JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Biblical sites you have visited or would like to visit in the future

Similarly themed topics

Darren G (former member)

my personal favourite moments were visiting the Sea of Galillee, the Temple Mount, Valley of Gehenna and the Mount of Olives.

I remember being amazed at how quick it was to walk the hill on which ancient Jerusalem was built .It took literally about 40 seconds to walk from the western side to the eastern side.

And it took about 4 minutes to walk the hill from it north to its southern edge.

Spoiler

image.png.b1a1f7acd2c0ad253929b7d1de12632d.png

I wonder if @Darren G  was referring to the temple mount which feature the dome of the rock. I doubt it. Seem quite large the area where the temples of yore used to be.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6eaDOV6irw

I would like to see the old City of David/First Temple period again. It was not as extensively excavated when we went last time. Many wonderful things have been uncovered showing the sophisticated/civilized life the Israelites had compared to other nations round about.

Other videos show and extensive water system for the city dwellers that was started by the Jebusites only using the natural underwater channels and then the Israelites tapping into them to create bathing facilities not just in or for the temple area.

The large pool of Siloam was not excavated when we were there, neither was the amazing discovery of the beautiful patterned/different coloured marble tiles that decorated the floors of the temple courtyards.  

The finding of the golden bell from the fringe of the garment of the High Priest in the street drain of the steps on the ascents up to the temple that have been excavated, so you can now walk in the way of the worshippers up to the old temple mount whilst they were singing and rejoicing in their worship and carrying their offerings on their best plates or leading the best of their flock.

1 hour ago, retroHelen said:

large pool of Siloam

Thanks Sister Helen, I'm so excited for you. Just looking at the video, this place looks amazing.

Spoiler

*** w07 7/15 pp. 6-7 “Go Wash in the Pool of Siloam” ***
In 2004, however, archaeologists found what they concluded was the Pool of Siloam as it existed when Jesus was on earth. It is located a few hundred feet [about 100 m] southeast of the site that was mistakenly thought to be the Pool of Siloam. How did they discover it? The city authorities needed to repair a sewer pipe in the area, so they sent in workers with heavy equipment. An archaeologist working nearby watched the digging operation and saw two steps appear. The work was halted, and the Israeli Antiquities Authority approved an excavation of the area. One side of the pool, about 225 feet [70 m] in length, and two corners have already been excavated.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2007523&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=4

Edited by Imagine

Recently was in Greece and met a Brother at the Sunday meeting. He gives tours so we were fortunate to have met him. He showed the picture from one of our publications so I incorporated it into the photo to see we were right where Paul was at the acropolis.  

20231015_175209-1.jpg

Nice! I love it when you get a brother tour guide who can explain the tour in “our language” of the truth. I still enjoy worldly tours as the guides share such interesting historical facts that you squirrel away and match up with our Bible knowledge.

I've visited Ephesus, Athens, Crete, Rome. But no actual Bible lands in the Levant.

3 hours ago, CouveBro said:

acropolis. 

image.thumb.png.4ddf35304ca28cbeba4be2ab66a86fcf.png

The Acropolis of Athens remains as the most impressive and intact ancient Greek monumental complex that exists today. Constructed in the latter half of the 5th century BCE, this fortress is topped by the grand Parthenon. Restoration and conservation efforts for the site commenced in the early 1900s, led by researchers.

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

after it is recreated

Yeah, come to think of it, wouldn't it be nice to see a replica of Solomon's temple in all its glory! Getting Solomon to helm the construction all over again would be so surreal. And sited on Mount Moriah, no less. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.12a27b269a7f53612cc90b0e6e98dc9e.png

(1 Kings 7:49)  the lampstands of pure gold, five on the right and five on the left before the innermost room; and the blossoms, the lamps, and the snuffers, of gold;
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=nwtsty&srctype=wol&bible=11007049&srcid=share

I've been to the Palestinian Territories. So I've been to some places, including:

- Jerusalem (only by bus.. We had an appointment)
- Ruins of Jericho
- Jordan Valley
- Shechem
- Mount Ebal
- Mount Gerizim
- The Dead Sea
- The supposed place where Jesus spoke with the Samaritan woman.
- The supposed place where Jacob made an altar for Jehovah, when watching over the Jordan Valley.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

On 11/9/2023 at 5:54 PM, Dages said:

Deut 34:1

(Deuteronomy 34:1-2) And Moses went up from the plains of Moab unto the mountain of Nebo, to the top of Pisgah, that is over against Jericho. And the LORD shewed him all the land of Gilead, unto Dan,  And all Naphtali, and the land of Ephraim, and Manasseh, and all the land of Judah, unto the utmost sea (Mediterranean)
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=bi10&srctype=wol&bible=5034002&srcid=share

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9c845dddc47d28b2fe5ca1e1f7ade39e.png

15 minutes ago, Imagine said:

(Deutéronome 34 : 1-2) Et Moïse monta des plaines de Moab jusqu'à la montagne de Nébo, jusqu'au sommet du Pisgah, qui est en face de Jéricho. Et l'Éternel lui montra tout le pays de Galaad, jusqu'à Dan, et tout Nephtali, et le pays d'Éphraïm, et de Manassé, et tout le pays de Juda, jusqu'à l'extrémité de la mer (Méditerranée)
https://www.jw.org /finder?wtlocale=E&pub=bi10&srctype=wol&bible=5034002&srcid=share

Masquer le contenu

image.thumb.png.9c845dddc47d28b2fe5ca1e1f7ade39e.png

Very beautiful illustration. What was he thinking just before closing his eyes? Where did Jehovah bury him? We will probably know in a short time even if it seems that the most important thing is to know where Jehovah is going to resurrect him.