JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Prayers please

I hope it's okay to ask for prayers.  I have to have a brain MRI in the morning to check the growth of a meningioma.   

I have severe anxiety and panic attacks.   Right now I'm having trouble dealing with it.  I have a a headache and I feel sick to my stomach.

The last time I was in an MRI machine I was stuck and had a full blown panic attack.

Please say a prayer for me. 

Know that Jehovah is God. He is the one who made us, and we belong to him.

Psalm 100:3

2 hours ago, Lori said:

I hope it's okay to ask for prayers.  I have to have a brain MRI in the morning to check the growth of a meningioma.   

I have severe anxiety and panic attacks.   Right now I'm having trouble dealing with it.  I have a a headache and I feel sick to my stomach.

The last time I was in an MRI machine I was stuck and had a full blown panic attack.

Please say a prayer for me. 

I know how you felt when you were in the MRI machine! I could so easily have panicked, the only way I coped was to keep my eyes closed! If I couldn't see the ceiling, I was ok.

I hope everything works out ok for you, and I'm sure many here will keep you in their prayers, Lori. Please let us know how you get on. 🌹💐🙏

Edited by Ludwika

I will be happy to pray for you. So glad you added details so prayer may be specific to your needs. Please let us know how you managed with Jehovahs unmatchable help. When you are laying there with your eyes closed take deliberate slow, deep breaths and imagine different scenes from various accounts where Jehovah helped and guided his faithful servants through. Now,  put yourself in that scene and feel the way they felt. Focus on the details. Ie the parting of the Red Sea, Boarding the ark in the final moments. Do you see the clouds gathering? Do you smell the rain? What animals do you hear? Can you see the people starting to notice the weather changes? Thunder? Lightening? Wind picking up speed? Animals behavior changing? Perhaps Noah urging you to hurry? Now- what would it be like to enter and hear that door close behind you? Knowing something grand just occurred that you had taken part in? Imagine what a routine might be like in the days to come. Anyway, so much to reflect on. Use any example you like! What if the test is over and you found yourself longing for the solitude and privacy that can be found inside the walls of the MRI?

I'll be praying for you Lori.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Yes, in my prayers.

Make sure you let the MRI tech know you have issues. OR call your doctor and discuss it with him. They may give you a mild sedative. I have had a few MRI's and I had an issue once (I am large 6'3" 250lbs, wide shoulders so it's a squeeze for me) and they gave me a little bitty pill. I took a it, half hour later went back in and no problems. Drove myself home.

This IS a serious issue Sis, please discuss with your team working with you. They don't want anything to effect your treatment either.

Edited by Your Brother

1 hour ago, Your Brother said:

Yes, in my prayers.

Make sure you let the MRI tech know you have issues. OR call your doctor and discuss it with him. They may give you a mild sedative. I have had a few MRI's and I had an issue once (I am large 6'3" 250lbs, wide shoulders so it's a squeeze for me) and they gave me a little bitty pill. I took a it, half hour later went back in and no problems. Drove myself home.

This IS a serious issue Sis, please discuss with your team working with you. They don't want anything to effect your treatment either.

I'm being sedated.   Thank you dear Brother. 

8 hours ago, Ludwika said:

I know how you felt when you were in the MRI machine! I could so easily have panicked, the only way I coped was to keep my eyes closed! If I couldn't see the ceiling, I was ok.

I hope everything works out ok for you, and I'm sure many here will keep you in their prayers, Lori. Please let us know how you get on. 🌹💐🙏

My arms were going numb so I was hitting the bulb that they gave me but it wasn't working.  It was a complete nightmare. I also have claustrophobia.  ugh. 

Greetings. Prayed for you. Maybe a bit late, thanks to the time-shift.

At least you are free from it.

I can imagine you felt bad, me too the last time I was on it,
wanted to open my eyes, and had some issues swallowing too,

Well its only a machine, no worries..

Edited by NotHereEntirely

UPDATE:    I'm back home.   I started to have a panic attack at the hospital in the room.  The nurse gave me a breathing exercise.   I felt Jehovah's calmness after.  

Thank you all for the prayers.  I love you all!!!