JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

59 minutes ago, Sarav B said:

would storing info. online (NWS) go against this data protection laws?

According to NWS on-line documents, the app is used in over 100 countries with varying data protection laws. The program's design is fully compliant with the Society's direction AND government protection laws. Here is a link that explains their Data Security protocol.: https://nwscheduler.com/jw-scheduler-security-and-privacy/

6 hours ago, Sarav B said:

Dear Carlos, I am not familiar with this app and that I wanted to understand little more about this: If we store the info. online is there any way others can misuse the data of publishers like their contact numbers etc., In SFL regarding disaster preparedness emergency contact details, it says: "Elders should comply with applicable data protection laws when collecting this information." So, would storing info. online (NWS) go against this data protection laws? Since I am not very familiar with this functionalities, I am not sure of this.  Thanks for your expert advice. 

I don't know what the EU laws are but I do know that the information is obfuscated so it cannot be read by others. To me its more trustworthy than using any of the online contacts services like Google or Apple. People have contact data for the congregation is those already.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

I don't know what the EU laws are but I do know that the information is obfuscated so it cannot be read by others. To me its more trustworthy than using any of the online contacts services like Google or Apple. People have contact data for the congregation is those already.

Thanks my brothers for educating me. Very much appreciate your prompt replies and sharing your knowledge. 😊

image.thumb.png.7650f2b9af888d32616447f380518b43.png

Is anyone aware of a way to make Meeting for service schedules repeat in perpetuity? Or a better way than copying each individual day and carrying it forward several weeks at a time? Trying to help out the SO and this seems arduous at best for a process that honestly doesn't change very often.

Edited by Aja

I just utilized my messed up post for another question I had

17 minutes ago, Aja said:

Or a better way than copying each individual day and carrying it forward several weeks at a time?

Have you tried using the template feature? It saves a full week, and you can use it to fill in another full week in about 5 seconds... will that help?

How are you brothers using the custom fields in the publisher information?

image.png.adde544d80a5a5303b28d35d23a4411f.png

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

I am only using 1 so far, for the "Reproved On" date...

Thanks. Would it be a good place to note Prison Witnessing, Harbor Witnessing, etc?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

44 minutes ago, Aja said:

Is anyone aware of a way to make Meeting for service schedules repeat in perpetuity? Or a better way than copying each individual day and carrying it forward several weeks at a time? Trying to help out the SO and this seems arduous at best for a process that honestly doesn't change very often.

I think the template is used for that. I think you create a schedule, save it as a template and then apply the template to the rest of the time period you are scheduling. 

17 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

We use them for the following:

1. Approved volunteer for the Circuit assemblies.

2. Not appointed brother.

3. Harbor witnessing

4. Alone in the truth 

5. Devided household

6. Key to the literaturestand storage.

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

I think the template is used for that. I think you create a schedule, save it as a template and then apply the template to the rest of the time period you are scheduling. 

I do the same thing to help the SO out. I have several templates, regular week, last week of the month (all FSGs meet together), Circuit assembly, and CO visit. It is quick that way if they are saved. If you make a change to the info on a template just resave the template name and it updates.

52 minutes ago, Aja said:

Not a way to make service schedules repeat that I'm aware of. What I've done is create a "monthly template". Makes it much easier than importing a daily or weekly schedule.

NWSFSCalendar.jpg.93be322a68069ef4c65f00a3d0bf793b.jpg

15 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

We also use the 'Custom' field for those approved for 'Public Witnessing' and SMPW. it makes it easy to create a list if needed. 

Does that information show up on any reports or only when you sort the publisher information?

11 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Not a way to make service schedules repeat that I'm aware of. What I've done is create a "monthly template". Makes it much easier than importing a daily or weekly schedule.

That is why I love this thread. 😁 Great tip I had no idea that 'monthly' was an option.

1 minute ago, Benjamin said:

Yes it can be sorted from the publisher list.

image.png.29fe4279039fcd0babd2f6f48dd122a5.png

Does it show up on any reports besides sorting the publisher list?

40 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Would one of these custom fields be better to keep track if the publisher has their DPA or Identity Card up to date?   We have been using the one and only custom field available under their Information tab as shown in the picture and have it labeled as "DPA or Identity Card up to date"

image.thumb.png.3aabf5400244a487d6f8f58478451a1d.png 

21 minutes ago, luisenriquereyes said:

We have been using the one and only custom field available under their Information tab as shown in the picture and have it labeled as "DPA or Identity Card up to date"

Thanks, thats a great idea too.

What I would like to see is the ability to create groups of people for the territory assignments. If I assign a territory to a brother, his wife should be able to see it too if we so choose. Maybe they don't work together all the time. Maybe one day he has to work secularly and she wants to work the territory with someone else. There is no way for her to mark up the territory.

Edited by Floyd

22 minutes ago, Floyd said:

What I would like to see is the ability to create groups of people for the territory assignments. If I assign a territory to a brother, his wife should be able to see it too if we so choose. Maybe they don't work together all the time. Maybe one day he has to work secularly and she wants to work the territory with someone else. There is no way for her to mark up the territory.

When it is assigned as Congregation Territory she is able to see it. 

Another option is to assign to a Field Service Group

image.png.c7a6e85e75f107e89eec7a47f12be2d4.png

Everyone in the group is able to see it. 

Edited by molnarj

On 1/13/2024 at 12:08 AM, foghorn said:

Hmmmm. One more thing to double-check: In NW Scheduler, look at the  NW Publisher App - App Devices list. Make sure your devices show your notifications turned ON. In the sample, the circled publishers have theirs turned OFF.

NWPNotif.JPG

Hi,

My input. According to the developers it's not adviced to have multiple instalations on diferent devices. Is this the case?

34 minutes ago, VERDE said:

According to the developers it's not adviced to have multiple instalations on diferent devices. Is this the case?

If you mean multiple installations of NW Publisher, I am not aware of any such recommendation from the developers. Most of our 100 connected publishers have NW Publisher on both their phone and their tablet. Each device uses the publisher's personal ID - this works very well.

If you mean multiple installations of NW Scheduler, this also works. A brother may have both a desktop and a laptop with NW Scheduler installed on each one. He can use either one (probably not at same time!) to do his work. 

49 minutes ago, foghorn said:

If you mean multiple installations of NW Publisher, I am not aware of any such recommendation from the developers. Most of our 100 connected publishers have NW Publisher on both their phone and their tablet. Each device uses the publisher's personal ID - this works very well.

If you mean multiple installations of NW Scheduler, this also works. A brother may have both a desktop and a laptop with NW Scheduler installed on each one. He can use either one (probably not at same time!) to do his work. 

I also have multiple instalations of NWS and I don't have any problem.

As for NWP I also know several brothers that have in both (phone and tablet) but the recomendation is only have in one. The affected functionality in the reminders.

The site in support says: "Note: We strongly recommend publishers only use 1 device. If they use multiple devices, data may not sync correctly and reminders will not work correctly."

in https://nwscheduler.com/jw-scheduler-publisher-edition-ios-android-app/#How_Publishers_Connect