JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Timeline of Bible History (JWPUB)

Link: https://github.com/erykjj/jwpublib/releases/download/TBH_1.0/TBH_1.0.jwpub

I want to share you this helpful publication for you all for your personal study. This is importable in JW Library app, and it is found, if imported, under Library > Guidelines > Personal. This is created by a brother, and initially added on his repo (a storage location where project files kept) yesterday (January 07, 2024). About the publication, it is a a chronological compilation of events (mostly) related to Bible history. Take note to the author's note: "Please report any errors. All suggestions and feedback appreciated. Search functionality planned."

Hope this one helps!

This forum also talks about this JWPUBLib repo (check this one too): 

He knows you better than you know yourself, and he wants to help. :hugs:

6 hours ago, Hava Saber said:

About the publication, it is a a chronological compilation of events (mostly) related to Bible history. Take note to the author's note: "Please report any errors. All suggestions and feedback appreciated. Search functionality planned."

This is an awesome tool!  Just did a quick comparison with my own chronological compilation and it's right on. It isn't 'official' jw.org material, but an excellent way to gather 'all things chronological' in one place. What I really love is that it opens in jwlib and scriptures are linked.  And, it's possible to add or link existing study notes.  I noted a few things I neglected to add to my study project, so . . .got some work to do!

"Where the scriptures and and the slave are silent, I do not speak." :bible2:

8 hours ago, Kwabena said:

When I checked the repo I saw a gif that looked like the jwpub version of the Bible study routine pdf. How can I get that?

Did you mean the "Bible Reading Schedules"? You can just directly download it, brother Kwabena, you will just have to download the file of it, then import. Also you can translate it in your own language, check this issue!

How to download? Check this one!

46 minutes ago, Dages said:

I would adapt it in French

Regarding the translation of the publication, the author states that it is not possible, although it is indeed possible, but too complex to implement. Therefore, it will forever remain in English.

10 minutes ago, Hava Saber said:

Regarding the translation of the publication, the author states that it is not possible, although it is indeed possible, but too complex to implement. Therefore, it will forever remain in English.

If he could make it in English, it's possible to make it in French...

What an awesome project!  I also love the scriptures linked with the events.  Look up the scriptures, check out the reference material, and down the rabbit hole I go.

It gives me dates to look and see what was going on in other parts of the world.  Chinese dynasties, Japanese and Korean kingdoms.  Even the rise and fall of various powers in North and South America.  Be interesting to cross reference them with biblical history.

I concur with previous comments. I too appreciated the Scriptural references - that adds considerably to the appeal of the chronology. What especially impresses me is that our brother has learned the necessary format for .jwpub files. I previously guessed the JWL must use some proprietary form of EPUB data format, perhaps even encrypted. I'm certain the organization doesn't want bad actors to trick publishers into installing erroneous material into the library.

We certainly have some awesome brothers and sisters, don't we?😃

16 hours ago, Watching and Waiting said:

it's possible to add or link existing study notes

Another Authors Note: Keep in mind that notes and highlights are linked to paragraph numbers, so if you annotate in any way and a future release includes additional historical events (paragraphs), your notes and highlights will no longer match up.

New update is released just now! Click here to download.

Also the author needs help. He stated: "I am looking for volunteers to add scriptural references to events that haven't got them yet, and others to verify these refences."

Maybe you can help him, plus you will gain more learnings, unless if you studied it. 😁 How to help, you can go to this issue: https://github.com/erykjj/jwpublib/issues/29. You need an account for you to start conversation on GitHub. If you want to contribute, but don't want to create an account, you can state your contribution in this forum, I will contact the author to look and see your contribution here.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/8/2024 at 11:23 PM, foghorn said:

I concur with previous comments. I too appreciated the Scriptural references - that adds considerably to the appeal of the chronology. What especially impresses me is that our brother has learned the necessary format for .jwpub files. I previously guessed the JWL must use some proprietary form of EPUB data format, perhaps even encrypted. I'm certain the organization doesn't want bad actors to trick publishers into installing erroneous material into the library.

We certainly have some awesome brothers and sisters, don't we?😃

It is more likely that the brother got a permission from the World Headquarters. Qualified brothers are allowed to ask permission to create such JWPUB files. Please refer to this link: jw-l.ink/jwlb-tou12.

"For love is as strong as death is." - Song of Solomon 8:6

JWPUBS