JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

On 2/27/2024 at 2:13 PM, foghorn said:

What about the publishers contact info? And their emergency contacts? All of that info (names, addresses, phones, emails)  is populated for those who use the program fully.

I guess you need to delete your Google or Apple contacts as well. The same information is or can be stored there.

15 hours ago, Floyd said:

I guess you need to delete your Google or Apple contacts as well. The same information is or can be stored there.

I have told this story before: Some years ago the Spanish government passed a law that allows citizens to register a document with medical decisions in case they are unconscious: if you want to be artificially kept alive, if you want to donate your organs and the like. You can use that document to state you don't want blood transfusions in any case, and every doctor who is treating you will immediately receive that information with your medical history. In order to save time and effort, the branch registered as a batch all the documents of publishers who completed and signed it. That means the Spanish government already has the names, addresses, phone numbers and a declaration saying they are Jehovah's Witnesses for most publishers in Spain, provided by the branch itself. At the time this worried me a lot, but then I realized it doesn't really matter.

If the government or the police have access to our email and social media (and they surely do) then they already know perfectly well who is a Witness. Of course that doesn't mean we don't need to be careful, such as deleting all the info on NW Scheduler in case of persecution, but in the end they already have all the information anyway. When persecuted we will rely on Jehovah.

With the campaign work having started yesterday, what features would you like NWS add to the territory section? I'd like more campaign stats, up-to-date percentage completion, etc. Perhaps a report or ability to see how many total "homes" are available in our congregation's territory as well.

28 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

I couldn't check the campaign box for the territories before they were assigned.

I ran into the same issue - it would be helpful to pre-assign territories to be used during the campaign. Here is one way to do that:

1. Create a new entry in the "area" box. In the example, it is "MC-24" for Memorial Campaign 2024.

2. for each territory you want to include in the campaign, assign it to this 'area'.

3. Now you can now sort by the area, or even better: filter by the MC-24 area, showing you only Campaign territories

NWPCampaignSelect2.JPG

NWPCampaignSelect.JPG

NWP_CampaignTerr3.JPG

I talked with our new service overseer while I was training him how to use NWS with territories and we came up with a simple solution.  We're going to check completion dates, and all territories that got completed before the end of the campaign will be counted as campaign completions.

I am scheduled to conduct a meeting for service the morning of the Memorial. I noticed that it shows up in the NWP>Schedules>Field Service, but it does not show up in the NWP>Assignments. Does anyone else have the same issue?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Richard, are you sure you have the latest version of NW Publisher?

That used to be the usual behavior. There were no notifications for meetings for service nor public witnessing, and neither did they appear in Assignments. I suggested they included them and the next update of the app they did. That was like one or two months ago.

55 minutes ago, carlos said:

Richard, are you sure you have the latest version of NW Publisher?

That used to be the usual behavior. There were no notifications for meetings for service nor public witnessing, and neither did they appear in Assignments. I suggested they included them and the next update of the app they did. That was like one or two months ago.

I am using 3.4.5 #237. It appears to be the latest update. I am assigned to conduct a meeting for service on the 19th and that shows up in Assignments, but my assignment for the 24th doesn't show up. Do you think it's because the Memorial is on the 24th? Would that affect the Assignments?

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

This may be of no help but something I noticed recently. For some reason on the service assignments, it did not populate correctly, hence no assignment in the app. But if I changed it to a different brother pushed the assignment and then changed it back to the original and sent the data it would clear the issue.

Not sure why, syncing issue, etc, but that is my go-to move to resolve most issues like that.😀

15 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

This may be of no help but something I noticed recently. For some reason on the service assignments, it did not populate correctly, hence no assignment in the app. But if I changed it to a different brother pushed the assignment and then changed it back to the original and sent the data it would clear the issue.

Not sure why, syncing issue, etc, but that is my go-to move to resolve most issues like that.😀

Our COBE is one of the administrators and he changed my assignment to someone else, pushed it and it didn't show that brother in Assignments, then he switched it back to me, pushed it again and it still doesn't show me in Assignments. Since the Service Overseer made the original assignment, I'm waiting for him to do another sync and see what happens, but I honestly don't think it will change anything.

Edited by Tortuga

29 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Our COBE is one of the administrators and he changed my assignment to someone else, pushed it and it didn't show that brother in Assignments, then he switched it back to me, pushed it again and it still doesn't show me in Assignments. Since the Service Overseer made the original assignment, I'm waiting for him to do another sync and see what happens, but I honestly don't think it will change anything.

Did you try turning it off and back on again?  😂

The brothers in our congregation have been complaining about the same thing.  I do think it shows the man icon next to your name on the field service section if you look at the schedule.

59 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

The brothers in our congregation have been complaining about the same thing.  I do think it shows the man icon next to your name on the field service section if you look at the schedule.

Yes, my assignment shows up on the Field Service Schedule, it has the icon and my name is highlighted, however it doesn't show up in the Assignments section at all. My other Field Service, MWM and WEM assignments are there. Just the Field Service assignment for the 24th is missing. 

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I am using 3.4.5 #237. It appears to be the latest update. I am assigned to conduct a meeting for service on the 19th and that shows up in Assignments, but my assignment for the 24th doesn't show up. Do you think it's because the Memorial is on the 24th? Would that affect the Assignments?

That must be a bug in the app. Maybe as you say it's because it falls on the same day as the Memorial.

You can contact the developers at https://nwscheduler.com/support-contact-us/  and probably it will be solved in the next update.

11 hours ago, Tortuga said:

then he switched it back to me, pushed it again and it still doesn't show me in Assignments.

Another thing to try, especially if just one or two brothers are experiencing the problem: Use the Refresh functions. App Persons > Refresh and App Devices > Refresh. Instructions say to use these if the person is experiencing data problems.

Does anyone have a PowerPoint presentation of how to use NWP for your publishers in the congregation? The NWP website has a lot of great (detailed) information on it's uses, I'm looking to simplify the information to introduce the app to the friends and possibly have a quick Q&A afterwards.

A Powerpoint presentation on both NWS (for those overseeing the congregation use of the App) showing how the various features works for public talks, territory etc, also a Powerpoint presentation for NWP for the congregation generally.

That could be really helpful. Maybe a zoom presentation using a set of slides too.

NW Publisher needs to have a Windows App - Amazon Appstore on Windows and running the most up-to-date version of Windows 11 and the Microsoft Store app

Especially since:

• Microsoft announced that it will deprecate Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11 on March 5, 2025.
  • Following that date, Amazon Appstore on Windows and all apps reliant on Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11 will no longer be supported.
  • Amazon has since sent out an email clarifying that Amazon Appstore on Windows 11 will no longer be available starting today, March 6, 2024.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 3/7/2024 at 2:35 PM, Cruzer said:

Does anyone have a PowerPoint presentation of how to use NWP for your publishers in the congregation? The NWP website has a lot of great (detailed) information on it's uses, I'm looking to simplify the information to introduce the app to the friends and possibly have a quick Q&A afterwards.

There are 6 videos on YouTube here:   https://www.youtube.com/@nwscheduler

image.thumb.png.c2dd07d5504eac7b5a9a9c9f691bdaa3.png

Edited by luisenriquereyes