JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I really enjoy running as an amateur long distance runner. The maximum distance I ran as a child was 10 km, easy running. I started running from the age of 12-13. I liked to play soccer, basketball, volleyball. But after the army and the birth of my daughter, I abandoned running until 2020. When covid19 started, I decided to remember my childhood. I started with 500 meters. I thought I would die from running. Then I started planning and setting goals and distances. 2020 - 3 km, 5 km. 2021 - 10 kilometers. 2022 - 15 km, 2023 - 20 km. (ran 2 times)

I mean any sport you have ever played or are currently playing. School, college, family life, or are you single. Sports activities as a Jehovah's Witness, in a meeting, with friends, etc. It would even be interesting to know what sport you would like to play in the New World?

When I was in my late teens and early 20's I used to roller skate and bowl.

For a while I worked as a "floor guard" in a roller rink - you know, I was one of the guys with a whistle who helped new skaters and tried to keep order with those who liked to skate too fast. I spent most of my time skating backwards so I could keep an eye on everyone as they came toward me. Several found it was quite difficult to trip me or knock me down even though I was not a very large person ... just a solid skater.

As for my bowling, I had gotten fairly proficient at bowling and had considered going pro ... the bowling alley personnel thought I had a good chance of success. When I found out what was involved in a course to becoming pro, I decided against it, and I have never regretted that decision.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I find that to keep fit, it is good to do the following:

* Sit down with a coffee at a bathing pool, and watch others swimming

* Sit down, also with a coffee, in  a fitness centre and watch others working out

* Sit down, with another coffee, watching a football match

* Sit down with a final cup of coffee watching a tennis match

After all of this, think how fit you would be

I love sports! :wub: Unfortunately, I'm not very sporty myself, I like to call myself a "passive sportsman" because 99% of the time I watch sporting events and only 1% of the time I do sport myself. :D That's why I don't have a real "story" to tell about myself, except that my PE teacher in middle school advised my parents to sign me up for a soccer team, so that my ( at that time) "talent would be promoted". My parents weren't baptized at the time, but they were already so firm in the truth that they thought this was a bad idea and therefore I wasn't allowed to play in the team. 

Even though I only work out a little myself, I love watching others play sports, so I follow all kinds of sports (even on a sports streaming service): Soccer, basketball, American football, tennis, volleyball, track and field, etc.  🏀🏈🥎🏐

Since soccer is the "number 1 sport" in Europe and I am very enthusiastic about it, I can also be found regularly at the stadium for live matches of my favorite team. :uhhuh: 

Chrissy :wave:

3 hours ago, Mike047 said:

* Sit down, also with a coffee, in  a fitness centre and watch others working out

Mike, not very mature with a cup of coffee. 🤣

On 15/02/2024 at 09:43, Andrey said:

Je veux dire n’importe quel sport que vous avez déjà pratiqué ou que vous pratiquez actuellement. École, collège, vie de famille ou êtes-vous célibataire. Des activités sportives en tant que Témoin de Jéhovah, en réunion, entre amis, etc. Il serait même intéressant de savoir quel sport vous aimeriez pratiquer dans le Nouveau Monde ?

Does running behind burgers, fries or chocolate count?  If so you're talking to an all-time Olympic gold medalist.

5 hours ago, Mike047 said:

Actually, if drinking coffee was a sport, I would be a champion :coffee:

Chrissy :wave:

23-time Grand Slam champion in women's singles, former world number one, American tennis player Serena Williams was baptized as Jehovah's Witnesses, Tennis World USA reports, the ceremony was held in Florida on January 8, 2023.

Found this on the Internet today.

Edited by Andrey

20 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

Does running behind burgers, fries or chocolate count?  If so you're talking to an all-time Olympic gold medalist.

Sister Fa, you wrote somewhere that you have a horse, I see in the picture. Are you an equestrian shopping Olympian? Or running on your own two?

2 hours ago, Andrey said:

Sœur Fa, tu as écrit quelque part que tu as un cheval, je vois sur la photo. Êtes-vous un olympien du shopping équestre ? Ou courir seul ?

I have a passion for horses, brother Andreï, and my father's family owns a few. I have a niece who is competing, but as far as I am concerned, I will wait for the New World to live the dream that my profile photo offers. My vision of paradise is a set of scenarios, all written today, and in the future I will adapt depending on what Jehovah allows me to experience or not. I will leave behind anything he does not want, my trust in him is blind and absolute. Since childhood, I have acquired a certainty: everything he asks of us contributes to our happiness and to his own. From there I try to leave him the reins of everything I experience, and if I sometimes resist in spite of myself, because I lack intelligence or maturity, He always has the last word.😊

On 2/17/2024 at 2:44 AM, Mike047 said:

You must have some massive biceps from all that cup lifting.

image.thumb.jpeg.bc882336c79d02d3c21a6d27a3ee9920.jpeg

Edited by Pabo