JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

what is your favorite song. one that picks up and keeps you driving

Follow That dream. by Elvis Presley

I can hear music by Beach boys..these i find can change your mood

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 3 weeks later...

When I want to hit the water I LOVE Suffer Girl By the Beach Boys and also In My Room by the Beach Boys!!!!

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

when I'm sad Eric Idle - "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life"

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

• 2 weeks later...

This one wakes me up every time:-:loopy:

With a 1.5k rig turned right up it picks me up on the way home from my night shift. ::o

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Whoa, Simon! Roy Orbison would drive you up a wall then, huh!

I was brought up on Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly, Dolly Parton and loads of other country and western and old style tunes. I love all kinds of music but i particularly love loud heavy music. As long as it is good i like it.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

When I want to escape the cold rainny weather...Wind surfer..Roy Orbison..

I was in an electonic type band in my early 20's. I liked the YouTube clip here because it was without words. I always struggled to write lyrics for this style of music. Writing the music was very fun though.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I was in an electonic type band in my early 20's. I liked the YouTube clip here because it was without words. I always struggled to write lyrics for this style of music. Writing the music was very fun though.

Loud heavy music is normally accompanied by snarling screaming often obscene lyrics. The amount of bands I have heard a song by and thought wow only for the singer to start singing and completely ruin the tune really annoys me. Listening to music without lyrics is both safer for my ears and also for my mind. Plus this kind of music is excellent for dancing, driving, waking yourself up and for making ME feel good. Lyrics would probably ruin this tune no matter who sang them. With maybe the exception of Zach de la rocha if he kept it clean.

Loud heavy music is normally accompanied by snarling screaming often obscene lyrics. The amount of bands I have heard a song by and thought wow only for the singer to start singing and completely ruin the tune really annoys me. Listening to music without lyrics is both safer for my ears and also for my mind. Plus this kind of music is excellent for dancing, driving, waking yourself up and for making ME feel good. Lyrics would probably ruin this tune no matter who sang them. With maybe the exception of Zach de la rocha if he kept it clean.

What I find annoying is I love to watch the surfing dvd's or when on tv love to watch the Pro` surf. Only sport I love watching and they put ghastly music to hit.

How do you get excited to that stuff. I usually have the volume down. Thats my winny moment. B)

I love all kinds of music but i particularly love loud heavy music. As long as it is good i like it.

I agree with your statement 100% Simon.

I love a good loud electronic music song on my drive into work.It wakes me up better then coffee(tu)

I have seen Deadmau5 a couple of times. I wish Ableton wasn't so expensive. I used to produce when i was younger. Then my computer got thrown away by a less than favorable landlord. Never got back into it after that. Now I am just a listener.

I have seen Deadmau5 a couple of times. I wish Ableton wasn't so expensive. I used to produce when i was younger. Then my computer got thrown away by a less than favorable landlord. Never got back into it after that. Now I am just a listener.

Deadmau5 is from my area of Ontario Canada.I haven't seen a dj play live since 2002.I used to go to raves and nightclubs every weekend when

i was in the world.Now with dj's doing podcast and with live sets being uploaded daily,there's no need to go see these guys play live.

I have a full DJ setup in my basement that I've had for years to play on to relieve stress a few times a month.Its fun to record a mix here and there.

I dabble in music production just for fun a bit too.There's a great program called "nano studio" for the iphone and the ipod touch for 15$.

The program is free to use on a PC or a Mac.If you ever want to experiment again.

here's a song someone made on the program.

http://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/download.php

Meetings/field service and family obligations are first priority over this entertainment we enjoy of course.

(Sorry to go off topic from this thread topic)