JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

Red means someone is away. Vacation or something else.

Grey is based on the away frequency:

image.png.3e744324ccaa190cd6c2133075e44e0a.png

If you schedule for an away talk three weeks before and after are grey. You only want to be away from the Congregation once in 4 weeks.

Purple means Assembly / Convention or CO visit.

The lines white / blue is simply the Table Lay-out.

Edited by molnarj

2 minutes ago, Aja said:

Only thing I'm looking out for is the ability to assign territory from the app. Not really much more I want from the app at the moment. What kind of features are you looking for? 

As a territory servant, I'm looking forward to that same feature 😁👍🏽

6 minutes ago, Aja said:

Only thing I'm looking out for is the ability to assign territory from the app. Not really much more I want from the app at the moment. What kind of features are you looking for? 

I would love to get a notification that someone requested a territory.  Many are good about texting me, but I still have to religiously check NWS to see if any territories have been requested.

I did submit a request to NWS last year 12/2023 but I have not seen it implemented yet.  They also don't have a method to keep us informed of feature requests and status.

The feature request was to add descriptions to duties the same as with cleaning.  This way the assignment would not only show "Entrance attendant" but include "Details" such as e.g.

The assignment will start 30 minutes before each meeting and con-clude after all of the attendees have left the building. The entrance attendant will care for the following responsibilities:
(1)...
(2)...
(3)...

1 hour ago, coolbrz731 said:

I would love to get a notification that someone requested a territory.  Many are good about texting me, but I still have to religiously check NWS to see if any territories have been requested.

You can. In NWS, go to the "NW Publisher App" tab, select "App Features", then enter an email address under "Allow Territory Requests".

Screenshot_20240321_104742_TeamViewer.thumb.jpg.6fb27b528e400a531319eb27f09c459e.jpg

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

If I am not mistaken, we have to be GOLD members to use the territory features.  We are a SILVER congregation.

nws.JPG

I believe so. We have Gold and we fully utilize all of its territory features.

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

You can. In NWS, go to the "NW Publisher App" tab, select "App Features", then enter an email address under "Allow Territory Requests".

Screenshot_20240321_104742_TeamViewer.thumb.jpg.6fb27b528e400a531319eb27f09c459e.jpg

I believe that just allows people with the app to submit a request that the Territory Servant sees when they open up NW Scheduler. It doesn't give the Territory Servant a notification on their NW Publisher app. 

19 minutes ago, Aja said:

I believe that just allows people with the app to submit a request that the Territory Servant sees when they open up NW Scheduler. It doesn't give the Territory Servant a notification on their NW Publisher app. 

If that marked off spot is for email, then an email notification to my gmail would be just as good.  I can make sure the mail comes in as high priority, causing my android phone to nag me about the email.  Exactly what I wanted.  I don't care where the request notification comes from.  I don't have access to app features, but I will send a text to the brother who does.

13 minutes ago, coolbrz731 said:

If that marked off spot is for email, then an email notification to my gmail would be just as good.  I can make sure the mail comes in as high priority, causing my android phone to nag me about the email.  Exactly what I wanted.  I don't care where the request notification comes from.  I don't have access to app features, but I will send a text to the brother who does.

That's correct. There's not away for the territory servant to receive a notification through the NWP app that a publisher is requesting a territory. Only through an email.

Maps & Labels...

Has anyone been able to capture the map with colored label names (ie. block numbers)?

I'm also very curious about two things:

1. What other congs have found to be the best colour option for the map categories, so all publishers can clearly make out which section of the map is highlighted?

2. What map option most are running with?

Our current maps are a little sad and i'm hoping to update them using one of the inbuilt map options.

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Not quite sure what Public Talk Availability is for in the reports section. I don't know what the Speakers column is for.

image.thumb.png.0d7a8c55aaefcc0f44ca3bb278656603.png

If you goto "schedule >public talks-local >select a date >filter by outline" then you can verify that the count refers only to the number of speakers in your circuit.

7 hours ago, Aidan said:

Maps & Labels...

Has anyone been able to capture the map with colored label names (ie. block numbers)?

I'm also very curious about two things:

1. What other congs have found to be the best colour option for the map categories, so all publishers can clearly make out which section of the map is highlighted?

2. What map option most are running with?

Our current maps are a little sad and i'm hoping to update them using one of the inbuilt map options.

Dark colors worked best for us. You can even use the same color for all territory categories. Just remember that if you change the color then you need to "remove" the old image and "capture from map" again.

Regarding the map options, we opted for the following settings:
[x]Territories overdue 3 months

[x]Allow edit address notes

Not home attempts [3]

In Person * 

[x]At Home [x]Not Home [x] Do Not Call [x] Foreign Lang [x] Letter Sent [x] Phone Call

Letter Writing *

[]At Home []Not Home [x] Do Not Call [x] Foreign Lang [x] Letter Sent [x] Phone Call

Phone *

[]At Home []Not Home [x] Do Not Call [x] Foreign Lang [] Letter Sent [x] Phone Call

Business 

[x]At Home [x]Not Home [x] Do Not Call [] Foreign Lang [] Letter Sent [] Phone Call

* We used the custom labels so that the color for each status was the same across

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Not quite sure what Public Talk Availability is for in the reports section. I don't know what the Speakers column is for.

image.thumb.png.0d7a8c55aaefcc0f44ca3bb278656603.png

I believe that shows you how many brothers in your area give each talk. Apparently 17 brothers give talk #1. It is very available...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Sorry for the TC questions. I just became interim TC. I am writing up a document on how to do stuff for the next brother. It seems that Talk Reminders are only for those giving local talks. There doesn't seem to be an option to send reminders to brothers going out to give talks. In this example Jeff is coming to my congregation to give a talk but the brother going out does not show up.

image.thumb.png.61e924149fac76ccc79a76bb2dbc8c43.png

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Sorry for the TC questions. I just became interim TC. I am writing up a document on how to do stuff for the next brother. It seems that Talk Reminders are only for those giving local talks. There doesn't seem to be an option to send reminders to brothers going out to give talks. In this example Jeff is coming to my congregation to give a talk but the brother going out does not show up.

image.thumb.png.61e924149fac76ccc79a76bb2dbc8c43.png

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, so perhaps.. Schedule > Public Talks - Away > Select the outgoing speaker from your congregation. When that is selected, at the top of the screen to the left of the congregation they are visiting, there's a button that'll appear, it looks like a letter/envelope, it's labeled "Send Reminder, Confirmation or Invitation". Select it and choose your options. Hope this is what you were looking for.

12 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, so perhaps.. Schedule > Public Talks - Away > Select the outgoing speaker from your congregation. When that is selected, at the top of the screen to the left of the congregation they are visiting, there's a button that'll appear, it looks like a letter/envelope, it's labeled "Send Reminder, Confirmation or Invitation". Select it and choose your options. Hope this is what you were looking for.

I did find in the Printing > Email section I can choose Public Talk Away Reminders. It's a lot further down on the list. You would think it would be right under the other Public Talk Reminder. But even with that when I choose the To address none of the filters will give me a list of away speakers to send to without having to choose Everyone and manually finding the brother to send to.

image.thumb.png.50d9eca4c8d0c641fd49b6457b8d4204.png

It seems what Josh pointed out is best. Works for both local and away speakers.

image.thumb.png.c810fb56ca1fecaa8a98f4b0baa136b9.png

image.thumb.png.23010eecb6ff909e77973efeabb1943d.png

Doing it this way will give you a pop up that also asks about file type. This is meaningless since there is no file attachment for the email.

image.png.eeaa1c5864335decc7a388121940429e.png

Thanks Josh.