JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

This weekend is Circuit assembly with Branch —GB was clean shaven

saw hundreds and hundreds with beards

Even speakers and demos

a few made jokes that they didn’t recognize others

i went out of my way to tell most of them that they looked good or looked sharp

- You needed to see the big smiles burst forth on almost all their faces 

It was sad to hear that in a few halls there is only 1-2 , and still frowned on 

yet it was encouraging to hear the happy comments of those who were appreciative 

and expressed their pleasure and the great majority seems to accept the change and where happy for their fellow brothers (approx 3,000 attended)

Only saw 1 ‘weird beard’ but he also had a half shaved head …. So I think it was a newcomer 

Pioneer meeting on Friday had approx 50% bearded

including speakers and parts

(Attn - 315 pioneers)

Edited by DarinS

Many of our congregation's brothers now have full beards.  👍 It would take months for me to grow one.  😐  I'm guessing genetics. For now, I continue to be clean-shaven, though I would prefer to let my mustache grow. But I give in to what my wife wants. I was in my mid-twenties the last time I had a mustache. In the new system, I hope to grow a full beard, as Jehovah originally intended for men.  😁

2 hours ago, DarinS said:

Even speakers and demos

yet it was encouraging to hear the happy comments of those who were appreciative 

and expressed their pleasure and the great majority seems to accept the change and where happy for their fellow brothers (approx 3,000 attended)

Only saw 1 ‘weird beard’ but he also had a half shaved head …. So I think it was a newcomer 

(Attn - 315 pioneers)

So I don't know if this comment is a double edge sword or not... today was our first in-person meeting since the announcement (we were Zoom only over the holiday period). A few of us had beards (quite a few are still away on holiday though). I had complementary comments from many - not only that the beard looks good - but that I look better with a beard. I had been thinking that I would go back to clean shaven at some point in the future if I felt like it, but now I don't know if I ever can???

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I feel the same way. I'm barely noticing the beards in the congregation. 

Yesterday we attended a memorial for a sister and many of her friends and family came from other congregations in the area, most of the men were wearing beards and it seemed normal, I barely noticed.

Just goes to show how perfect Jehovah’s timing is for when to make the change…

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

I would grow a beard but I'm afraid the next GB Update will tell all of the bearded brothers to wear a sign...

image.thumb.png.70ba432f89290a31d6d7bd59a71552cb.png

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Many have asked me why I haven't started growing a beard, especially after the demo with me using a Zoom beard, where many remarked I looked good with one.

My reply was "I wouldn't mind one, but it would be more like a salt and white pepper beard instead of a salt and black pepper beard." Secondly I added, "My wife wouldn't want me to look older than than her now." (She is older than I and it is more of an in-house joke that members in our congregation know).

5 hours ago, DarinS said:

Even speakers and demos

(Attn - 315 pioneers)

" Pioneer meeting on Friday had approx 50% bearded

including speakers and parts ".....Were the other 50% sisters?

6 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

My beloved friends! I can't keep up with this topic due to work. This is the busiest time of the year for me.

But I received a photo of Brother Geoffrey Jackson with a beard. I don't know if it's already been posted here.

If not, I can put it here.

We need to see that pic!

2 minutes ago, Landon1285 said:

Yeah it was from SKE graduation 

Which SKE class? Date?

Just now, Hope said:

What is the date of this photo, please?

I cannot explain how unreasonably delighted I am to see this!  He looks great!!! ❤️ 

Pretty sure it was from yesterday.  My dad sent me a different version of this photo, saying it was from yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Hope said:

What is the date of this photo, please?

I cannot explain how unreasonably delighted I am to see this!  He looks great!!! ❤️ 

I can't say the date. I received it today. I imagine it was this weekend.

I even thought I would enter this topic and the photo would already be posted, because you are always very quick. 😄