Schedule"  by going to NW Publiser app > App Features

image.thumb.png.ff68d1f048102c216a0ed7003eb19af9.png

With this option enabled you can view the sequential times in meetings program in NW Publisher 😁

Edited by luisenriquereyes

4 hours ago, molnarj said:

Yes. Go to Printing > Save, Print & Email Reports > Chose Life and Ministry Meeting under Report > Chose Chairman Outline > Select the right Date > Select the Name Format you want > Chose the File Type you want (Document if you want to adjust some things afterwards.) Click Save and store the Report on your PC/Laptop. Then you are asked if you want to Open now. Click Yes. And Voilá. 

This is very detailed, thank you! I am able to print the L&CM schedule, but it does not have the time, like 7:00 PM for example. It does have the minutes, but that's not what I need.

3 hours ago, luisenriquereyes said:

If all you need is to see the sequential times, instead of printing, you can enable "Show CLM Timing on Schedule"  by going to NW Publiser app > App Features

image.thumb.png.ff68d1f048102c216a0ed7003eb19af9.png

With this option enabled you can view the sequential times in meetings program in NW Publisher 😁

Yes Luis, thank you! I am able to view sequential times in the app now. Is there anyway to make a hard copy? I'm old and like the smell of ink. 

26 minutes ago, JwSam said:

Yes Luis, thank you! I am able to view sequential times in the app now. Is there anyway to make a hard copy? I'm old and like the smell of ink. 

Like @molnarj  mentioned in post above,  Go to Printing > Save, Print & Email Reports > Chose Life and Ministry Meeting under Report > Chose Chairman Outline > Select the right Date > Select the Name Format you want > Chose the File Type you want (Document if you want to adjust some things afterwards.) Click Save and store the Report on your PC/Laptop. Then you are asked if you want to Open now. Click Yes. And Voilá 😁

7 minutes ago, JwSam said:

@molnarj and @luisenriquereyes I don't see the Life and Christian Ministry option under REPORTS. I went to NWS, then Printing tab. 🤷‍♂️

You don't see Life and Ministry Meeting  under Report?  🤔

image.thumb.png.6326004897903cd2ceaaa2c572e505f2.png

Edited by luisenriquereyes