JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

34 minutes ago, Skookum said:

Phantom Public Talk assigning (away speaker).

We have an odd situation in the public talk scheduling section. A brother's name, who is not checked as having any assignments suddenly appeared as an out going speaker several random weeks to one congregation. We are trying to determine how to remove and how this happened?

Holy spirit?

😁

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 8/27/2023 at 8:22 PM, Skookum said:

Phantom Public Talk assigning (away speaker).

We have an odd situation in the public talk scheduling section. A brother's name, who is not checked as having any assignments suddenly appeared as an out going speaker several random weeks to one congregation. We are trying to determine how to remove and how this happened?

The  brother who is in charge of maintaining the working status of this program contacted HELP . It was determined that when the csv KHS files were transferred something went awry (bug)?. The particular phantom was deleted and reinstalled. That took care of it so far.

Edited by Skookum

mispelled KHS

1 hour ago, molnarj said:

image.thumb.png.b95e014ca1448bb7a697bc41df12b4f6.png

I was looking for Away not Person Away. I don't see consistency even with this list. Sometimes Person is at the beginning and sometimes its not. I don't understand why it would say Persons Away Period when I am already looking at the Persons category. 

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

I was looking for Away not Person Away. I don't see consistency even with this list. Sometimes Person is at the beginning and sometimes its not. I don't understand why it would say Persons Away Period when I am already looking at the Persons category. 

You probably have a higher organizational level than whoever worked on that screen.

Software developers are not necessarily organized. I could run circles around one that had twice my experience because of how I organized my code snippets. This allowed me to focus on the design as opposed to just making it work... 

21 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

You probably have a higher organizational level than whoever worked on that screen.

Software developers are not necessarily organized. I could run circles around one that had twice my experience because of how I organized my code snippets. This allowed me to focus on the design as opposed to just making it work... 

and it is not like just one person writes apps.  They have to add their bit to the whole.

In the LDC we are reminded constantly that  "efficiency is not a fruit of the spirit but patience is"...❤️

Edited by jwhess

3 hours ago, jwhess said:

and it is not like just one person writes apps.  They have to add their bit to the whole.

In the LDC we are reminded constantly that  "efficiency is not a fruit of the spirit but patience is"...❤️

But Jehovah is a God of order.

Under My Tasks it mentions reviewing disaster preparedness with the body of elders and has a due date of Oct. 1. Is there any way to change that date? I feel this should be done just prior to the midweek meeting part in the Spring maybe around January or February. The branch doesn't give a specific date but just says annually. I would like to change it because I do appreciate the reminder.

On 9/6/2023 at 5:28 PM, Floyd said:

Under My Tasks it mentions reviewing disaster preparedness with the body of elders and has a due date of Oct. 1. Is there any way to change that date? I feel this should be done just prior to the midweek meeting part in the Spring maybe around January or February. The branch doesn't give a specific date but just says annually. I would like to change it because I do appreciate the reminder.

I don't have NW open at the moment, so I can't be more specific. But which user created this task for you? Usually the person who created the task can delete or edit it.

To be more sure, create a task for another user (if your user has the feature) and see if you can change it later.

20 hours ago, WestBro said:

I don't have NW open at the moment, so I can't be more specific. But which user created this task for you? Usually the person who created the task can delete or edit it.

To be more sure, create a task for another user (if your user has the feature) and see if you can change it later.

I get the same reminder under My Tasks as well. I believe it's automatically created by the program. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change that setting, at least to my knowledge. I do appreciate the reminder though, and it may be worth it to change when your body reviews your arrangements if you've got a lot of tasks on your plate and think you may end up forgetting about it. I know that's my situation. So if you would rather not consider doing it when the task asks you to do it, I would just check the box and then put a reminder in your phone to remind you to do it whenever you plan to do it sometime in the spring next year. 

Edited by Aja

On 9/8/2023 at 3:23 PM, Aja said:

and it may be worth it to change when your body reviews your arrangements

Well we think it's best to do near the time when the disaster preparedness part for the midweek meeting is scheduled. It makes sense to us. Why does the program have a due of October 1 and then reference the sfl book when sfl makes no reference to a specific date. 

At the very least I should be allowed to delete a task especially if it is complete. I don't need to see completed tasks after they are done.

Edited by Floyd

Go to Printing > Save, Print & Email Reports > Secretary > Congregation Publisher Records (S-21) > Select Period 2023 > Select Persons > Regular Pioneers > Select All. Then Save File Type as PDF. (Or other) 

Or:

Select Regular Pioneer Hours under Secretary and Select Period, Start March 2023 End August 2023.

Edited by molnarj

On 7/24/2023 at 11:08 PM, pgwenlan said:

I played with this on the weekend - my solution was to download the kml file from the branch showing the territory boundary and import into NW Scheduler.  It then displays as another map.  I put it in the 'no category' section, gave it the number 0, with a note 'Branch Boundary - no assignments'

Where exactly can the KML file be downloaded from the branch? As a MS, perhaps I do not have access to it? Not seeing where I could locate it from my Hub profile.

11 minutes ago, JoshD said:

Where exactly can the KML file be downloaded from the branch? As a MS, perhaps I do not have access to it? Not seeing where I could locate it from my Hub profile.

Hi Josh, on the login page under Congregation > Congregation information > on the next page select the menu (3 lines) at the top left.  Then Territory > download kml 

Screenshot_20230912_183235_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230912_183247_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230912_183255_Chrome~2.jpg

Edited by pgwenlan

Pics added

2 minutes ago, pgwenlan said:

Hi Josh, on the login page under Congregation > Congregation information > on the next page select the menu (3 lines) at the top left.  Then Territory > download kml 

Thank you Peter. Looks like I'm missing the "Congregation Information" link under the "Congregation" header?

JWHub_1.gif.1e6d041b072265b2da546229bb3cf8c5.gif

1 minute ago, JoshD said:

Thank you Peter. Looks like I'm missing the "Congregation Information" link under the "Congregation" header?

JWHub_1.gif.1e6d041b072265b2da546229bb3cf8c5.gif

Yes, you don't have that, so you'll need your Service Overseer or Secretary, or another elder to download it for you - assuming they say you're allowed to!

Just now, pgwenlan said:

Yes, you don't have that, so you'll need your Service Overseer or Secretary, or another elder to download it for you - assuming they say you're allowed to!

My service overseer is asking me to get it for him (I'm his assistant & territory servant). I'll let him know he'll have to retrieve it himself 😁👍🏽. Thank you again, much appreciated!

2 hours ago, pgwenlan said:

Screenshot_20230912_183235_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230912_183247_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230912_183255_Chrome~2.jpg

Thank You! I had found the territory once on JWHub but have struggled to get it again. You saved me from thinking I'm losing my mind 🤔😊

I have tried the push and pull with no result. Initially the program for the territory servant pulled the maps I had already started. Now when he creates a new map I don't see it and when I create a new map he does not see it. And we are not working on it at the same time.