JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

6 minutes ago, Old said:

They were never forbidden, just not generally acceptable for meetings or service in the US. 

I remember many years ago a CO asking the PO to talk to a sister that wore a denim top out in service. I haven't heard anything about denim for a long time.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 12/16/2023 at 5:09 PM, Adam! said:

"And he will wipe out every razor from their eyes, and shaving will be no more, neither will blades, nor shaving cream, nor aftershave be anymore. The razor cuts have passed away."

"Go, therefore, and grow your beards you men of all the nations, trimming them in the style of the van dyke and of the short boxed and of the mutton chops, grooming them in all the methods I have commanded you. And look! I am growing mine all these days until the conclusion of the system of things."

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I remember many years ago a CO asking the PO to talk to a sister that wore a denim top out in service. I haven't heard anything about denim for a long time.

Denim was never forbidden, just not generally acceptable for meetings or service in the US. 

Oops, I am repeating myself :D

Kinda goes along with a CO that told the pioneer sisters that they had to wear nylons out in service.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, DancesWithWife said:

I just started watching the "Inside Story" and noticed Brother Splane has started growing a mustache. Brother Mark Numair had some facial hair in one of his parts.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 140220 splane(2) crop.png

mmmm.... like a "Clark Gable" style?

Im afraid it´s just an optical illusion. There´s no moustache growing, it´s simply a shadow from a fold in upper lip.

Brother Noumair is well shaved as well. No moustache growing. It´s all in the imagination of some viewers. 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

30 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Im afraid it´s just an optical illusion.

I disagree there is a distinct hairline that is not an optical illusion. How would such a distinct line appear be there? 

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

33 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Brother Noumair is well shaved as well. No moustache growing

No, he is not. Look at his cheeks and you can see a distinct color difference. I got a magnifying glass and looked at it closely. That is the beginning growth of a mustache. As a Brother who has worn a mustache all his adult life, I know what I am looking at.

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

37 minutes ago, Sofia said:

It´s all in the imagination of some viewers. 

That's insulting to say that. Have you ever grown a mustache?

2 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

I just started watching the "Inside Story" and noticed Brother Splane has started growing a mustache. Brother Mark Numair had some facial hair in one of his parts.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 140220 splane(2) crop.png

I think that was recorded in September. How did his mustache look in October at the Annual Meeting?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

No, he is not. Look at his cheeks and you can see a distinct color difference. I got a magnifying glass and looked at it closely. That is the beginning growth of a mustache. As a Brother who has worn a mustache all his adult life, I know what I am looking at.

I've noticed most videos of Brother Noumair (I went back several years) have looked like he's growing a mustache. My face is the same way. My upper lip can be completely smooth and it still looks like I have a mustache.

Edited by Midwest-US

poor grammar

1 minute ago, Midwest-US said:

I've noticed most videos of Brother Noumair (I went back several years) have looked like he's growing a mustache.

All I was saying was that it looks like he was growing one. Some brothers have a sensitive upper lip and don't shave every day giving the appearance of a mustache. This is why I wear one, plus it covers a scar on my lip. Some brothes have the 5 o'clock shadow look all day long. 

3 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

All I was saying was that it looks like he was growing one. Some brothers have a sensitive upper lip and don't shave every day giving the appearance of a mustache. This is why I wear one, plus it covers a scar on my lip. Some brothes have the 5 o'clock shadow look all day long. 

Yeah, he probably has days he lets it go. Will be interesting to see if anything changes. 🙂

17 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

You had to get a magnifying glass? Oh my, that's stellar!

55 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Brother Noumair is well shaved as well. No moustache growing. It´s all in the imagination of some viewers. 

Agree completely. He has a dark complexion and his upper lip is darker yet. I would imagine they wouldn't give a part unless it was fully grown in, so no starter moustaches.

3 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

Which one works for me?

Haha. #1 looks very conservative and natural. The problem is it may not come in like the program. haha.

Years ago I started a beard as my gray hair was coming and I had an offset white chunk on the side of chin. Hmmm? My wife said it put 10 years on me. :( Now it would be all white and probably add 20 years.

23 minutes ago, Percy said:

Agree completely. He has a dark complexion and his upper lip is darker yet. I would imagine they wouldn't give a part unless it was fully grown in, so no starter moustaches.

Why wouldn't they be able to give a part unless fully grown in?

Edited by truce

4 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

Which one works for me?

download_20200412_202830.jpg.a514accab87cd2d4d8828e97de7ba4bb.jpgPhoto_1585685247232.jpg.f15aea4b026b016f7c9836ee8da547ef.jpgPhoto_1585686217870.jpg.1999410a280d81c567fe30c40626082c.jpgPhoto_1589668441443.jpg.a7bdf4312c472cf89ab4e30dc6c3522f.jpgPhoto_1622010601317.jpg.9b7af86b0ccda6c195d51245ae98be78.jpgPhoto_1622010658446.jpg.f41e7a6a78553caf0e7fcbac142e0c04.jpg

#2 is my favorite. it doesn't overwhelm you face, but gives it a nice, dignified structure. #5 is a good alternative

be suspicious of anyone who recommends #4

Edited by LeolaRootStew