JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 Governing Body Update #3

1 hour ago, Andrey said:

:apportez-le:

:brosse à dents:

:ecstatic:                         A theme that will produce 120 pages ?

I would like : how much time will pass between the GT and Armageddon and how or rather why the governments will forget us at first when they destroy all religions, I am intrigued, we are so visible?

Possibly the confirmation that we are nearer then we think.  Hold on.  Stay faithful.  We are almost there.   Possibly pointing out the increase of violence as never before.  Also, maybe comfort and encouragement.

Violence today is happening so fast it is snowballing.  It comes in clusters.  Did anyone see what these monster tornadoes in the middle of the country?  It obliterated towns and killed 4 people.

I know Jehovah will resurrect us if we are caught in this horrific climate change.  However, it does not allay my fears and concern for our brothers all over the world.

When I sit down at my dinner table I often wonder whether the friends have the necessary food.  When I buy clothing (pants) better yet (trousers) I often wonder do our sisters have enough clothing.  My mind is always like a windmill forever wondering.  Forever praying!

come lord Jesus, come!

Governing Body Update, more like the local needs of brothers and sisters that affect the World Organization. Innovative Ideas.

JW Broadcasting, more like a training program that will be addressed during the current month in Watchtower training articles and ministry assistance addressing specific topics.

Perhaps something new to review or change. Perhaps news related to the upcoming Regional Congress or a recent Memorial Day. Perhaps the brethren will talk about a new project, such as Ramapo or others. It should take 20 minutes to tell the local needs and announcements and get us a little excited. :upsidedown: :cool:

36 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

These past GB up dates has cause me to overdose on chocolate and travel to a couple galaxies. Now I'm back to earth. Over and out.

A modest advice, Brother Glenn: leave your radio on and replenish your cocoa stock. I think you haven't finished going back and forth between Earth and Galaxies. The GB brothers have sparkling eyes and that's a sign that they're up to something. If not for today, it will be for tomorrow.

Perhaps updates on how the "Special" forms of ministry are doing - Prison, Harbor, Special Metro ...

Maybe some updates on some of the recent disasters and extreme weather problems that have caused devastation to populated areas.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Posted (edited)

Perhaps they will announce that the full 16 page public magazines will be discontinued and will be replaced by single article tracts. 

https://jwtalk.net/topic/57943-is-it-time-to-review-our-tracts/

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I    .....   CAN'T ....... WAIT .....  !    ........

:bringiton::bringiton::bringiton::bringiton::bringiton::bringiton::bringiton:

Oh, I soooo looking forward to this!

Anyone know the countdown? How many days? I'm not particular about chocolate, so what do I do???????

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

Perhaps news from Norway or Japan about the government harassment on our legal stablishmebt 

perhaps news from brothers in Haiti or Sudan

perhaps news from the memorial attendance

or something surprisingly important 🧡🤗

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 minute ago, Sofia said:

Peut-être des nouvelles de Norvège ou du Japon sur le harcèlement du gouvernement contre notre établissement légal. 

peut-être des nouvelles de frères en Haïti ou au Soudan

peut-être des nouvelles de la participation au mémorial

ou quelque chose d'étonnamment important 🧡 🤗

May be May be May be, Sofia🥰

12 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

Perhaps no tie or jackets required on the stage ! Yesterday my wife visited our daughters meeting on zoom, a brother that was handling the stage mics didn't have a jacket or tie on, will the podium speakers & readers be next ?  🤔

That was clarified this week by a letter to the elders in the US. Don't get rid of the tie and jacket yet :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 5/1/2024 at 9:10 AM, Dolce vita said:

how or rather why the governments will forget us at first when they destroy all religions, I am intrigued, we are so visible?

As Pure Worship book explain: "Jehovah will use the nations of this world to carry out his judgment against all false religion" (15 chapter, 20 §).

But they will think it was their idea..

Will ban on religious organizations (non profit too).

They will probably impose a ban on all religions, including JW (it is already happening now, for example Russia, real estate foreclosure). Time will tell whether Jehovah's organization will use legal corporations as tools during the GT. But one thing is certain - we will continue to actively worship God. This will infuriate Satan and Gog of Magog will attack God's people, but we know the result. Expect the unexpected - not the result, but the way in which Jehovah will achieve His victory.

Jehovah has style 🙂

41 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

That was clarified this week by a letter to the elders in the US. Don't get rid of the tie and jacket yet :D

Since the dress clarification wasn't listed in the announcement to the "Congregation" in general but just in the elder part, our Service Committee sent all of the affected brothers a copy of the paragraph outlining the required dress.  We have a midweek meeting tonight.  It definitely answered any questions.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Comme l'explique le livre Pure Worship : « Jéhovah utilisera les nations de ce monde pour exécuter son jugement contre toute fausse religion » (15 chapitre, 20 §).

Mais ils penseront que c'était leur idée.

Interdiction des organisations religieuses (à but non lucratif également).

Ils imposeront probablement une interdiction à toutes les religions , y compris JW (cela se produit déjà maintenant, par exemple en Russie, avec les saisies immobilières). Le temps nous dira si l'organisation de Jéhovah utilisera les sociétés légales comme outils pendant le GT . Mais une chose est sûre : nous continuerons à adorer Dieu activement . Cela rendra Satan furieux et Gog de Magog attaquera le peuple de Dieu, mais nous connaissons le résultat. Attendez-vous à l’inattendu – non pas au résultat, mais à la manière dont Jéhovah obtiendra sa victoire.

Jéhovah a du style 🙂

Thank you, Roberto, for your answer and you are right, Jehovah is very stylish 🤩. I just wonder how we're going to get under the radar but we're practiced. We are regularly reminded that during the GT we will continue to prosper on a spiritual level so that intrigues me a little.

• gusdn1 changed the title to 2024 Governing Body Update #3