JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

1 hour ago, Mike047 said:

Are all congregations in the US on NWP?

By no means!! Only about 1/3 of our circuit is using it. And half of them are newbies. In one nearby congregation, the elders looked at it, but decided against it: "too complicated." But I expect the pace of adoption  to increase now that it is more stable and has many more features.

It looks like it is very popular in larger cities like Atlanta, but not so much in smaller towns.

I had expected that the Public Speaker Sharing would be one of the most utilized features, but that is definitely not the case in my circuit. Nine congregations are on the list, but I don't think any talk coordinators have actually used it to schedule a talk. 

21 minutes ago, foghorn said:

I had expected that the Public Speaker Sharing would be one of the most utilized features, but that is definitely not the case in my circuit. Nine congregations are on the list, but I don't think any talk coordinators have actually used it to schedule a talk. 

There used to be lots and lots of bugs with that feature.  If they are veteran users of NWS, they might have been scarred by those bugs.  But things are much better now!

2 hours ago, Mike047 said:

Are all congregations in the US on NWP?

There is no direction to do so but the number of congregations using it seems to be increasing rapidly. I would say the majority of the congregations in our circuit are using it now. My only frustration is the public speaker sharing function doesn't seem to have taken hold/isn't utilized as much as I'd hoped it would thus far. 

Maybe a dumb question: I'm wrapping up time for the month and sent to the Branch just now. I marked as "submitted", but the bros/sis who told me they specifically did not participate in the ministry are still showing on the "My Tasks" screen as missing reports. It's the completionist in me but the "missing" reports (even though they aren't missing, but rather there is nothing to report) are going to drive me crazy. Will these go away after the 20th? Is there a way to make them go away sooner? Don't want to overcomplicate things but wish there was a "did not participate" button... :shrugs:

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

I usually put a zero in the hours of those that did not participate. Gets rid of those pesky reminders.

image.thumb.png.c7049468621d07d1102c774d2a3a22b9.png

I used to do it that way but for some reason it feels wrong to put something in the hours column anymore for anyone not pioneering. I'm almost certainly overthinking it but thought I'd ask. Thanks for the response. 

3 hours ago, Aja said:

I used to do it that way but for some reason it feels wrong to put something in the hours column anymore for anyone not pioneering. I'm almost certainly overthinking it but thought I'd ask. Thanks for the response. 

Just think that you are not "putting something in" the hours column...you are "putting nothing in" the hours column.  You've got to think ahead of the curve...❤️

12 hours ago, Aja said:

Maybe a dumb question: I'm wrapping up time for the month and sent to the Branch just now. I marked as "submitted", but the bros/sis who told me they specifically did not participate in the ministry are still showing on the "My Tasks" screen as missing reports. It's the completionist in me but the "missing" reports (even though they aren't missing, but rather there is nothing to report) are going to drive me crazy. Will these go away after the 20th? Is there a way to make them go away sooner? Don't want to overcomplicate things but wish there was a "did not participate" button... :shrugs:

You can also put anything in the comments and it will remove the reminder. You could simply put 0 or "No report."

Curious if anyone knows how to resolve this little issue. For only Jan-Feb the descriptions for 'Apply Yourself to the FS' do not show up on the printed schedule. It is fine in Mar-April as seen in the second pic. I am not sure if it is simply because the first import of the schedule didn't bring it in correctly. Any ideas on a resolution?

image.png.852ff86bed3f86b3ae36864bfc9edcd7.pngimage.png.569b53eb8795abfef10570fa7a61a324.png

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

For me NWS takes about 15 second to open and also about 15 seconds to close. Do I need a new computer? I don't have any other program that takes this long. The computer itself does a cold boot in only 10 seconds.

I think it depends more on your internet speed than your computer.  We have both a fast system & fast internet.  If all the other brothers put in their schedules, NWS has a lot to download.  And even with both things fast, it could take 5-8 seconds.

Territories are pretty HUGE.  If you have a brother working on that, it could significantly increase the time.  If I remember correctly, the computers at our KH were delayed to 15-20 seconds when I was working on the territories.  But once that's done, that part of the startup for NWS should go quickly.

3 hours ago, computerwiz said:

I think it depends more on your internet speed than your computer.  We have both a fast system & fast internet.  If all the other brothers put in their schedules, NWS has a lot to download.  And even with both things fast, it could take 5-8 seconds.

Someone once said, "Remember, it has to go up to space and back". 😄

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..