JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

6 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Cleaning assignments, meeting assignments, public talk schedule. 

These are schedules that are printed and posted on the information board at the KH. The schedules that are displayed in NWP are not printable and is informational only. Each document also shows the pertinent information in one location versus opening different meetings in NWP for it's schedule. Whatever document or letter is usually posted at the KH, is most likely uploaded to NWS, not all but most.

There is a decision tree what you should think of or do when you leave the house at your own initiative, if requested by the Branch or if you're ordered by the local authorities. 

Then we have a checklist of items you should have at home if you can not leave the house. So everything you need for a couple of days. 

What should be in your grab-bag if you have to leave the house immediately. (1 minute)

An evacuation plan if one of the above happens. 

Contact information of the local Elders. 

14 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Same. Interested to see what's in this document.

It's a 1 page version of the "Do You Have What You Need" box in this magazine:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102017165

I believe I downloaded the PDF of that magazine and then printed just page 6 to a PDF.  And that's what's attached in NWP.

Not sure if I'm all the way understanding the "Public Speaker Sharing" feature correctly. Other than the congregations listed in our local circuit and guests, we only want to connect to the other congregations in a circuit we're a guest to, not to their guests as well but it appears that's the case. Does this make sense? Is it helpful for you to be connected to several other congregations you know you will never exchange speakers with?

In our "Circuits, Congregations and Speakers" list of congregations, we see congregations as far as 8-10 hours away. The list of congregations here keeps growing, although we have not added any new ones. They're guest congregations to circuits we're a guest to.

Edited by Cruzer

Hi all.

I'm just testing out the Public Speaker part of the software. I can't seem to assign any talks. And the way the software looks is different to what the help video shows. 

I have access to everything as we are only testing. You can see the boxes are greyed out for date, speaker etc. I just want to try and copy our speaker list for the next 3 months so we have data there to play with

17208722388351285562220205325772.jpg

On 7/11/2024 at 1:27 PM, Cruzer said:

What's in your "Documents" section? Here's what we have..

Screenshot_20240711_132417.thumb.jpg.184c70619c322718f95b4f4aa52c1ddf.jpg

I would really like to see how other congregations are using the Documents section.

Would anyone else like to share a screenshot?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

Here is mine.

IMG_1588.JPG

That's interesting. Those documents are visible to everyone in the congregation that uses NWP?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

That's interesting. Those documents are visible to everyone in the congregation that uses NWP?

That's a good question. Surely you wouldn't want people being able to see what brothers aren't approved for certain things. Could raise some questions among brothers and sisters?

On 7/13/2024 at 7:05 AM, AndyCase said:

Hi all.

I'm just testing out the Public Speaker part of the software. I can't seem to assign any talks. And the way the software looks is different to what the help video shows. 

I have access to everything as we are only testing. You can see the boxes are greyed out for date, speaker etc. I just want to try and copy our speaker list for the next 3 months so we have data there to play with

You have no dates there.  That big empty box should be full of dates & empty spaces....where you click on the row that you want to add a speaker to.

Is that computer connected to the internet?

49 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

You have no dates there.  That big empty box should be full of dates & empty spaces....where you click on the row that you want to add a speaker to.

Is that computer connected to the internet?

Hi

Yes definitely 

Weirdly, i shared the system with our Secretary so we can both test things, and the ability to assign talks came back. So I'm assuming you need 2 brothers connected in order for that side of things to work.

We both have full access rights to everything during this testing phase.

So it's working now .....just not sure why. 

47 minutes ago, AndyCase said:

Weirdly, i shared the system with our Secretary so we can both test things, and the ability to assign talks came back.

Yeah that's bizarre.  No idea on that one...

Unfortunately I don't think the NWS crew does much testing for new/empty versions of their software.  I find people that are just getting started have more bugs than people who are already using the system to the full.  Just the other day I was helping someone get started with the Territory part of the program, and after adding the 1st territory, we got a big huge error message when trying to add a label to the territory.  We had to close out & reopen it so the new territory was "fully recognized" in the system.  Then adding the label worked just fine.

You may encounter more anomalies like that than others.  First thing to try is just closing the program & re-opening it so that whatever you just did is "fully recognized" all throughout the program.  It may be aggravating, but once you are fully using the program, most of these issues will melt away....

