JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Do you like sushi?

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

cook up some beef

*** si p. 27 par. 14 Bible Book Number 3—Leviticus ***
14  (2)   The communion sacrifice may be either a male or a female, of the cattle or of the flocks. Only its fatty parts will be consumed upon the altar, a certain portion going to the priest and the rest being eaten by the offerer. It is well termed a communion sacrifice, for by it the offerer shares a meal, or has communion, as it were, with Jehovah and with the priest.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1101990064&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=20

Haha, no fishes were offered as a sacrifice to Jehovah. Maybe not much fatty parts/not available in inland areas. Besides, it would nice to eat fish raw. One had to be careful because there maybe parasites in raw marine food.

image.png.63f0b17bd6ae0a2d0100af8d68167a14.png

Spoiler

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/eating-raw-fish#TOC_TITLE_HDR_3

Parasitic infections in humans are a major health problem in many tropical countries. Many of them are transmitted by infected drinking water or improperly cooked food, including raw fish.

However, you can minimize this risk by buying raw fish from trusted restaurants or suppliers that have properly handled and prepared it.

Edited by Imagine

On 11/16/2023 at 8:34 PM, Mido said:

Where I live, the buffet is only $15 and thought there is a lot of choices. I always go for the salmon

At that price, one may be getting farmed salmon rather than the wild caught ones. I for one, steer clear of buffets on account of my diabetes. Besides I have a small appetite and I don't want to overeat especially with all the rice in sushi. It fills a person up real fast and liable to cause the blood sugar to spike.

Sticky white rice 

Even though it is not sweet, sticky white rice is another food that can deceptively bump blood sugar. Devoid of the fibrous outer bran and nutrient filled germ layers, white rice is mostly starch with a correspondingly high glycemic load.   

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/diabetes/foods-spike-patient-s-blood-glucose-are-not-what-you-think

Spoiler

image.png.56fc6d62c69bc41498decac109397d6c.png

Edited by Imagine

On 1/1/2024 at 7:14 AM, Tortuga said:

Jesus served fish and bread but Jehovah told the Israelites to cook up some beef. I prefer Jehovah's way...:lol1:

Don't forget BBQ'd lamb, my wife's favorite and she likes it all the time.

Numbers 28:4

image.png.a4be82be5a305710683a27ed7577e7c1.png

Edited by Pabo