JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, DarinS said:

Anybody have huge issues with he new update...

Yeah, if you look over the comments in this topic over the last few days, you'll see that this update has not been without its issues. There have been several minor updates since it first came out that have resolved a lot of them, but people are still having some intermittent problems. Check to make sure your program is fully updated and then work with your administrator(s) to see if they can load missing data from a previous backup. Hang in there. We've had issues like this before and they tend to work themselves out in due time

Edited by Aja

voice to text let me down😂

Posted (edited)

(Take note from this thread: some early attempts to do this update from #1359 to #1360 were unsuccessful)

If the update seems to have worked (ie, shows you on Build #1360 and the shared persons show properly), you might try using the Restore function. It functions very well, and you can make precise selections of exactly what you want to restore. Quite likely all your data is still available from backups. Take a look at this help page: https://nwscheduler.com/how-to/getting-started/backup-and-restore-data/

Edited by foghorn

Another minor update is available. #1361

Minor Update 7.5 #1354 Fixes: Loading times, Syncing icon moved to background, sending weekend Duties to App
Minor Update 7.5 #1355 Fixes: Receive Publisher Reports, added printing Templates for Local Needs, Campaigns and Last Visited
Minor Update 7.5 #1357 Fixes: Public Witnessing, User Task syncing, UNABLE_TO_DECRYPT
Minor Update 7.5 #1358 Fixes: Restore from Backup
Minor Update 7.5 #1360 Fixes: Public Speaker Sharing, Offer Help Expiry, Change Sharing Password, Local Needs for Language Groups
Minor Update 7.5 #1361 Fixes: Individual License User Access

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Posted (edited)

I just discovered an interesting glitch in NWS. 

I do not input any data into NWS, so every section is "View Only" mode for me, however, if I go to Schedule>Life and Ministry Meeting, it shows I am in "View Only" but I am able to put the schedule into Draft. Then when I deselect Draft, the CLM schedule information shows up in the Send App Data list.

I can also change the song numbers, so nothing in the top row in that section is in View Only mode.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

App just updated 3.5.3 on Google Play Store

NEW FEATURES

- Field Service Schedules and Public Witnessing Schedules can now be viewed up to 2 months in advance.

- Field Service Schedule clearer.

- Public Witnessing Reservations now show in Assignments

- When adding new Addresses can now add Coordinates.

- Notifications are now clearer and show the date.

8 minutes ago, Aja said:

App just updated 3.5.3 on Google Play Store

NEW FEATURES

- Field Service Schedules and Public Witnessing Schedules can now be viewed up to 2 months in advance.

- Field Service Schedule clearer.

- Public Witnessing Reservations now show in Assignments

- When adding new Addresses can now add Coordinates.

- Notifications are now clearer and show the date.

Those have been the same features as the last couple of NWP versions. I updated it and now I get the following message each time I open the app..

Error occurred: type String' is not a subtype of type 'DateTime'

I also noticed that although we have Public Witnessing shifts scheduled, they do not show up in the NWP app now. Neither do any of the territories, although we're at the start of the campaign & we have several territories currently checked out.

Screenshot_20240610_212354.thumb.jpg.ca1d158cfcabed206e30fedc592a31c4.jpg

Screenshot_20240610_212426.thumb.jpg.bc015b1c0792d0b740be024b4fb4d343.jpg

Screenshot_20240610_212414.jpg

Edited by Cruzer

2 minutes ago, molnarj said:

I updated (Android) but I get an error message: 

image.thumb.jpeg.14a792a4f856a6393700d336b2f29df7.jpeg

My Terrotories have disappeared and I can not access the Public Witnessing schedule. Looks like a bug fix is needed.

I'm not in a position to check NWS. Is there an update that is needed on the main program first possibly? I see my territories but get an error as well when I try to tap on them in the app.

9 minutes ago, molnarj said:

My Terrotories have disappeared and I can not access the Public Witnessing schedule. Looks like a bug fix is needed.

Did you also update NWS to the latest build #1362? I did & am still seeing these issues on the NWP app.

Edited by Cruzer

Posted (edited)

I believe I'm on #1361. I'm at work and, of course, for some reason I can't remote into my home PC at the moment. This is the write I get when trying to open a letter writing territory, but I am able to open another house to house map.

Error occurred: RangeError (length): Invalid value: Only valid value is 0: 1

Edited by Aja

3 minutes ago, molnarj said:

Yes I did. 

It's about 11pm in the west coast (U.S.). Hopefully they'll have a new version that'll fix these issues by the morning. Some of our publishers can't get into their territories, including myself & we just started our convention campaign 😬

I installed #1362 a couple hours ago and noticed I can no longer modify the CLAM schedule. Just a few minutes later there appeared #1363 which fixed the issue. Not sure if this is related to the issue with territories but it could well be. If you are having it, it might be worth trying #1363.

8 hours ago, molnarj said:

Exact same issues here. No Public Witnessing access or Territory information either. My phone is updated to 3.5.3 however my tablet is still on 3.5.2 and it is working correctly. 

Edited by Sooner Guy 89

On 6/8/2024 at 9:39 PM, Tortuga said:

I just discovered an interesting glitch in NWS. 

I do not input any data into NWS, so every section is "View Only" mode for me, however, if I go to Schedule>Life and Ministry Meeting, it shows I am in "View Only" but I am able to put the schedule into Draft. Then when I deselect Draft, the CLM schedule information shows up in the Send App Data list.

I can also change the song numbers, so nothing in the top row in that section is in View Only mode.

The latest minor update #1363 appears to have corrected this glitch. I cannot put a CLM schedule into Draft Mode or change the Songs while I am in View Only mode.

24 minutes ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I can no longer find the version list that everyone is on.
Has the location of this list changed?

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

Still in the same place looks like. I'm on version 7.5, build #1363.

In NWS > NW Publisher app > App Devices. 

This section will display the version connected publishers are currently on.

9 minutes ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

Does that also list the NWS versions? (Below is what I am looking for... I seem to have lost this list after 7.5 upgrade. Lol)dee4262b9f352dd85d06e2ba6a90abd8.jpg

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

That's a different section. That's for the brothers in your congregation who use NWS. "Congregation Sharing".

In NWS > Congregation > Congregation Sharing > Shared Persons

Looks your congregation hasn't updated to the latest version 7.5

Edited by Cruzer

3 minutes ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

They hadn't when I took the screenshot. I did upgrade to 7.5 (and +1 more since).
However, I now cannot locate this page... emoji2369.png

Go to Congregation > Congregation Sharing > Shared Persons (On top)

but when you are the first to have updated to 7.5 you will only see yourself. If you made a Back-up, you can restore only the Shared Persons. Or add them manually again.

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

That's a different section. That's for the brothers in your congregation who use NWS. "Congregation Sharing".

In NWS > Congregation > Congregation Sharing > Shared Persons

Looks your congregation hasn't updated to the latest version 7.5

It looks like the permission was changed with the update. lol

SharedPersons.png

11 minutes ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

It looks like the permission was changed with the update. lol

Tony, v7.5 is a bit special because it changes things related to permissions. So a special procedure is needed to install it. The instructions are there on the site and when you download the update. First an admin needs to make a backup of "Shared Persons", then update, then restore the backup. Then the rest of users have to update, and will have to enter the sharing password again.

You're going to have a lot of issues with the software until the admins installs the latest version.