2 hours ago, computerwiz said:

First thing to try is just closing the program & re-opening it so that whatever you just did is "fully recognized" all throughout the program.

That is a sensible suggestion. The NWS app reads data from the server each time you open it - this updates your local data store. When you make changes and "Send" your changes to the Server, it may use that data to update other items in the server database. But those updates won't be reflected in your local data until you close and re-open the program. I agree - that should definitely be the first thing you try - IMHO.

20 hours ago, carlos said:

Dennis, that sounds like you have all those sisters marked to take care of assignments. You need to unmark them.

Go to Persons > Select a publisher > Assign and have a look at the different duties on the right:

duties.jpg

We had the same issue back when we imported. It took a few hours to fix the 'Assign' tab and correct the schedule. Once you resolve that it should be smooth sailing. It hasn't been an issue after the initial import.

On 7/4/2024 at 11:21 PM, VERDE said:

Checked my email just now...
The brothers answered me. They advice is to change something in the tasks and send again the data. For me it helped!

Is anyone has the same problem...

Regards

Buongiorno cari fratelli, mi chiamo Alessandro da Modena (Italia) ultimamente abbiamo un problema con l'applicazione NW, ora vi spiego, quando mando i compiti per la scuola, tutto bene, arrivano a tutti i fratelli correttamente, poi dopo qualche giorno capita che devo cambiare un compito, sull'applicazione dove vedo tutto l'incontro è corretto, ma nei compiti personali rimane quello vecchio, anche dopo un giorno vedo ancora il compito, vi è mai successo? Spero che il traduttore di google faccia bene il suo lavoro. Allego anche un'immagine per farvi capire il problema, un abbraccio caloroso a tutti.

ENGLISH:

Good morning dear brothers, my name is Alessandro from Modena (Italy) lately we have a problem with the NW application, now I'll explain, when I send my homework for school, everything is fine, they arrive to all the brothers correctly, then after a few days it happens that I have to change a task, on the application where I see the whole encounter it is correct, but in the personal tasks the old one remains, even after a day I still see the task, has this ever happened to you? I hope the google translator does its job well. I also attach an image to help you understand the problem, a warm hug to everyone.

immagine.jpg

Edited by trottigy

Hoping one of you pros can help me: I was notified by one of the publishers that the assignments for the CLM tonight are all missing in NWP. This has happened before and usually I check NWS and the assignments are all there still. I will change one assignment and then push the update to everyone which populates all the assignments and then I switch the assignment I changed back. Today though, when I checked NWS all the assignments are missing for the month of July (June assignments back are still in). I tried restoring "CLM Assignments" from several dates that I know had the schedule and it still will not re-populate the fields. I have tried restoring and then shutting the program down and opening it back up and it still doesn't restore the schedule. PLEASE HELP!

2 minutes ago, Aja said:

Hoping one of you pros can help me: I was notified by one of the publishers that the assignments for the CLM tonight are all missing in NWP. This has happened before and usually I check NWS and the assignments are all there still. I will change one assignment and then push the update to everyone which populates all the assignments and then I switch the assignment I changed back. Today though, when I checked NWS all the assignments are missing for the month of July (June assignments back are still in). I tried restoring "CLM Assignments" from several dates that I know had the schedule and it still will not re-populate the fields. I have tried restoring and then shutting the program down and opening it back up and it still doesn't restore the schedule. PLEASE HELP!

Nevermind... I was trying to restore from several "Auto Backup" dates and they all came up empty but I just tried from the "Backup File" that is saved on an SD card and that did the trick. Maybe this will help someone else though.

1 hour ago, Aja said:

This can happen when not everyone is on the same build. Please remind everyone to check for updates when they use the Program and update first before changing anything. 

You can also go to Congregation Sharing > Sharing Problems. Select CLM Assignment and then Pull Data.

On 13/07/2024 at 14:05, AndyCase said:

Ciao a tutti.

Sto solo testando la parte Public Speaker del software. Non riesco ad assegnare alcun discorso. E il modo in cui il software appare è diverso da quello mostrato nel video di aiuto. 

Ho accesso a tutto perché stiamo solo testando. Puoi vedere che le caselle sono in grigio per data, relatore ecc. Voglio solo provare a copiare la nostra lista di relatori per i prossimi 3 mesi in modo da avere dati lì con cui giocare

hi, have you created the list of brothers as public speakers? both yours and that of other congregations?