JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Link doesn't work for now or forever

1 hour ago, Bosko said:

Today I notice that this type of link doesn't work anymore ...

https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=jwb-107&langwritten=e

This link was for December broadcasting.

The same is for Watchtower.

Very interesting ...

Also the images were transferred to another place in the site 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

Which images?

Images associated with the various parts, or talks, or videos, etc of the monthly broadcast. Basically they're called "album art."

But yeah, our secret link is gone! I think you're right, Andrej...

1 hour ago, And_Ray said:

Guess its an end to an era :)

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

Probably 108 again

This makes a lot of sense 👍

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Gem Miner Repot: Attempts to find link substitution have been challenging. Keep being met with “Access Denied”. I would like to say that I believe at this time there is no way around the new directory as it is now built to run with cookies to keep track of data inputed into the individual boxes. Hence the files for the pictures being moved to a new folder.

This is a publicly accessible link: 

w_E_202403_lg.jpghttps://cms-imgp.jw-cdn.org/img/p/w/202403/E/pt/w_E_202403_lg.jpg

Few things to notice, the hyperlink is referencing. I’ll try to break it down to explain the changes. I really like the new setup how ever I’m sure someone will find a way around it. But I doubt it since it’s got a way to check and manage source, IP and time stamps to confirm if the file is allowed to be seen at the proper time. I would say, boys the days of mining for links has ended…Unless someone finds a link or code combination. But that’s a lot a work for something we should just wait for patiently. Regardless this is the link broken down and explained. To the best of my ability take it with a few grains of salt.

(cms-imgp) Content + Security 

(CMS) A content management system is an application that is used to manage content, allowing multiple contributors to create, edit and publish. Content in a CMS is typically stored in a database and displayed in a presentation layer based on a set of templates like a website.

(IMGP) Internet Management Group Protocol. This is a communication protocol used by hosts and adjacent routers for multicasting communication with IP networks and uses the resources efficiently to transmit the message/data packets. Multicast communication can have single or multiple senders and receivers and thus, can be used in streaming videos, gaming or web conferencing tools.

(jw-cdn.org) Access to files

(CDN) a content delivery network, or content distribution network, is a geographically distributed network of proxy servers and their data centers. The goal is to provide high availability and performance by distributing the service spatially relative to end users. This is referencing JW.Org as the host site.

(img) Image

(p) Publication

(w) Watchtower

(2024) Year

(03) Month

(E) Language: English 

(pt) Unknown

(w_E_202403_lg.jpg) File Name

Edited by Nemo

Formatting and Gramatical Errors