JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ok so I need self control while having this puppy

Bec C

Completely lost all spirituality this morning :cry:

We have a new puppy, well I say new, we've had her for weeks now, but she is so naughty. I read on forums how you mustn't scold them so I've been trying that, but she is just doing as she pleases, yesterday she chewed my new sandals I got for the convention, and a pot of pot pouri. Today I took her in the car for a walk after the school run, only she decided to poo and wee in the back of the car, so I drove home to clean it up, but I didn't realise she had stood in it so she then walked it through the house!!!

I went mad, put her in the garden, fed her out ther then I put her in her crate, which is where she is now. I give up!! Do I carry on with the nice ness or do I do as my mum and sister says and rub her nose in it and smack her hard?!!

Sorry to off load but I am stressed to the eyeballs with her. X(

Things change so quickly:

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?53,107573,113076#msg-113076

You have my sympathies.

Lol do you always have such a good memory?!!!

I have calmed down, and realised it was bad management on my part. It was a massive rush this morning and she didnt go out and take her time as usual.

But boy its hard work. Thinking of getting a puppy? think again and again and again :surrender:

and smack her hard?!!

NO, NO, NEVER DO THAT!!!! Your puppy needs training so she'll know how to behave, and it'll take every ounce of your patience, but it would be cruel of you to smack her!

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

You have to catch a dog in the act and scold it then, if you do it later, for example when you come home and find the mess, it won't know why you are mad. So if you see the dog chewing a sandal, you can say, "No!" and then he'll know that it's wrong to chew the sandal. (Then he will just do it when you are not around!)

• 2 weeks later...

Rebecca,

I had a friend who had a monster of a rat terrier. Even obedience training dis not work.I don't know I you have animal planet on cable over there, but there is a show called dog whisperer that helped her incredibly. You may be able to look it up online. That or a show called dogs in the city. Both will help you a lot.