JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2023 Governing Body Update #8 / BEARDS!!!

On 1/2/2024 at 12:10 AM, Denice said:

Interestingly, I never knew this was an issue. However, there seems to now be a trend of brothers growing beard after this announcement. It's good to keep in mind that the looks may not be suitablly attractive for all brothers. Some people look better clean shaven than not. Depending in facial feature and structure.

Denice, this is not directed at you, but just a general thought. Some brothers have a negative view of sisters who have short hair like a man.....they feel it’s masculine, and looks like the typical gay style for women. Not all view it this way but many I know do. 

However, we would not expect a sister to change her hair style, because those brother don’t think it is as attractive as longer hair. It a personal choice, and that is why our view has changed.

PS. I caught something that Brother Lett said that  I found interesting....: "Having a beard can give a man confidence”.   I think that is true for many. 

I think in 6 months we’ll  be used to it, and forget there was ever a ban on beards. 

Many of those growing beards now may just get it out of their system.... and then grow tired of it

and shave it off.:beard3::lol:  

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

16 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

Pretty sure it's genuine.

image.png.e6810c6a866596436d7af4d6662ba6a7.png

If someone faked it, like I just did here...

image.png.8b65f96d9da14f846bc8daaad8e46081.png

It would show up in forensics, like so...

image.png.1f591d1a481f722a15d47579ddbdc11e.png

hink 

I won’t believe that until I touch it with my hand. :lol1: 

Certainly not wrong at all....but I think in their positions they don’t like to do anything that draws attention to them personally.

Maybe down the road when everyone is settled down and used to it. :coffee:

Edited by Pjdriver

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

The best part of my beard is now I match the gray hair that my wife has. Hers is prettier, most of my gray is on the chin area. Most of the hair on my head is now just a distant memory. My wife Debbie bought me a beard kit, beard shampoo and beard oils. I'm all in.

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

20 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

Pretty sure it's genuine.

image.png.e6810c6a866596436d7af4d6662ba6a7.png

If someone faked it, like I just did here...

image.png.8b65f96d9da14f846bc8daaad8e46081.png

It would show up in forensics, like so...

image.png.1f591d1a481f722a15d47579ddbdc11e.png

I just tried that with a photo I know was fake. Unfortunately it didn’t show an issue. I made it myself in August and posted on this forum. 

FotoForensics-Analysis.jpeg.thumb.png.833b729b2df5acbe7d5159277bde3717.png

Edited by Mykyl

Bald usually looks good with a beard. IMO

Since our facial  hairs have been set free, every Sunday speaker has had a beard. :lol: 

Edited by Pjdriver

Just using my powers of reasoning ( no computer software needed ) on that picture of a GB member with beard... There is a terrible glare across the screen from the lights , which tells me someone was trying to sneak a picture. Why else sneak a picture otherwise? If he was clean shaven , no need for that. And why photo edit a terrible quality picture? I could be wrong...but i think it real. I hope it is !😂

11 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

If the GB are growing beards does that mean they are going to heaven soon? 😳

:lol1:

I don’t think your allowed in heaven without a beard... Our literature always shows Jehovah, Jesus, angels,  and the 144000 with beards. Even the sisters will have beards in heaven evidently. :beard3: :coffee:

17 minutes ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I think Jesus set that trend.emoji3186.png
From what I hear, he was the first with a beard to enter heaven...emoji2369.png
emoji38.png

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

"and E·liʹjah ascended to the heavens in the windstorm."

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

I won’t believe that until I touch it with my hand. :lol1: 

Certainly not wrong at all....but I think in their positions they don’t like to do anything that draws attention to them personally.

Maybe down the road when everyone is settled down and used to it. :coffee:

Doubting Thomas 🤣

7 minutes ago, KF7 said:

I would think posting this from SKE is a violation of the rukes

I've never been to SKE, but usually the rules are about not posting notes or recordings.

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project