The chorus between these verses is:

We are waking for 'tis morning

And the beauteous day is dawning

We are happy for 'tis morning

See! the shadows flee away

Lo! he comes! see the King draw near!

Zion, shout! the Lord is here

Hymns of the Millennial Dawn 1909

There were 337 songs in this song book, but with references to the cross - and even the trinity - most of these only serve to reflect the spiritual milestones that we have been able to climb over with Jehovah's spirit, the help of Christ Jesus and the loving guidance of the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

Some times I go silent and silently sing the songs from the 1944 red songbook, sometimes the green song book, you know  like "he had never seen rain before," just for old tmes sake. :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

5 hours ago, Mike047 said:

A great songbook, first out in 1944, and then reprinted in 1948. Song 50, "Tell It Out!" was a very rousing song

It was also song 69 in the "green" songbook..."Songs to Jehovah's Praise".  (1950) One of my favorites as well.

The next song in that songbook (#70) was especially  enjoyed.  Lilting and fast paced (and short).  It was "Stick to Your Work".

st1.JPG

Edited by jwhess

John, some great songs in these older books. One of my all time favourites in the green songbook is song 67 The New Song! Song 38 Joyful Service, continued on but the words changed in the pink songbook. I think we still sometimes sing the old words, in some of the time honoured songs that we still have.

Now, though, we have the new songs that are very encouraging, but not in any songbooks (as yet). Two of the new songs, coming from convention programmes, are 'Eyes of Faith' and 'Courage'. I hope that I can remember them if and when I am incarcerated!