JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Do you like sushi?

Hi Brother I love Salmon & Tuna  & Bonito (Its like Ia smaller version of the Tuna)

I recently watched a TV documentary on KIMICHI very fascinatingly  history. I LOVE the stuff. so yummo 

together with the rice etc. 

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

8 hours ago, Hotteok said:

Or even Sashimi? 

As a Korean, raw fish is one thing we eat a lot. 

We lots of sushi too but the craftsmanship is of lower quality than in Japan where sushi was created. 

Which fish do you like on rice?

The other day we had lunch at an “Asian Inspired” restaurant.  We started with Kingfish Cerviche then Prawn & Crab dumplings then Pork Belly Bao buns then a beautiful Singapore curry prawns with a special fried rice that had prawns in it as well.  The cerviche is raw fish.  The kingfish was sliced thin and served in a chilli, coconut and lime liquid.  It was delicious without the need for rice.  15D27401-98C6-4BFD-811D-0D87E40B896C.thumb.jpeg.3e2f1df9af77182351e63793f1c5ce64.jpegA02F4608-50A2-4489-848C-B5E8B05BB070.thumb.jpeg.913687d07e393fa44b933954a30b83f8.jpegE2302B6B-6653-4639-9A64-C5831E888EEF.thumb.jpeg.c854df9a3f6f4242b623adce5398faa6.jpeg564EBCD1-79C4-46A3-9AFF-211BDD33ED3F.thumb.jpeg.da5b4feca426b7d89e127953d405dfa6.jpeg5BA14FFB-5AB9-4B8C-8E49-02207F701007.thumb.jpeg.f99925af23687f0bcafdd0cc6a5d191c.jpeg

On 11/16/2023 at 11:22 AM, Hotteok said:

Or even Sashimi? 

We lots of sushi too but the craftsmanship is of lower quality than in Japan where sushi was created. 

I love sushi :infatuated:

20230411_130040.jpg

Chrissy :wave:

Sushi!  Yes, please! My favs include the caterpiller roll, spider roll, california roll, eel, salmon, tuna, shrimp. However, the one thing I hate is when they put cream cheese in the roll. IMO it just does not belong there! I've often liked many of the ingredients mentioned in rolls but always ask them to remove the cream cheese.  Also, does everyone mix the wasabi with the soy sauce?  I was told once that it's considered offensive to the sushi chefs. Anyone else heard that?  I still do it because I love the taste. 

5 hours ago, CouveBro said:

Sushi!  Yes, please! My favs include the caterpiller roll, spider roll, california roll, eel, salmon, tuna, shrimp. However, the one thing I hate is when they put cream cheese in the roll. IMO it just does not belong there! I've often liked many of the ingredients mentioned in rolls but always ask them to remove the cream cheese.  Also, does everyone mix the wasabi with the soy sauce?  I was told once that it's considered offensive to the sushi chefs. Anyone else heard that?  I still do it because I love the taste. 

Is it because the chefs already put some amount of wasabi on the rice beneath the fish? But never experienced their wrath myself. 

6 hours ago, CouveBro said:

Yes, sushi is tasty, however I had to be careful with the wasabi, it's quite spicy. The first time I tried it, I put a lot into it, 🥵

But, I like it so much 😁

On 11/16/2023 at 5:22 AM, Hotteok said:

Do you like sushi?

Cbs No GIF by HULU

On 11/16/2023 at 5:22 AM, Hotteok said:

Or even Sashimi? 

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I do like

Fish Eat GIF

but, I want them

Hungry Chef GIF by BDHCollective

if they are boiled, I want them

Heat Wave 80S GIF

NOT cold or on

Ice Cube GIF

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

The only time I tried Sushi was when I went out to eat with some of the brothers and sisters after Field Service.  My wife was out of town so, with these two married couples, I was the fifth wheel.  One of the sisters received an order of sushi which she did not order.  She decided to try it anyway and shared a small bite with everyone else.  We agreed that it was good.  That was about 5 years ago, and I have not tried sushi since.  Of course, my wife and I very rarely eat out.

Is Gimbap the same as Sushi?

My friends made me try Gimbap once and I loved it, though it's hard to find here.

We’re planning a picnic this weekend.
I got the nori sheets from a store, but couldn't get the rolling mat.
So we plan on creating the rolling mats from skewers ourselves and make some Bulgogi Gimbap

I’m sure it will be fun!

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

Is Gimbap the same as Sushi?

My friends made me try Gimbap once and I loved it, though it's hard to find here.

We’re planning a picnic this weekend.
I got the nori sheets from a store, but couldn't get the rolling mat.
So we plan on creating the rolling mats from skewers ourselves emoji28.png and make some Bulgogi Gimbap

I’m sure it will be fun!

I guess you have Korean friends around? 
It’s carb bomb but with proper veggies, it’s one healthy diet!

Ah, no, for Gimbap only has veggies, meat and white rice haha

Edited by Hotteok

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Katty said:

I like both.
I really like unagi, but I've read that it's not the most sustainable food, so I figure it would be a very occasional luxury.
Who'd think something so ugly could be so delicious.
Japan Eats Eels to Extinction, No More Unagi

Yes, in Japan, a bowl of decent Unagi-covered soy sauce rice costs like 3,000~4,000 Yen. 

On 11/16/2023 at 11:22 AM, Hotteok said:

Or even Sashimi? 

How do people eat raw fish? Microbes?