JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"‘Saint’ and ‘Jehovah’ Dropped From World’s Most Popular Spanish Bible, the Reina-Valera"

Looks like Satan is on the attack, removing God's name from the Bible again

"We have also decided not to use the name “Jehovah”, but to use “The Lord”. It is something that was not done in 1995 and many people requested it. This is not our invention, but it has been done since the 3rd century."

https://faithfullymagazine.com/new-reina-valera/

Edited by Jwanon

24 minutes ago, Dages said:

Removing the(ir) name (from the book of life)

Yes, it makes me think of Revelation 22:19 “and if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God will take his portion away from the trees of life and out of the holy city, things that are written about in this scroll.”

Jehovah is not a God to toy with when it comes to His Word. 

So shameful! 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

I understand and agree with the point about "saints". Most if not all Spanish-speaking countries have a strong Catholic influence. For people here a saint is someone who lived a live of austerity, almost perfection, and who performed miracles, not a normal person who does his best to live a moral life. It's a bit like the NWT did with "soul". Why use it if most people understands it as something completely different than what it means?

But removing Jehovah's name is just Satanic.

On 7/29/2023 at 2:42 PM, Loopy said:

Jehovah is not a God to toy with when it comes to His Word. 

Or his name!

From an older publication aptly titled, The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah:

Pg. 125 By not holding true to the Holy Bible, she (Christendom) ignored the God who is set forth in the Bible, Jehovah. He does her no injustice by bringing upon her the consequences of her ways and by showing her how detestable to Him her religious things are.  At her end it is proper for her to know that there is indeed a God named Jehovah, who gives due rewards

"Where the scriptures and and the slave are silent, I do not speak." :bible2:

• 2 months later...
On 7/30/2023 at 7:23 PM, carlos said:

I understand and agree with the point about "saints". Most if not all Spanish-speaking countries have a strong Catholic influence. For people here a saint is someone who lived a live of austerity, almost perfection, and who performed miracles, not a normal person who does his best to live a moral life. It's a bit like the NWT did with "soul". Why use it if most people understands it as something completely different than what it means?

But removing Jehovah's name is just Satanic.

The french NWT uses the word "saints" to translate "holy ones"