JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Very nice music 🤗

It makes to wonder,

can we have romance songs in the new world?

Honestly I love romance songs because it keeps me very intimate with my spouse.

Sometimes due to stress,romantic feelings between couples can wane out,this can make couples to look like strangers to each other.

1 hour ago, Ishaya said:

As a husband do you sometimes feel detached from your wife maybe due to stress  @Dages etc.

How do you work on that?

I don't. I love her more than the first time I met her almost 18 years ago :D 

I can react poorly when I'm stressed but it doesn't last... and it doesn't change the profound love I have for her.

1 hour ago, Dages said:

I don't. I love her more than the first time I met her almost 18 years ago :D 

I can react poorly when I'm stressed but it doesn't last... and it doesn't change the profound love I have for her.

Its encouraging to know that.

Stress is a terrible thing,especially here In Nigeria there is so much to grapple with.

How significant is music in the French culture?

There are not many French artist that I know of, just Sardou and Helene rollès and they no longer sing.

Most thriving French singers today are of African descent such as Khalid and   Indila.

17 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

Sardou and Helene rollès

Hahaha, classic :D I haven't heard about Helene in decade ! :D

I don't know much about current pop music, I'm more into instrumental electronic music, kind of ambient/chill, relaxing stuff

It's not romantic :D 

9 minutes ago, Dages said:

Hahaha, classique  :D je n'ai pas entendu parler d'Hélène depuis une décennie !:D

Je ne connais pas grand chose à la musique pop actuelle, je suis plutôt dans la musique électronique instrumentale, genre ambient/chill, trucs relaxants

Ce n'est pas romantique:D 

29 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

C’est encourageant de savoir cela.

Le stress est une chose terrible, surtout ici. Au Nigeria, il y a tellement de choses à gérer.

Quelle est l’importance de la musique dans la culture française ?

Il n'y a pas beaucoup d'artistes français que je connais, juste Sardou et Hélène Rollès et ils ne chantent plus.

La plupart des chanteurs français prospères d’aujourd’hui sont d’origine africaine, comme Khalid et Indila.

🤣🤣🤣 Hélène Rollès is known in Nigeria ? Brother Ishaya, you will always amaze me.

19 minutes ago, Dages said:

Hahaha, classique  :D je n'ai pas entendu parler d'Hélène depuis une décennie !:D

Je ne connais pas grand chose à la musique pop actuelle, je suis plutôt dans la musique électronique instrumentale, genre ambient/chill, trucs relaxants

Ce n'est pas romantique:D 

David, promote JJ Goldman please, I prefer.😄

1 minute ago, Dages said:

Bonne idée ! Aussi, avez-vous entendu la rumeur selon laquelle il est JW maintenant ? ou peut-être un étudiant ? assister à une réunion ? J'en ai entendu parler il y a quelques années mais je n'ai trouvé aucune confirmation.

The latest news I have is: he would have actually agreed to receive a visit from a brother who was part of a French-speaking assembly in England for a time, particularly during the pandemic, then he would have ended the visits, not being able to join. I don't think he's a brother, David, because even if he is very very discreet, he remains quite politically engaged in terms of the works he supports. His repertoire is humanist but committed. That's the news on my side. That said, Jean-Jacques does not leave me indifferent.🙂His songs say something of the times

1 hour ago, Dolce vita said:

🤣🤣🤣 Hélène Rollès is known in Nigeria ? Brother Ishaya, you will always amaze me.

Yes,Nigeria is a collector centre of every culture and lifestyle you can think of 😆

Is Hélène Rollès married now?

2 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

Oui, le Nigeria est un centre de collection de toutes les cultures et modes de vie auxquels vous pouvez penser  😆

Hélène Rollès est-elle mariée maintenant ?

I must  admit, brother Ishaya, that I have never been interested in the private life of this singer-actress. May be our friend Google will be able to tell you . I have the feeling  you like her, don't you?😉

6 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

Oui, le Nigeria est un centre de collection de toutes les cultures et modes de vie auxquels vous pouvez penser  😆

Hélène Rollès est-elle mariée maintenant ?

5 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

JJ Goldman, il a l'air d'être un gars formidable  👍

Pouvez-vous s'il vous plaît partager une de ses très belles chansons ?

Just for you, Ishaya

He has been the French people's favorite public figure for years, even though he has been out of the circuit for almost 20 years. Very popular for its commitment to charitable works such as 'Restos du coeur' (Restaurant of heart). There is one of his songs which is performed by Céline Dion: La Mémoire d'Abraham. (The Memory of Abraham). You can easily find it on You Tube

Lyrics :

" Just a prayer
Before obeying
To the order of things and of our fathers
Before leaving

Just another life
Saved from oblivion
Engraved much better than by a blade
In memory of Abraham

Long, waiting for the hour
Heavy, the pain in our hearts
But so great, our love, our faith in you
And it's hard to understand you sometimes

What will tomorrow be
Our destinies further?
A little peace, love and bread
In the palm of your hands

Long, waiting for the hour
Heavy, the pain in our hearts
But so great, our love, our faith in you
And it's hard to understand you sometimes

Lead our children
For the end of time
Filled with more joys than tears
The memory of Abraham

2 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

Oh vraiment bien,

Je suis tombée amoureuse de la France à travers ses chansons.

Découvrez celui-ci ;

Sorry sorry, obviously I'm not as romantic as you are my dear brother. Lucky sister Ishaya😊

6 hours ago, Ishaya said:

Very nice music 🤗

It makes to wonder,

can we have romance songs in the new world?

Honestly I love romance songs because it keeps me very intimate with my spouse.

Sometimes due to stress, romantic feelings between couples can wane out, this can make couples to look like strangers to each other.

I'm more concerned about Blues in the New World - it's one of my favorite genres of music.  It actually makes me happy! :D   My father is a blues musician, so I have that association with it.  ❤️ 

People will always write romantic music, I think.  It's a perennial topic for the entire world..

14 minutes ago, Hope said:

Je suis plus préoccupé par le Blues dans le Nouveau Monde – c'est l'un de mes genres musicaux préférés. En fait, ça me fait plaisir ! :D   Mon père est un musicien de blues, donc j'ai cette association avec ça.  ❤️ 

Les gens écriront toujours de la musique romantique, je pense. C'est un sujet éternel pour le monde entier.

😘😘For Daddy.

6 minutes ago, Hope said:

I'm more concerned about Blues in the New World - it's one of my favorite genres of music.  It actually makes me happy!

Isn't blues also romance (love affairs) ?

I always thought its what blues is.

And hey, I forgot to mention Chris de Burgh,do you know him?

9 minutes ago, Hope said:

IMy father is a blues musician, so I have that association with it.  ❤️ 

Oh Wow!

Did your Dad release any album?

I'd love to have it.

23 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

J’ai entendu une fois que les Françaises étaient colériques, est-ce exact ?

Hélène semble vraiment calme.

We cannot generalize but French people are known by the French themselves for never being satisfied. Yet, the bread, wine and cheese are very very very good. Nobody understands the anger🤣