JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Suit labels

Sometimes there is a new brother in the truth who buys a new suit, but he still has the cuff labels on. Have you ever mentioned anything to them? How would you go about it? :detective:

Say, "Hey, if you want I have a really small pair of scissors that can help you get those pesky labels off."

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I would not say anything, as its none of my business.

If he want to have the suit label on then let him.

its not a sin.

LOL...........

True, not a sin, but there was a Watchtower article a few weeks back on how we should dress.

My opinion is those labels would be like wearing a shirt inside out. If a sister has her label sticking out, wouldn't you fix it?

Labels on sleeves are TACKY!!!!

Personally, I don't understand why those labels are there. What is the point of it?

When my husband gets new suits, I have to take my little manicure scissors and carefully remove those things. They are just stupid.

Should you say something to him, I guess it's ok, but I would do it privately as to not embarrass him.

A manufacturer puts the label on the sleeve of the Jacket so that you can find what you are looking for easily when shopping. They are supposed to be removed before wearing them. Some leave them on so that people can see how clothes smart they are. And some just don't know they should be removed.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I was curious what experiences you have had with the suit labels. I wouldn't tell a brother anything about his clothes, but I think it's cute when someone buys the first new suit they've ever had and still have those "pesky labels" on. :D

I have always thought that you should discreetly and privately tell him he should remove the labels, just as you would tell a friend that a zipper is open, or tell a sister that she has lipstick on her teeth, or that an undergarment is showing.

We should lovingly tell anyone if something about his or her appearance is amiss. I know I appreciate it when someone tells me I need to correct something.

I have always thought that you should discreetly and privately tell him he should remove the labels' date=' just as you would tell a friend that a zipper is open, or tell a sister that she has lipstick on her teeth, or that an undergarment is showing. We should lovingly tell anyone if something about his or her appearance is amiss. I know I appreciate it when someone tells me I need to correct something.[/quote'] I agree, I feel that we should privately tell a person if there is a problem because that would save that person much embarrassment. Just a little loving hint, done discreetly would suffice. Grumpy always leaves these embarrassing moments to me to fix. Unless it's a zipper problem and then he takes action.

114289=6271-SmileyShocked.png

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I have always thought that you should discreetly and privately tell him he should remove the labels, just as you would tell a friend that a zipper is open, or tell a sister that she has lipstick on her teeth, or that an undergarment is showing.

We should lovingly tell anyone if something about his or her appearance is amiss. I know I appreciate it when someone tells me I need to correct something.

Touche'! :crackwhip:

Timing is critical too. I hate to be told at 4pm thatmy slip is showing and then find out that hubby saw it at 10am and said nothing. THAT embarrassment lasts a long time. :blushing:

I know, that's what I used to say to my boys. They'd get so embarrassed, but I told them it's my saying that or going around unzipped.:nope:

Today while out in the ministry there were two young guys walking along the street with the top of their pants

showing from their jeans?

They were showing their Kelvin Kline labels. (WHY)?

There used to be a time when youths were fearful of ending up in prison . . now they proudly wear the fashions from (no belts allowed) institutions and aspire to join their bro's on the inside. :shrugs:

This is the latest "fashion statement" among young men in the U.S. The ones who wear belts wear them around the lower part of their bottoms so their pants can't fall down. I truly became hysterical when my grandson, age 16, kept stopping while helping his uncle move a washing machine. He had to keep pulling up his pants!

This is the latest "fashion statement" among young men in the U.S. The ones who wear belts wear them around the lower part of their bottoms so their pants can't fall down. I truly became hysterical when my grandson, age 16, kept stopping while helping his uncle move a washing machine. He had to keep pulling up his pants!

This fashion statement comes from the young men trying to emulate prisoners. While in prison they cannot have belts, so their pants slip down and they have to keep hiking them up. It is a form of rebellion. I saw a boy with his pants so low I could see the back of his knees. He had to hang on to the front of his pants to keep them up. Crazy.

This fashion statement comes from the young men trying to emulate prisoners. While in prison they cannot have belts, so their pants slip down and they have to keep hiking them up. It is a form of rebellion. I saw a boy with his pants so low I could see the back of his knees. He had to hang on to the front of his pants to keep them up. Crazy.

And it's a fashion statement that I LOATHE. X( In the area I live, having your butt hang out is the "norm" and I really, really have to bite my tongue to keep from telling them what I think they look like. Unfortunately, I have a steady stream of this walking down the street next to my house. On the funny side, though: We had an American boxer named Hanna...brindle...who looked more like a pitt bull than a boxer. She HATED people walking down our sidewalk. Our fun (yes, it didn't take much to amuse us...!) was to wash the car with Hanna safely chained to the porch steps. A privacy fence is between the sidewalk and our driveway until reaching the point where the driveway goes to the street.. Hanna's chain conveniently reached just short of the sidewalk. She'd hear the "droopy drawers" coming and lie in wait until they breached the driveway. Then WHAM! She'd go flying out, barking and growling! Do you know how hard it is to run when your pants are hanging to your ankles???!! :eek: A little justice in this world.... :ecstatic:

I'm alone in my house, laughing hysterically just picturing this in my mind! Brilliant!

Yep, we got a lot of laughs from doing that. Actually had some come out of their shoes trying to get away! What we really wanted to do, however, was to sit on the front porch behind the ferns with a gun loaded with bird shot ....they were providing us such tempting targets. Alas (!) our Christianity kept us from fulfilling our dream....:innocent:

And it's a fashion statement that I LOATHE. X( In the area I live, having your butt hang out is the "norm" and I really, really have to bite my tongue to keep from telling them what I think they look like. Unfortunately, I have a steady stream of this walking down the street next to my house. On the funny side, though: We had an American boxer named Hanna...brindle...who looked more like a pitt bull than a boxer. She HATED people walking down our sidewalk. Our fun (yes, it didn't take much to amuse us...!) was to wash the car with Hanna safely chained to the porch steps. A privacy fence is between the sidewalk and our driveway until reaching the point where the driveway goes to the street.. Hanna's chain conveniently reached just short of the sidewalk. She'd hear the "droopy drawers" coming and lie in wait until they breached the driveway. Then WHAM! She'd go flying out, barking and growling! Do you know how hard it is to run when your pants are hanging to your ankles???!! :eek: A little justice in this world.... :ecstatic:

I had to read this twice before I realized it was a dog you were talking about! I laughed hysterically as I too can't stand it when the young men walk around with their hineys hanging out! And earlier, I thought you all were talking about ladies' dress zippers when I realized it was men you were referring to! Oh, I lead such a sheltered life!! But I am glad when someone points out something to me, like the time I had lipstick on my teeth, and a price tag hanging off my blouse. Embarrassing, yes, but better to be told by a kind friend than for everyone in the congregation to see. I onetime had a pair of pantyhose fall down to my ankles as I entered the Kingdom Hall! I ran as fast as I could to the ladies room to discard them!:blushing: