JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 Governing Body Update #3

Go to solution Solved by Lance,

12 hours ago, Lance said:

We really do appreciate everyone’s attentiveness… we try not to be too nitpicky … since we have many who use google translate and theocratic terms don’t always come out in an appropriate way, also we have varying degrees of spiritual maturity since our minimum requirement is to be a publisher of the good news in their congregation. That being said a skunk always has a certain look and smell… it is often not new ones that have stylized  colouring and or an odoriferous bouquet .🙊🙈🙉

I honestly do not understand your last sentence. Care to expantiate?

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, pholmes38 said:

So could next Friday (14 June) be the next update - number 4?

It could. But we are not saying. All things are possible with God. But we are not saying. And don’t any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and... next Friday :D 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, pholmes38 said:

So could next Friday (14 June) be the next update - number 4?

TBH I'd have thought the priority for the Governing Body would've been to finish the August 2024 Watchtower? 🤷‍♂️

It's that that we're waiting for.....

https://jwtalk.net/topic/58083-the-watchtower-august-2024/page/8/#comment-992681

Edited by Parale

3 minutes ago, Parale said:

TBH I'd have thought the priority for the Governing Body would've been to finish the August 2024 Watchtower? 🤷‍♂️

It's that that we're waiting for.....

https://jwtalk.net/topic/58083-the-watchtower-august-2024/page/8/#comment-992681

They are doing many things at the same time.

1 hour ago, Dages said:

It could. But we are not saying. All things are possible with God. But we are not saying. And don’t any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and... next Friday :D 

If I say two in one, David, about next Friday :  the GB update will talk a few minutes about the Watchtower and the reason for its delay, am I saying ?😉

3 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

If I say two in one, David, about next Friday :  the GB update will talk a few minutes about the Watchtower and the reason for its delay, am I saying ?😉

To be clear, I have no idea if anything is coming next friday :D 

Posted (edited)

From what I remember when I visited Canada branch where all magazines are printed for USA and Canada. When printing magazines— as soon as the magazine is finished and approved by the Governing body committee, the digital copy is delivered right away to printery department and begins printing. Printing magazines for thousands of congregations takes several weeks or months depending on the requested quantities. This happens several months before the digital copy becomes available in the server and then the website.

When I was at Bethel I saw one of the unreleased Watchtower magazine. They just began printing that edition but few days later, they found an issue in it and they had to cancel printing. It was still several months before it was set for use but they had to discard more than 10,000 newly printed magazine due to an issue.

So, imagine how much more magazines had to be discarded for this August 2024 if it’s already on the server and set to be use just few months from now.

However, I am not going talk about any speculation why they had to do this for August 2024. Instead, I will just wait until they rerelease it again. Although I can say, this is pretty rare occurrence. 

Edited by gusdn1

"For love is as strong as death is." - Song of Solomon 8:6

JWPUBS

3 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Peut-être qu'ils sont en train de le réécrire. J'ai normalement 6 semaines d'intervalle et cette semaine marque 6 semaines à partir du n°3.

I also calculated but differently, Brother Blake, and also arrived at tomorrow's date (the following week at the latest). Obviously I was wrong, but that doesn't mean I'm a false prophet, am I?😶