JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Summer vacation

The summer in the northern hemisphere reached. The last weekend had 38οC. Saturday I did my first swim in the sea.

Simple curiosity what you choose for your vacation?

Some go to the mountains, others in the sea, some others traveling to another country.

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

This summer we are taking the kids on a Disney cruise. It's not my "thing" cruises or Disney but its for the kids. Next summer my mother-in-law wants us to go to Greece with her. My father in law is from an island called Andros (sp?), i think, and they have family and property there. I'm not very comfortable with the idea because I don't speak Greek and my son has bad food allergies so I'm not sure how I can safety feed him. We got both kids their passports for the cruise so now my mother in law is intent on them going to Greece.

This summer we are taking the kids on a Disney cruise. It's not my "thing" cruises or Disney but its for the kids. Next summer my mother-in-law wants us to go to Greece with her. My father in law is from an island called Andros (sp?), i think, and they have family and property there. I'm not very comfortable with the idea because I don't speak Greek and my son has bad food allergies so I'm not sure how I can safety feed him. We got both kids their passports for the cruise so now my mother in law is intent on them going to Greece.

I never been to Andros. But a good friend move there for help the local congregation. The kingdom hall is in village Andros. See http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=FRNsPnPBrTZGT

The must people at islands speak English. Now about medical health all the islands has general doctors and at the next island Tinos has a small hospital. If the problem is bigger the Department of health sent a helicopter to transfer to Athens. Despite the crisis we have not ​​been yet Somalia.

What foods has allergy your son?

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

He is severly allergic to eggs and peanuts. Also milk and soy, but those don't make his throat swell up like the eggs and peanuts.

I read my last post. Slaughter the English language, using "must" and not "most".

You will come to Greece?

Soy is not a problem, do not use soy in our foods. The allegia is only in milk or in the products such as feta cheese and Greek yogurt?

The egg is a problem we use it a lot. In all the pies, the cookies in a dressing with egg and lemon for soups.

The biggest problem is the older women. They do not listen anyone. You say "please do not use eggs", her say "okay" and then using egg because believes you are crazy

The summer in the northern hemisphere reached. The last weekend had 38οC. Saturday I did my first swim in the sea.

Some go to the mountains, others in the sea, some others traveling to another country.

Laying down on the sand & Swimming - Swimming & Laying down on the sand.:raspberry:

Nikos :)-D My favorite beach says greetings to your favorite beach.

"Absolute rubbish”

with beer, mojito or ... vodka orange

Its freezing hear in Belfast.

We have a couple of Brothers over from Las Vegas. And they are wishing they had stayed there.

:) it certainly is cold in Ireland... and tomorrow more rain, its so cold I had a hot water bottle for my cold feet last night !!

I have never known such a cold summer...

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I have a special privilege of going to unassigned territory in Buchanan County Va. in July. I am so excited to go. This is my first time going to unassigned territory. I am going with 2 special pioneers, some of you may know them, Bertha and Katherine Kelly. They have been in our congregation for many years. Just got back from the assembly in Johnson City, TN, it was heart warming. OK oh yeah in September I will be going to Philly, PA to visit my best friend Debi. okay that's my summer vacation.

Ah, summer... The only season of the year when it's worth your live living in Scandinavia. I think TODAY is the longest day of the year, and I'm currently quite far away from Lapland anyways.

Dawn: 03:41

Sunset: 23:11

Length of Day: 19 hours 30 minutes

::oB)

When I was a kid, the District Conventions always were a sad occasion, knowing that after them only half of the summer holiday was left before having to return to school, HA!

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

We have a camper..and early this January we went to Adelaide and we purchased a free camping location around Australia, It was fun, cause we have 3 kids

we need something with room for when it rains and this is great. we stopped at a place called Eccucha and it was on one side NSW. the other side Victoria,

we were on the Murray and we had a campfire and looked up at the sky and the stars that littered the sky was awesome,

We stopped along the rivers and went to the beaches and Maggie Beers farm tried her Ice creams and other delights, verjuice. great as a spritzer.

any where there is a beach for snorkling, fishing, body boarding, that is where we love to go, We tee up with my aunty and uncle go to a place called Honey MOON Bay, You have to take everything and we camp,,,catch squid and my uncles friend he is Italian and I always take our own food but he cooks his Italian way so spoilt we love it.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I am going on vacation in two weeks. I'm going to Alabama/Mississippi. I'll be attending the DC with my friends from my old Cong. My grand daughter (who is studing w/a sister in her area) and daughter will be attending with me. I love the beach, I love playing in the water. Plus Diane from this group is coming here to Maine to see me in August. Sooo does that mean that I'll get two vacations this year? LOL

:) it certainly is cold in Ireland... and tomorrow more rain, its so cold I had a hot water bottle for my cold feet last night !!

I have never known such a cold summer...

We have a sister from our congregation going to Ireland in two weeks for the International DC. I hope it turns out nice for their visit.