JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

So, this may have been asked before, but any ideas why the meeting data is not being imported correctly on our side? 

The 'Description' box on Talk 4 says '4. Starting a Conversation'

The 'Description' box on Talk 5 has the info from Talk 4.

The 'Description' box on Talk 6 is blank.

I went in and edited the 'descriptions' from the WT Library to resolve it. But the poor sister with talk 5 just found out she had to rework the talk. Because the description info shows incorrectly in her 'Assignments'. I checked all weeks thru March and it was the same formatting issue.

image.thumb.png.963ef4cbc334694cf6527af623c5b8ee.png

I don't want to divert attention from Benjamin's question. Hopefully someone can answer his question. Additionally... It's anyone running into this issue on their NW Publisher apps? Myself and wife (Android) and at least one sister at the hall (iOS) are seeing the same thing. 

Screenshot_20240202-001106.png

Edited by Aja

Typo

9 minutes ago, Aja said:

I don't want to divert attention from Benjamin's question. Hopefully someone can answer his question. Additionally... It's anyone running into this issue on their NW Publisher apps? Myself and wife (Android) and at least one sister at the hall (iOS) are seeing the same thing. 

Yes, I am getting the same screen.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Aja said:

NWP app update just released. Version 3.4.5 #237

Screenshot_20240201_234555.thumb.jpg.09fb016cb44ef5488096680e5a51abf2.jpg

20 hours ago, Benjamin said:

So, this may have been asked before, but any ideas why the meeting data is not being imported correctly on our side? 

I went in and edited the 'descriptions' from the WT Library to resolve it. But the poor sister with talk 5 just found out she had to rework the talk. Because the description info shows incorrectly in her 'Assignments'. I checked all weeks thru March and it was the same formatting issue.

From your screenshot everything looks correct for this week. What week is the screenshot?

On 12/13/2023 at 5:11 PM, Jerry said:

It was this week's meeting. Part 5 had the description from part 4 in the 'Assignment' description box. This shot is from the sister's assignments screen in the app. Somehow when the info imported this was the case for all of January and February. I was able to manually adjust but was just wondering what created this issue. The week before this happened and the sister had to switch up her part at the KH and this sister reached out yesterday morning a bit confused. 

March and April appear to be correct. Our CLM overseer is new to the software so just helping him get up to speed.

image.thumb.png.467e83c1ef3214020af0ae31a93eaff3.png

On a separate note: Is there a way to add someone in NWS as a part-time/winter visitor publisher?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    We have a sister from Denver here for the winter, we requested a letter from her CSC so she could share in the cart witnessing. Great recommendation but her PRC is still with her home congregation. Just wondering if there was an option so she can access the app and the elders can see her contact info.

On 2/1/2024 at 7:51 AM, carlos said:

I was going to contact the developers about this but then noticed they already address this in the support page:

On 2/1/2024 at 8:59 AM, Lapuo said:

It is weird because the newest update release notes says it is possible to do it. (at least from my understanding)

image.thumb.png.0de3f531c98370103a1d1bf2f635856b.png

That's probably why their names are up there on the Circuit Overseer schedule in an editable box.

image.thumb.png.e1d70aebbc09ca7130dce190e45c3ff6.png

On 2/1/2024 at 10:05 AM, Benjamin said:

No idea....I only have 1 assignment that falls under that section, and it is fine on my end.

If you are still having the problem, I'd go to each description (like where it says "4. Starting a Conversation") and put a "0" at the end of them all.  Then go back and remove the "0" from the description and after you push it to the phones/tablets, see if it fixes them.

Do a few first and then if it fixes it, do all the rest.

3 hours ago, Benjamin said:

wondering if there was an option so she can access the app and the elders can see her contact info.

What do you think of this work-around? Since she is verified as a publisher, you could add her to your Persons list as a Regular Publisher. This would generate a personal ID for her, allowing her to use the app in your congregation. Of course, this would now increase your publisher count by 1, but since she would not report field service in your congregation, she would actually increase your count for irregular publishers by 1. To avoid this, right before you submit your S-21 report, you could change her to a non-publisher. Submit the report, then restore her as a regular publisher. (Takes longer to write it than it would to do it!). Any downside to this approach?

58 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

How do you determine who should have access to the congregation via the NWP app? Publisher in good standing? Is there somewhere on their website that refers to this?

I believe that would be a decision the BOE would make. 

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

How do you determine who should have access to the congregation via the NWP app? Publisher in good standing? Is there somewhere on their website that refers to this?

Same here any active publisher has been given access to the app. There are other controls in place to limit for instance 'Public Witnessing' which involves the CSC. 

On 2/2/2024 at 8:24 PM, foghorn said:

What do you think of this work-around? Since she is verified as a publisher, you could add her to your Persons list as a Regular Publisher. This would generate a personal ID for her, allowing her to use the app in your congregation. Of course, this would now increase your publisher count by 1, but since she would not report field service in your congregation, she would actually increase your count for irregular publishers by 1. To avoid this, right before you submit your S-21 report, you could change her to a non-publisher. Submit the report, then restore her as a regular publisher. (Takes longer to write it than it would to do it!). Any downside to this approach?

There is an option for publishers that don't report in your congregation 

I have noticed that it takes about 48 hours after an Event, Meeting, Assignment or Duty is over before it disappears from NWP. For example, NWP still shows the MWM that we had yesterday, 24 hours ago. It still shows my Hall Care assignment for last night. We had the CO visit last week and the Event didn't go away until Tuesday, 48 hours after it was over.

Is that normal?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

We had the CO visit last week and the Event didn't go away until Tuesday, 48 hours after it was over.

Is that normal?

Which part? That CO lasted whole week ? :lol1:(sorry, in a silly mood) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

10 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Is that normal?

Pretty sure it is.  And the reasoning could be that if you have to change what night your meeting is on (due to another cong sharing your KH having the CO visit), you wouldn't have to remember to update NWS for that week, which could screw all kinds of stuff up (like notifications).  So it was just easier programming-wise to let it remain in NWP for a couple of extra days.

Just speculation, but I think that makes sense....

I have several assignments that show up in the NWP Schedule page correctly, but they don't show up in the Assignments page correctly.

For example, the Schedule page shows I am the MWM Chairman on Feb 19th, the Assignments page erroneously shows I am the chairman on March 4th. The Schedule shows that I am conducting the meeting for service on the 18th, but it doesn't show up in Assignments at all. The MWM assignments and the meeting for service assignments are managed by two different brothers, so it doesn't seem to be a problem there.

Does anyone know why the NWPublisher Schedules page and Assignments page would show conflicting information?