JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

On 10/22/2023 at 8:58 AM, Parale said:

Disappeared, and not mentioned again.

He was 'last' mentioned in the Watchtower 1 December 1984 when he handed out the diplomas for the Gilead graduation in September 1984, a month before the Centennial Annual Meeting.

I believe he died in 1988.

• Kingdom Ministry—1980 
    •  

Edited by Dannie

On 10/22/2023 at 8:34 AM, Parale said:

I believe that the 1984 Centennial event at the Three Rivers Stadium was the last known public appearance of Leo Greenlees as a member of the Governing Body, before he disappeared.

image.thumb.png.e4e502bd7de82a176a6a10378527047d.png

I like seeing the Programs with the brothers names..GB and others. Now we have them up close on JW Broadcasting.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Dannie said:
On 10/22/2023 at 1:58 PM, Parale said:

Disappeared, and not mentioned again.

He was 'last' mentioned in the Watchtower 1 December 1984 when he handed out the diplomas for the Gilead graduation in September 1984, a month before the Centennial Annual Meeting.

I believe he died in 1988.

• Kingdom Ministry—1980 

1 hour ago, Dannie said:

Kingdom Ministry—1980 

km 8/80 p. 2   (5th Bullet Point) This is a notification that Raymond Victor Franz is no longer a member of the Governing Body and of the Brooklyn Bethel family as of May 22, 1980.

Yes, the Governing Body have provided us with an exact date when both Ray Franz and Anthony Morris left the Governing Body - 22 May 1980 and 22 February 2023 respectively. They have also publically provided the 12-month time period during which Ewart Chitty left - they said he left during the 1979 Service Year (ie sometime between 1 September 1978 to 31 August 1979). But we have no public acknowledgement regarding Leo Greenlees leaving.

Although Leo Greenlees is last mentioned in the Watchtower for 1 December 1984 - when he handed out diplomas for Gilead on 9 September 1984 - that December issue of the Watchtower would most likely have been printed and distributed before that year's Annual Meeting on 6 October 1984 where, as you can see above, he is listed as a speaker. Thus I would count the 1984 Annual Meeting as being the 'last reference' to him.

Following that Annual Meeting, the next time a full list of the Governing Body is publically provided I believe is in the 1986 Yearbook, which would likely have been printed in early November 1985? So that basically gives as a 12-month period.

GOVERNING BODY TIMELINE FROM 1971: