JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Can I have WOL in dark mode?

Is this possible ? If can someone please direct me as how to do this please? 

Note I am using this on an android tablet from the website...

Thanks for any help. 

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

Watchtower Online Library and Watchtower Library does not have dark mode functionality; the feature is only available on jw.org, and in JW Library app. 

However, there might be some browser plugin you can use that can force dark mode all webpages including WOL.

On my device, Microsoft Edge have a feature that does just that. Otherwise, you will need to use your computer web browser and find a browser extension that would force WOL into dark mode.

I used to use a browser extension on my computer that force dark mode to all websites including jw.org when dark mode is not yet available, and it works great.

Edited by gusdn1

"For love is as strong as death is." - Song of Solomon 8:6

JWPUBS

I realize you are not a Windows user.  I use a Windows short-cut to engage the color filter in "reverse color" mode.  I set the color filter in settings and then just key in <ctl>+<Win key>+C and the colors go to dark mode in WOL.  But I am unaware of any Android setting to make it happen.  Sorry.

13 hours ago, BlaqueCalalilly said:

Is this possible ? If can someone please direct me as how to do this please? 

Note I am using this on an android tablet from the website...

Thanks for any help. 

You can use an extension in your browser to set it as dark.

I like "dark reader"

On 4/9/2024 at 9:15 AM, Dages said:

You can use an extension in your browser to set it as dark.

I like "dark reader"

Thanks...oddly enough when I tried this it said not available for my device.... I'm on an android mobile device...so this wouldn't work unfortunately ☹️

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

On 4/8/2024 at 10:59 PM, jwhess said:

I realize you are not a Windows user.  I use a Windows short-cut to engage the color filter in "reverse color" mode.  I set the color filter in settings and then just key in <ctl>+<Win key>+C and the colors go to dark mode in WOL.  But I am unaware of any Android setting to make it happen.  Sorry.

Thanks 😊 I appreciate the help I'll try in on my laptop when I use it then 😊

On 4/8/2024 at 10:24 PM, gusdn1 said:

Watchtower Online Library and Watchtower Library does not have dark mode functionality; the feature is only available on jw.org, and in JW Library app. 

However, there might be some browser plugin you can use that can force dark mode all webpages including WOL.

On my device, Microsoft Edge have a feature that does just that. Otherwise, you will need to use your computer web browser and find a browser extension that would force WOL into dark mode.

I used to use a browser extension on my computer that force dark mode to all websites including jw.org when dark mode is not yet available, and it works great.

Ok I'll see if that works.