JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is your favourite song/songs to sing together as a large group at assemblies/conventions?

My all time favourite is “We Thank You Jehovah.”

Most conventions during the past 30 years usually ended their program with this song, but the orchestral arrangement behind the wall of voices always gave me goosebumps! Would love to sing it again together at a future assembly.

“It’s not a matter of how much we know, but how much we love what we know.”

That used to be my favorite! But, other ones have been competing for that top spot. 🙃

Give Me Courage is one of my favorites for a large gathering. Let it thunder!

How about the ultra moving How Does it Make You Feel?

Some other favorites of mine, not necessarily for large groups:

Gaining Jehovah's Friendship

He Will Make You Strong

Preparing to Preach

Interesting that your signature sounds very familiar. 🧐 😁

Edited by digital_dreamer

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

I really like singing in conventions my favorites, the top 3 would be:
1. 61

2. 150

3. 149

4. 122

And I have a lot more favorites, but these three were made for a large group.

But isn't only because these 4 are one of my favorites (i have a lot of favorites, like 44) but because these give me a need to sing in a large group.

For example, you can sing the 44, but it fits way better in solo.

The 141 and 74 can fit well in group too, but it and some others are good in group mainly because of it harmony or melody. 

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

For us old ones there is song 138 "Beauty in Gray-Headedness"  It is the only song we sing that makes me cry.

It is the chorus:

Father, you remember

How in faith they've run

Give them your assurance

May they hear, "Well done!"

I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH!!!

It's the one that brings tears to my eyes, too. And it's a fantastic singing song- at least for my range. 🥰

I loved that we sang #27 at Convention. It's a rare one but wow... so wonderful to sing!  #26 is a favorite, too. We don't sing any of these enough imo.. 

16 hours ago, jwhess said:

For us old ones there is song 138 "Beauty in Gray-Headedness"  It is the only song we sing that makes me cry.

It is the chorus:

Father, you remember

How in faith they've run

Give them your assurance

May they hear, "Well done!"

What about those of us with shiny-headedness or smooth-headedness? 🤪

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

There are some songs that for me are the "face" of a Convention. Especially some of the songbook "Sing Praises to Jehovah". I selected some of them with the themes. Some are in our new songbook, others unfortunately are no longer. I selected them according to the old songbook numbers.

13 Christian Dedication

91 Being Taught by Jehovah

177 What Sort of Persons Ought We to Be?

191 Make the Truth Your Own

212 We Thank You, Jehovah

217 Gaining Jehovah’s Friendship

Of course there are some other songs that send me directly to the atmosphere of a Convention, but I think these are the main ones.