JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

First Time in NY: What to visit?

Ciao.

Next month we will come to NY and for some of us will be the first time.

What could be relevant to visit for Jehovah's Witnesses? Museums or locations related to the Bible and/or our organization's history?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Grazie!

4 hours ago, Knight said:

Ciao.

What could be relevant to visit for Jehovah's Witnesses? Museums or locations related to the Bible and/or our organization's history?

Grazie!

If you go to the city, pretend your are familiar with area. Thieves will keep on eye on those who are visiting.

On 2/16/2024 at 8:49 PM, Junichi NAKANISHI said:

I think the Metropolitan Museum of Art is one of the best place to visit.

I visited this museum in 2016 and coincidentally saw many brothers and sisters for tour.

Enjoy your trip to NY.

Thanks, I can imagine that there are many interesting things to see there.

If you make it to MACY’S HERALD SQUARE department store, you can ride on their wooden escalators - some of the only remaining wooden escalators in existence anywhere.

If you happen to make it to 750 Woodbury Rd, Woodbury, NY on Long Island, you could report back to us if there has been any progress on the building since we now own that building

https://jw-longisland.org/

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

You can go and see our old WHQ buildings on Brooklyn. They are empty right now (at least they were last summer) and the sign reads now Welcome instead of Watchtower. They’re right next to the Brooklyn Bridge so I guess you’re going there anyway. There’s also a good ice cream shop between the bridge and out old buildings.

1c74219a970631f4742ddff8d5b2c32e.jpg

(Tapatalk)

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

I haven't been to New York in 55 years.  I was not a Witness at the time.  We toured the Empire State Building, the UN building, and the Statue of Liberty.   We were unable to go up into the upper arm of the Statue because there was work going on there.  They had to reinforce the arm because it had become unsafe.  But again, that was 55 years ago and I was not a Witness.  

Me & the wife visited New York in November, some of the highlights were: the Guggenheim we were talking to a stallholder outside who made us aware that it was pay as you like from 5pm that day which was a Saturday, so we paid a $ each !!  the Met is a must visit & you can get a guided tour from brothers, Bronx zoo was free on a Wednesday yes we stayed in the Bronx !! Staten island ferry is free & a good way to take photos of the statue of Liberty, Times square was a good experience too, but i couldn't believe  the extortionate rate the bicycle taxis were charging tourists, the 9/11 memorial pools are free to visit, the museum is nearby & very interesting, but expensive like everything else in New York, the Bethels at Warwick & Walkill & Paterson too now it's open to visit, if you can find a kindly brother or sister to take you like we did, we had a great time travelling by the subway & bus, and seen some characters too, try to visit a local congregation if you can also

On 2/20/2024 at 5:22 PM, Phil said:

Me & the wife visited New York in November, some of the highlights were: the Guggenheim we were talking to a stallholder outside who made us aware that it was pay as you like from 5pm that day which was a Saturday, so we paid a $ each !!  the Met is a must visit & you can get a guided tour from brothers, Bronx zoo was free on a Wednesday yes we stayed in the Bronx !! Staten island ferry is free & a good way to take photos of the statue of Liberty, Times square was a good experience too, but i couldn't believe  the extortionate rate the bicycle taxis were charging tourists, the 9/11 memorial pools are free to visit, the museum is nearby & very interesting, but expensive like everything else in New York, the Bethels at Warwick & Walkill & Paterson too now it's open to visit, if you can find a kindly brother or sister to take you like we did, we had a great time travelling by the subway & bus, and seen some characters too, try to visit a local congregation if you can also

Thanks Phil, well noted!

On 2/16/2024 at 10:13 AM, Knight said:

Ciao.

Grazie!

Patterson tour